Questyle QP1
Feb 14, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #3,392 of 4,272
I thought you (MoeDawg) and JerryLeeds were replying to my post no. 3376. Apologies if I'm wrong.

I would have either mentioned you (like this: Scribemole) or replied to your post (like I am doing right now) if addressing you - unless for certain reasons (such as if I feel a person is trolling, the person could have read the thread to get answers, and other specific, one-off reasons). In the above/previous page (based on member's specific page viewing settings) posted case (post #3391 of this thread) I was replying to JerryLeeds to see if he updated the firmware yet (he posted issues in the QP1R thread). In your case, you posted in the QP1R thread your issues as well, and replied to you (it is for anyone who has similar issues as well), in the QP1R review thread, here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings/945#post_12342468.

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #3,393 of 4,272
I've reinstalled firmware version 1.0.5 and only used the player so far for a 3 hour session ...

No issues as of yet with shutdown ... I will continue to use this new version and will post any other issues that occur ...

Note I only had the problem happen twice last week once on Monday and again on Friday morning ... So it will take some time before I'm OK with the firmware

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #3,394 of 4,272
I've reinstalled firmware version 1.0.5 and only used the player so far for a 3 hour session ...

No issues as of yet with shutdown ... I will continue to use this new version and will post any other issues that occur ...

Note I only had the problem happen twice last week once on Monday and again on Friday morning ... So it will take some time before I'm OK with the firmware

These questions are in advance if you experience any more issues:

If you have tested the reinstalled firmware version 1.0.5 for hours and/or overnight (more than 3 hours to make certain), and the unit still does not work for you, have you downgraded to the 1.0.2 firmware? (The download for it from my Google Drive is in the QP1R review thread if you search - I personally recommend it over 1.0.4 [my explanation of why is in this thread if you search the thread]).

Once you downgraded to 1.0.2, did you test for hours and/or overnight to see if everything functioned correctly?

Let us know if it happens anymore after performing the above troubleshooting steps, and if it does, please post as much information as you can (for example, battery left when unit shutdown, file and format of files played, computer and software used for formatting the micro SD cards (if playing through micro SD cards, etcetera).

Thank you in advance.

(Also posted in the QP1R review thread, for reference).

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #3,395 of 4,272
Ah OK @moedawg140 , sorry, I've been using a tablet to access the forum, now I'm on a laptop and looking properly. Somehow I hadn't realised I'd posted in 2 different threads. Blame lack of brain following the nightshift please. I've just seen your extensive reply in the other thread so thank you, sorry for the confusion.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #3,396 of 4,272
Ah OK @moedawg140 , sorry, I've been using a tablet to access the forum, now I'm on a laptop and looking properly. Somehow I hadn't realised I'd posted in 2 different threads. Blame lack of brain following the nightshift please. I've just seen your extensive reply in the other thread so thank you, sorry for the confusion.

No worries at all. Just trying to clarify as best as I can (and not possibly upset anyone in the process). :beerchug:

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #3,398 of 4,272
Ok ...

I woke up this morning figuring I would further test the reinstalled firmware 1.0.5 for possible shutdown.

I won't be down grading to a previous version ... I want to use the 9,999 library limit

Well that was easy!!!     During boot-up just prior to the moving Questyle banner (top & bottom halves coming together) ... the unit turned itself off .. bang I'm done

I turned it back on and it is working now. After about 5 minutes the battery indicator turned red reading 10%

Unit is charging now via A/C charger, I'm still listening to it play. I may need to leave a few times to go see to my laundry.

Unit settings listed below .. I think you can see I pretty much don't need much because I have most things Off.

BTW: I've made a few mild remarks about wording. Being a programmer I always find making the GUI part of things the toughest. Just trying to help out a bit.

Play Settings
Play Mode: Random
Resume Mode: Song
Gapless Play: Off

System Settings:
Language: English
Volume Direction: Clockwise
Volume Knob Lock: Off
Fixed Volume Setting: <Last Setting>  <- why reuse 'setting', is redundant in 'Settings' section
Power-On Volume: 8
Line Out Volume: Adjustable
Gain: High
EQ Setting : Off                <- Better phrase should be 'EQ Used'
EG 1: I've not setup yet
EQ 2: I've not setup yet
Update Media Lib: Manual
Flip Functon: Off
OK Key to wake up: Off
Screen Shutdown: Off
Screen Shutdown Time: 60 seconds    <- If the above is set to 'Off' this should turn to 0 or combine both into one setting
Brightness: 3
Home Screen Mode: 1        
Vibrate Off
Idle PowerOff: Off
Sleep: Off
Sleep Timer: 10 Minutes   <- Again like the above Screen Shutdown ... this should be 0 when Sleep is Off  or combine both into one setting
About QP 1R:        <- These last 4 are pretty much actions and not settings
Storage Formatting:
Factory Restore:
Upgrade:

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #3,399 of 4,272
Anybody use the QP1R with the first gen Roxannes? I want to compare if it's my unit that has a hiss on the right channel or its because of the pairing. My Roxannes did not (or at least I didnt notice) a hiss with other sources and my other IEMs are not as sensitive as them so I cant compare.

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #3,400 of 4,272
Anybody use the QP1R with the first gen Roxannes? I want to compare if it's my unit that has a hiss on the right channel or its because of the pairing. My Roxannes did not (or at least I didnt notice) a hiss with other sources and my other IEMs are not as sensitive as them so I cant compare.

I am using mine with the roxanne and have no hiss. That I can hear that is. :D

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #3,402 of 4,272
I am using mine with the roxanne and have no hiss. That I can hear that is.
biggrin.gif

Damn cause mine is quite noticeable on the right.

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #3,403 of 4,272
I set it to low gain when using my ES5 Westones and it is super quiet!

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #3,404 of 4,272
Gratuitous glamour shot.....

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #3,405 of 4,272
"Danger, Will Robinson!" 

Multiple times, while Browsing Files and then using the Back Menu or Home Capacitance Button, I've been transported directly to the Format Media option appearing at the bottom of the screen. This could be devastating if you're futzing with the QP1R in your pocket or bag and not watching the screen. I haven't been able to put my finger on (pun intended), exactly what causes this to happen, but I've noticed this unexpected behavior in both FW 1.0.4 and 1.0.5. If it were just a one time fluke, that could be attributable to a software glitch, but this has happened to me many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back