Questyle QP1
Sep 28, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #1,651 of 4,272
How are the load times/db update times, i was thinking of getting some also - thanks
Forget the library mode, that'll bum out at 5800 tracks (at time of writing)

However, so long as happy to use the folder view (which I always have) then it is as snappy as if using an 8gb card (strangely, unsure if I'm alone, the msd slots work quicker than the internal memory!?)

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #1,652 of 4,272
  Received my player last week. Have been doing a "burn in" by playing the player using the Ibasso DX90 burn in cable, and allowing the player to run the battery down to 5% until it shuts itself off, then recharging the battery, and doing it again.

Should I be doing this process this way, or should I just plug the player in using the wall charger and let it run? Thanks in advance for your response.    

When I got my (new) DX90 I let it play for almost 2 weeks in a row (iBasso advised 400 hours) while charging it, using the included burn-in cable...don't know how much hours (if needed at all) the QP1R needs...

What are folks thoughts on "burning in"  IEMs? Is it necessary, and if so, what is the best way to accomplish this in a speedy way? Thanks again in advance for your response(s) 

As far as I know only dynamic drivers should need burn-in...but I always got my dynamic/hybrid iems 2nd hand...so if they needed burn-in hours at all, they already got it when I received them...

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #1,653 of 4,272
  Received my player last week. Have been doing a "burn in" by playing the player using the Ibasso DX90 burn in cable, and allowing the player to run the battery down to 5% until it shuts itself off, then recharging the battery, and doing it again.

Should I be doing this process this way, or should I just plug the player in using the wall charger and let it run? Thanks in advance for your response.    

Whenever you get a new product that uses Li-ion battery it's always wise to do a full drain and charge it back to full. Beyond that it should be fine to leave it charging while burning-in.

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #1,654 of 4,272
I looks more and more like Questyle is sourcing the same FW coders as FiiO and Cayin for the QP1/R. Not surprising if this is the case because most of the programmers available now a days are trained for Android and such. Be interesting to know for sure but I doubt they'd say.

The firmware is all done in house, as it has to communicate with very specific hardware. That is not to say that some off the shelf components were not use, no programmer wants to reinvent the wheel. The majority of programmers nowadays use object oriented programming, which depends on libraries created by other programmers, so it is not surprising that several companies sourced their data base components from the same source. The firmware is currently 31 MB, that's over a million lines of code, no single programmer could have produced that in the 9 months since the initial hardware was completed. 

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #1,655 of 4,272
The firmware is all done in house, as it has to communicate with very specific hardware. That is not to say that some off the shelf components were not use, no programmer wants to reinvent the wheel. The majority of programmers nowadays use object oriented programming, which depends on libraries created by other programmers, so it is not surprising that several companies sourced their data base components from the same source. The firmware is currently 31 MB, that's over a million lines of code, no single programmer could have produced that in the 9 months since the initial hardware was completed. 

And this is why you do open source projects. I for one would be very happy to include a few features for the community and submit it to your lead developers who can then merge it into their code.

Basic open source that works wonders.

On an unrelated note, I opted for a X5ii hoping some day there is a QP2R with USB DAC and open OS.

Regards.

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #1,656 of 4,272
And this is why you do open source projects. I for one would be very happy to include a few features for the community and submit it to your lead developers who can then merge it into their code.

Basic open source that works wonders.

On an unrelated note, I opted for a X5ii hoping some day there is a QP2R with USB DAC and open OS.

Regards.

I second this as well. I would like to stick my hand into this stuff. Since object-oriented programming is pretty much all we seem to learn in UT Arlington, I could put it to good use.

That being said, I most likely failed my Engineering Problem Solving exam. The most pointless and unnecessary difficult class I have ever paid for. I'm gonna be mad for a long time.

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #1,657 of 4,272
  5800 Song limit? I must say that slowly there are a few things noticed which are all for themselves no deal-breakers. But accumulated?
They should hurry with the first FW-upgrade...

Seems the QP1R needs to be "rockboxed" asap....

With QP1R and Cowon's P1 both selling at same price this will become a difficult decision....

You have not been paying attention, there have been 3 firmware updates since the units were debuted at T.H.E. Show Newport. 2 updates since the review samples were sent out last month, all in response to user feedback to enhance features (IE: no reported bugs). 

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #1,658 of 4,272
Anyone found any cheap micro usb cables with a thinner housing? I want to get a few extra ... eBay doesn't really make things clear as far it fitting the QP1.

Also, that 5800 limit is a real downer ... I extremely hope this is fixed soon ...

I recommending checking out your local Cellphone accessory vendors, that's where we found ours. We were able to find some relatively nice woven nylon wrapped flat cables with extra long USB tabs that work great. But you want to have the player with you and physically test it, rather than just blind ordering off the internet.

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #1,659 of 4,272

My hat goes off to Questyle for the excellent QP1/R. No DAP manufacturer can please everybody.
frown.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,660 of 4,272
I second this as well. I would like to stick my hand into this stuff. Since object-oriented programming is pretty much all we seem to learn in UT Arlington, I could put it to good use.

That being said, I most likely failed my Engineering Problem Solving exam. The most pointless and unnecessary difficult class I have ever paid for. I'm gonna be mad for a long time.

LOL I teach just that here in France in master degree. I don't know what they tried to teach you but it's usually just decomposing a complex problem into smaller problems and having some abstract layers in between.

That being said, I would expect most of the code to be in C which doesn't mean a proper implementation of objects for higher level layers.

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #1,661 of 4,272
  Have my QPR1 and the sound is amazing. Hope firmware updates are in design to have the wheel more responsive, more consistent but I am getting better at it.  Want an option that shuffle will work on all folders and of course that media update goes way beyond 5800, 10K sounds good for future purposes.  
Also went to register the product per card in package and there is no place to do so on the web page. Any help here is appreciated.
Any advice on how I can import playlist from JRiver (without importing all the folders/songs again) would be appreciated? Sorry to rant on but the product is lovely for SQ and just want it to be all I dreamed it would be. Thanks!
Trying to figure a way entire albums can be added in one shot to playlist per the QPR1 but no luck so far.  Wondering out loud if I can move them to the premade list on the computer if this will work.  If it does I will drop a line to this positive result. 
Love the SQ, top notch and am so glad I waited for this to come!

The VIP cards were a last minute addition to the units, we will have VIP registration up as soon as possible, the website is brand new and still being ironed out (the old server we contracted had a plethora of issues requiring us to relocate).

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #1,663 of 4,272

As usual, AxelCloris' advice is correct.

Quote:

Whenever you get a new product that uses Li-ion battery it's always wise to do a full drain and charge it back to full. Beyond that it should be fine to leave it charging while burning-in.

Sep 28, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #1,664 of 4,272
LOL I teach just that here in France in master degree. I don't know what they tried to teach you but it's usually just decomposing a complex problem into smaller problems and having some abstract layers in between.

That being said, I would expect most of the code to be in C which doesn't mean a proper implementation of objects for higher level layers.

If you want to look at ENGR 1300 (the class I'm talking about) that way, then I guess its not too far off. However, I'm mad that we still have to study physics and chemistry concepts that majors learn  in that class. Kind of like this: Given Sally has a ball weighing 57kg and throws it up at an average velocity 7m/s, calculate the destructive power of a nuke. I can learn programming concepts and languages with no time flat. I am terrible at conversions and similar problems like the one I was joking about.

What I mean is I can make a program if you give me an objective. But what I am learning in the class is stuff that I would be using in those who major in that field. ​I actually have a class that does actual problem solving in software engineering in my later years, 3xxx level classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back