Questyle QP1
May 19, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #4,142 of 4,272
From the specs, it seems single ended on qp2r is lower powered than the current qp1r.

You need to utilise the balanced output for the higher power.

Thanks. Looks like Campfire Audio Vegas first.

May 21, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #4,144 of 4,272
cool i hope i will like it.. and it is match with my PP8
PP8 == ProPhile 8? If so, you are in for a real treat, it's my travel setup, it makes the long flights I take for work much nicer. My comparisons at home are

speakers: Schiit Yggdrasil > Hegel H360 > KEF Reference 1
headphones: Holo Spring KTE 3 > Schiit Jotunheim > MrSpeakers Ether C Flow

QP1R > ProPhile 8 pairing may not have the same dynamics and layering as those systems with the best recordings, but it's close enough to keep me happy away from home. Like them it has excellent neutrality, lack of treble glare, solid bass, and fast transients.

May 22, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #4,145 of 4,272
PP8 == ProPhile 8? If so, you are in for a real treat, it's my travel setup, it makes the long flights I take for work much nicer. My comparisons at home are

speakers: Schiit Yggdrasil > Hegel H360 > KEF Reference 1
headphones: Holo Spring KTE 3 > Schiit Jotunheim > MrSpeakers Ether C Flow

QP1R > ProPhile 8 pairing may not have the same dynamics and layering as those systems with the best recordings, but it's close enough to keep me happy away from home. Like them it has excellent neutrality, lack of treble glare, solid bass, and fast transients.

yes prophile 8, i heard good thing about QP1R with UERR since they have same characteristics

May 26, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #4,146 of 4,272
UPD.

Got it. In terms of SQ QP1R much better than Opus 1. Tighter, stronger bass, more prominent vocals reproduction and treble, which got necessary sparkle. Also overal transparency/ detail retrieval is noticeable higher.

But I still think that touch screen is better than the wheel.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #4,151 of 4,272
A little bit O/T, but as a few of you guys are discussing the new QP2R, if you wanted to check out some initial impressions, have posted some brief thoughts on another blog:

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/07/03/questyle-qp2r-initial-impressions-part-1-of-2/

I only had the QP1R for about a month, so not able to do any strict A/B, but I think the 2R is close enough to the original sound to keep fans of the original happy - I actually preferred it with my Vega.

Edit - clarified the above statement to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #4,152 of 4,272
A little bit O/T, but as a few of you guys are discussing the new QP2R, if you wanted to check out some initial impressions, have posted some brief thoughts on another blog:

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/07/03/questyle-qp2r-initial-impressions-part-1-of-2/

I only had the QP1R for about a month, so not able to do any strict A/B, but I think it's close enough to the original sound to keep fans of the original happy - I actually preferred it with my Vega.
Cool. Looking forward to part 2.

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #4,153 of 4,272

I only had the QP1R for about a month, so not able to do any strict A/B, but I think it's close enough to the original sound to keep fans of the original happy - I actually preferred it with my Vega.
Thanks for the review, looking forward to part 2. Question: "preferred it with my Vega": "it" refers to 1R or 2R? Also, are you using single-ended or balanced cable with the 2R? Comment: 1Rs like mine shipped after December have an improved wheel that works pretty well.

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #4,154 of 4,272
Thanks for the review, looking forward to part 2. Question: "preferred it with my Vega": "it" refers to 1R or 2R? Also, are you using single-ended or balanced cable with the 2R? Comment: 1Rs like mine shipped after December have an improved wheel that works pretty well.

I meant I enjoy the 2R more with the Vega. I listen to the balanced out where I can, but I don't have a balanced 2 pin at the moment so been listening to the Zeus-XR through the single ended output.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #4,155 of 4,272
As so often on Head-Fi, general interest in a product wanes dramatically once the manufacturer launches a successor. Fortunately, that doesn't make the original any less excellent and it's often a great time to snag a bargain. I've been interested in the QP-1R pretty much since it's launch; excited by the sound quality but worried enough by some of the user reports of UI frustrations and battery indication issues etc. not to have taken the plunge. A recent discount offer from a UK store at an amazing price (£550) saw me finally tempted to buy one and I'm glad I did. The good news so far for is that all the reports of its excellent sound quality seem spot on, while the less positive stuff seems less of a problem than I feared.

I reckon its still right up with the best DAPs in terms of sound quality. In terms of UI I feel like I've gone full circle in UI terms and come home - quite literally - having been a fairly early adopter of an iPod around 15 years ago.

Thanks to all who have made this thread so interesting and useful!

Questyle-QP1R_DSF8166.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back