Questyle QP1
May 17, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #4,126 of 4,272
:ksc75smile::smile_phones:
I just ordered my QP1R and i will get it maybe next week, i saw a lot of people posting an issue with the battery indicator, is it also come with the latest fw? I am thinking not to update the fw if the problem is still there with the latest one
Hi I have the recent firmware version 8 and so far no battery indicator problems

Good luck and be prepared to be transported to another music dimension when you press play:smile_phones:

May 17, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #4,127 of 4,272
Seriously you will not regret it this dap is amazing, I have come from a Cowon Pleanue P1, Fiio X5iii, Chord Mojo, Ibasso DX200 and this QP1R is phenomenal it blows the rest away, you think you have heard everything in a song but you haven't until you listen on the QP1R

Clarity, depth, nuances, timbre, the QP1R reveals everything in the recording

An emotional dap that makes you listen to all your recordings again and again its like your hearing them for the first time

Enjoy

I wasn't aware that Eddie Van Halen's guitar was so far to the right on Dance the Night Away. Thanks to the Questyle QP1R, I now know.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #4,128 of 4,272
The store send me a notice, that Q is missing in stock, so I have to wait a bit more, while it will be shipped to them from Questyle. Oh that wait... :frowning2:

About DX200 and QP1R comparison. One reviewer at our local forum told me, that he prefered to listen QP1R while working on review of DX200. He had to switch back to DX200 because it was his duty.

May 18, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #4,129 of 4,272
The store send me a notice, that Q is missing in stock, so I have to wait a bit more, while it will be shipped to them from Questyle. Oh that wait... :frowning2:

About DX200 and QP1R comparison. One reviewer at our local forum told me, that he prefered to listen QP1R while working on review of DX200. He had to switch back to DX200 because it was his duty.
The QP1R is in a completely different league, seriously all the daps ive owned including the cowon P1, AK380, DX200, the QP1R is the closest ive ever felt to the music....I think that says it all

May 18, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #4,134 of 4,272
Hey everyone.

It's been a while since I've had a chance to get on here. A quick update on things. I've recently returned from my office in Shenzhen, China, the factory. We have moved our offices to a much larger building and have greatly increased our staff, yet again.

We are building a whole new website, you can go to www.questyleaudio.com and see some of the changes/improvements as they are happening.

As you read this, we are launching the new QP2R and CMA400i in Munich and will have the official North American launch in less than a couple weeks at the LA Audio Show June 2, 3 and 4. If you are in the LA area, please stop by, say hello and listen to the new goodies!! You can find us in the HeadGear Extreme as well as Room 112.

You can read more about the QP2R here: http://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/questyle-qp2r.850266/.

A lot of really exciting things happening here at Questyle and we can't wait to share them with you!! In the mean time, both myself and Alan, Netforce, are available to answer any questions and offer you any assistance you may need. Feel free to send either of us a PM or email us at info_usa@questyleaudio.com. Below are a few pictures of the new QP2R & CMA400i.

Stay Tuned!!

B2

All the exciting details on the QP2R can be found here
http://www.questyleaudio.com/product-QP2R

QP2R Launch 1.jpg

QP2R Launch 2.jpg

And the highly anticipated CMA400i.......

CMA400i Launch.png

May 18, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #4,135 of 4,272
Not bothered for 1 it only has 1 micro sd slot and 2 its AKM dac which os not for me

Im very very happy with the QPR1
Just one micro SD slot is also a showstopper for me. I guess they are hoping that higher capacity cards will show up soon, but given how long it took for cards to go from 200GB to 250, I'm not so sure. As for AKM, some trusted sources have reported that the AKM 4490 can be made to sound pretty neutral. The built-in DAC in my Hegel H360 uses an earlier AKM chip, my one objection to it is that it's a bit too smooth and polite, which is why I have an external Yggy for that system. The DACs I listen to most, besides the one in the QP1R, are Schiit multibits (Yggy, Bimby) and a Holo Spring NOS R2R. The QP1R has the one delta-sigma implementation that sounds to me acceptable relative to those R2R DACs: neutral, no bloomy bass or glary highs but crisp transients.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #4,137 of 4,272
The UI on the QP2R is an original UI that we have collaborated with a major consumer electronics company to develop. As a result the battery indicator is much more accurate on the QP2R and we are constantly tweaking the firmware.

The QP1R will still receive firmware updates and the new firmware update we are working towards relieving the battery indicator issues.

Sounds good.

May 18, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #4,138 of 4,272
While the QP2R looks very similar to the QP1R, it is a whole different animal inside, much more horsepower, different OS and UI, different wheel and more. Due to the increase in horsepower, we had to sacrifice the 2nd card slot as there was just no where on the pcb to put it. While you might think "well that's a deal killer for me", please reserve judgement until you have it in your hand and you hear it!! You're very likely to change your mind.

As for the QP1R, we are still working on the next fw update which will address the battery indicator as well as other things. We understand it is frustrating, but please be patient and allow us the time to do it right.

May 18, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #4,139 of 4,272
While the QP2R looks very similar to the QP1R, it is a whole different animal inside, much more horsepower, different OS and UI, different wheel and more. Due to the increase in horsepower, we had to sacrifice the 2nd card slot as there was just no where on the pcb to put it. While you might think "well that's a deal killer for me", please reserve judgement until you have it in your hand and you hear it!! You're very likely to change your mind.

As for the QP1R, we are still working on the next fw update which will address the battery indicator as well as other things. We understand it is frustrating, but please be patient and allow us the time to do it right.

Exactly how much more horsepower? Price?

May 18, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #4,140 of 4,272

What is the QP2R in response to? There hasn't seemed to be widespread dissatisfaction with "horsepower" within the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back