Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
Jul 8, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #183 of 553
Coax Optical or usb?

Does questyle or users believe there is much of a Difference in quality in these three ( I don't use dsd)?

My 600i is be connected to an Aries mini streamer, which outputs all 3.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #184 of 553
@Netforce is 400i free from usb clicks and pops present on 600i?
just share my experience. bought cma600i around mid June, no clicking/popping sound with USB connection either directly from tidal app or thru Jriver.
window 10/tidal desktop app with wasapi setting/usb to questyle cma600i

Jul 21, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #186 of 553
Musik can you advise what serial number yours is please ? It would help to understand the cut-off serial number of when the problem had been fixed in the factory. I understand from the UK that xxx0500 onwards seemed to be ok but that was not a precise cut off. Mine is 10300500228 and certainly has a usb problem.

thanks

Jul 21, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #187 of 553
Mine is 10300500513
I bought from amazon us marketplace around mid June. I sent email before order asking vendor about issue relate to usb connection. He said it was received recently from manufacturer
My connection: window 10, tidal desktop app with wasapi setting. I have never experienced any clicking/popping with USB connection. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #188 of 553
Hey guys I recently bought mine from musictomyear.com and Craig was nice enough to answer some of my questions and I pulled the trigger. I contacted Questyle before purchasing the 600i and was told that they had problems with earlier released version but the newiest version have been fixed. Now for me coming from a Matrix Audio Mini I Pro 2015 which had a ESS SABRE Ultra ES9016 and I definitely think the Questyle 600i is superior in sound.
I also just recently purchased the Oppo UDP-205 with the Dual ESS ES9038PRO Sabre Pro DACS and listened to a couple of SACD and Ultra HD 4K movies via UDP-205 headphone off the front. All I can say is wow very nice I need more time to setup through Windows 10 but so far it sounds amazing.
I will give a more detail review of the three soon.. But so far I really like the Questyle, looking forward on trying it via balanced headphones.

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #189 of 553
So glad you like it!! It's always nice hear when someone is happy about what they get. Like I said on the YouTube video, I like using the 600i as a reference for new cans that we get in. Most days I have that hooked up to Tidal though USB and call it a day ha.

Still looking forward to the 400i for IEM use.... we will be getting that whenever we can get our hands on it

Aug 6, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #190 of 553
Hello everyone. New to Head-Fi, I was just wondering if anyone had an update on what this USB issue was. I have tried contacting my retailer but they are being difficult, they tend not to reply to emails. My serial number is 10300500425 if anyone is interested. I bought this unit in July but the test sheet dates December 2016. Thanks!
EDIT- to clarify I do have a USB popping/clicking issue. Happens at the beginning of audio stream after 10 seconds or so of silence. Also happens while browsing the web if no sound is playing after a period of 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #191 of 553
I was looking at this unit and usb issues are concerning.

Have you tried contacting queststyle directly?

Aug 13, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #192 of 553
I was looking at this unit and usb issues are concerning.

Have you tried contacting queststyle directly?
I have contacted Questyle, they have not responded. The supplier here in Australia contacted me, they were really nice. He said that they knew of the issue but it hasn't been explained to him what the problem actually is or it's symptoms. They have just been told to do a hardware update on units that have a hardware revision of v6.C5 I have sent the unit back to them. He said he has gotten a new shipment of 600i's this week, if the unit has issues when he tests it he may just send me one of the new units. I will update when I have more info.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #193 of 553
I have contacted Questyle, they have not responded. The supplier here in Australia contacted me, they were really nice. He said that they knew of the issue but it hasn't been explained to him what the problem actually is or it's symptoms. They have just been told to do a hardware update on units that have a hardware revision of v6.F3 I have sent the unit back to them. He said he has gotten a new shipment of 600i's this week, if the unit has issues when he tests it he may just send me one of the new units. I will update when I have more info.

Cheers thats good news atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back