Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
May 9, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #541 of 553
Will this work right away when you plug it in to an ipad pro via apple usb c to usb otg dongle?

May 9, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #542 of 553
I'd like to know before buying the apple dongle.

May 9, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #543 of 553
I'd like to know before buying the apple dongle.
I'm not sure about Apple, sorry, but mine worked ok with Android mobile devices via an OTG cable.

May 9, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #544 of 553
I'm not sure about Apple, sorry, but mine worked ok with Android mobile devices via an OTG cable.
Glad to know it's working fine on android. I might try it as well since I'm on android mobile.

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #545 of 553
Has anyone tried to contact Questyle recently?
Has their customers service come back from the dead yet?

I have the option to buy a CMA600i that is still under warranty BUT the serial is below xxx500. Wonder if they could do anything about it...

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #547 of 553
Has anyone tried to contact Questyle recently?
Has their customers service come back from the dead yet?

I have the option to buy a CMA600i that is still under warranty BUT the serial is below xxx500. Wonder if they could do anything about it...
@larsv Let me check with the team and get back to you on that. Do you specifically have any current issue with it, or are you just wondering if the warranty would still be valid before you buy it?

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Jan 26, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #548 of 553
@larsv Let me check with the team and get back to you on that. Do you specifically have any current issue with it, or are you just wondering if the warranty would still be valid before you buy it?

Haven't bought it yet, but it has the known USB issues (clicks and pops, short stops).
replacement is difficult: cma 600i isn't made anymore and shipping it to China (from the EU) and receiving something back through customs is not very cost efficient either.

Or I should accept I can only use it with Toslink.

Jan 26, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #549 of 553
Haven't bought it yet, but it has the known USB issues (clicks and pops, short stops).
replacement is difficult: cma 600i isn't made anymore and shipping it to China (from the EU) and receiving something back through customs is not very cost efficient either.

Or I should accept I can only use it with Toslink.
@larsv Indeed, the 600i is quite an old product that we discontinued a while back. Due to component availability as well as customs issues, it's very difficult (and like you said, not very cost efficient) to service/repair the product back in China. Shipping and customs might even cost more than the price of the product now.

The best bet is to contact the original dealer/retailer that the 600i was purchased through. They should have a maintenance team that can help fix any issues without having to ship the unit back to China. Does the seller offer that information?

It's true, you could use the product using Toslink, but having a proper USB connection will really help future-proof the purchase. To be honest, if you're intent on buying second-hand, it might more sense to wait for a second hand CMA Twelve to appear.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Aug 21, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #550 of 553
@Questyle

I have a Questyle CMA600i and when I was manually turning up the volume knob I noticed it was not working. It then came off completely. I can use the remote volume control which works, but is there any way that I can get a replacement volume knob or instructions how to fix it?

Aug 22, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #551 of 553
@Questyle

I have a Questyle CMA600i and when I was manually turning up the volume knob I noticed it was not working. It then came off completely. I can use the remote volume control which works, but is there any way that I can get a replacement volume knob or instructions how to fix it?
Is there a little hex screw, in the volume knob, that can be tightened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back