Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
Sep 3, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #197 of 553
I have contacted Questyle, they have not responded. The supplier here in Australia contacted me, they were really nice. He said that they knew of the issue but it hasn't been explained to him what the problem actually is or it's symptoms. They have just been told to do a hardware update on units that have a hardware revision of v6.F3 I have sent the unit back to them. He said he has gotten a new shipment of 600i's this week, if the unit has issues when he tests it he may just send me one of the new units. I will update when I have more info.
Was contacted on the 24th by distributor in regards to my issue. He stated that my unit seems to be the same as the unit he has there (funny he didn't state that the problem was not actually present...). He then stated he would test compare to the new units he received. I have not received an update since. I am chasing up now. I assume he has noticed the issue in my unit as well as his and is now trying to confirm with Questyle. Just my personal opinion but it seems that Questyle is more concerned with marketing their product than supporting existing customers at the moment.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #198 of 553
Was contacted on the 24th by distributor in regards to my issue. He stated that my unit seems to be the same as the unit he has there (funny he didn't state that the problem was not actually present...). He then stated he would test compare to the new units he received. I have not received an update since. I am chasing up now. I assume he has noticed the issue in my unit as well as his and is now trying to confirm with Questyle. Just my personal opinion but it seems that Questyle is more concerned with marketing their product than supporting existing customers at the moment.
Update on the situation. The problem existed in mine and the distributors unit, but the newer versions don't have the problem. He is sending me one of the new units they recently received. I am excited to get it back, it is a really nice piece of gear, getting tired of my Asus Zonar U7 USB DAC/AMP and really want to try my HD650's balanced!!!

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #204 of 553
[...] Just my personal opinion but it seems that Questyle is more concerned with marketing their product than supporting existing customers at the moment.
Very sadly I have a similar opinion as well.

I owned the wonderful Q192 and CMA800i DAC/HPAs and I really love the Questyle sound. Had to let go of them as I was moving into a much smaller home. I have now finally settled down and consolidated my stuff and have been thinking of getting a CMA600i to pair with my low impedance/planar headphones. But all these issues and the rather slacked follow up have deterred me from pulling the trigger. It would be really nice if they will pay a little more attention to customer/product support in the near future.

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #205 of 553
Hi have to say my 600i and planars are a good marriage.

(Apart from the usb clicking noise between tracks. And I did send it in for the hardware fix but it made no difference). It Is not an issue playing an album, just when manually changing tracks.

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #206 of 553
I found with my repaired CMA 600i that I still got popping if I used the windows 10 driver. I installed the Questyle driver from their site and it was much better.

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #207 of 553
I found with my repaired CMA 600i that I still got popping if I used the windows 10 driver. I installed the Questyle driver from their site and it was much better.
Windows tend to use generic drivers if the manufacturers drivers are not in their database. And I have also had experiences where the manufacturers drivers supplied by Windows are outdated by one or two versions. If you are getting popping noises, and it's not a problem with the unit I would; 1. make sure your drivers are up to date (Use the drivers directly supplied from the manufacturer. Some times drivers can be faulty so try the previous version if the problem is still there.) 2. Download a latency checker, let it run for a while doing basic tasks on your computer. Hopefully everything is in the green. 3. Check USB power management options are turned off. 4. Turn off enhancements and exclusivity modes in the audio devices settings.

Also can someone enlighten me, don't these units pop when switching from PCM to DSD tracks and vise versa?

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #208 of 553
Also can someone enlighten me, don't these units pop when switching from PCM to DSD tracks and vise versa?

I've tested a few units and the only way I could replicate a pop/click was when doing this. Switching between albums and tracks in the same audio format had no issue.

Sep 12, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #209 of 553
Nope. I have the issue when switching between tracks in the same album.

Using an Aries mini streamer so nothing to do with Windows. Same result using my Mac. No issues with usb into my speaker rig so it is the Questyle. No issues with Spdif into the Questyle , but the usb seems to sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back