Questyle CMA18 Portable DAC with Headphone Amplifier
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #211 of 368
I would like to second @goaud27 on the PEQ desire. I would love it @Questyle if you all could add the option somehow to allow for precise EQ'ing via the CMA18 for those of us that dare to venture into the EQ space :)

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #212 of 368
I would like to second @goaud27 on the PEQ desire. I would love it @Questyle if you all could add the option somehow to allow for precise EQ'ing via the CMA18 for those of us that dare to venture into the EQ space :)
So just to be clear: you want an app with EQ functionality, right? Because it wouldn’t be possible for Questyle to include an EQ in the device itself now it is already released. So my suggestion: Why don’t you just download an EQ App?! There are hundred different EQ Apps already available in the download stores. Some of them are good, others bad. The good ones sometimes cost some money. Just pick your poison and there you have your venture into the EQ space :wink:

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #213 of 368
If for Android use, USB Audio Player Pro can have PEQ via in-app purchase (and is my go-to app for pairing with USB DACs regardless).

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #214 of 368
Other then the form factor the CMA18 is very close in spec to the Fiio Q15, the Q15 is nearly half the price and does have PEQ in its app. Would love to hear a comparison between these when the reviews finally start coming out, and between these and the Mojo 2.

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #216 of 368
So charging issue is taken care of. Sound quality amazing? Good power?

Any reason not to?
For me, it was the absence of desktop mode or at least a straightforward way to change a battery. I already had my experience with Hifiman R2R2000 DAP where battery life went from 8 to 3-4 hours in 1-2 years, so this time I went with FiiO Q15 instead. Similar features for almost half the price and with a EU distributor + desktop mode + 120 step volume wheel, albeit larger and not as cool looking.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #217 of 368
So just to be clear: you want an app with EQ functionality, right? Because it wouldn’t be possible for Questyle to include an EQ in the device itself now it is already released. So my suggestion: Why don’t you just download an EQ App?! There are hundred different EQ Apps already available in the download stores. Some of them are good, others bad. The good ones sometimes cost some money. Just pick your poison and there you have your venture into the EQ space :wink:
Yep some sort of app to set/adjust/save different EQ profiles. I am an iPhone user so my EQ options are limited and I'd like full control to set exact frequencies vs a 5 or 10 band EQ.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #218 of 368
Yep some sort of app to set/adjust/save different EQ profiles. I am an iPhone user so my EQ options are limited and I'd like full control to set exact frequencies vs a 5 or 10 band EQ.
I use Neutron Player (paid) on iPhone. It has a PEQ, as well as an access to the entire AutoEQ database of PEQ profiles.
However it does not scrobble to last.fm, so I mostly try to tip roll instead of EQing.

Feb 21, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #219 of 368
Well I‘m not into EQing that much but I am sure there are EQ Apps for purchase that fulfill your needs. Have you searched the appstore yet? Because I think you won’t get that from Questyle, at least not in the foreseeable future as I am aware of.
Just look at Astell&Kern, they implemented a very primitive basic-eq into their app that could be used together with their HB1 DAC. As far as I know, Questyle won’t go that route just so that they can claim they have an app with EQ function, so their marketing department can delete that from their list. I think they would do it properly. But to be honest, I don’t see the point here where they would invest in an EQ implementation when they could invest their research into optimising their sound even further. But of course I don’t know for sure. Just guessing 😅

Edit: just saw the post of @goaud27. Yeah, buy the neutron app and there you have everything you need. Hopefully. 🤞

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #220 of 368
Has anyone had any issues with RF interference with this new unit? The M15 was brutal for RFI with every phone I tried it on, even though I love the sound but having to turn off data just to listen to it cleanly is a bit much. Anyone know if they improved the shielding here?

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #221 of 368
Has anyone yet tried the line-in into the cma18 (e.g. mojo1/2)?

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #222 of 368
😎

IMG_9941.jpeg

IMG_9942.jpeg

IMG_9940.jpeg

NOMAX

Attachments

• IMG_9938.jpeg
    IMG_9938.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #224 of 368
Hello to everyone
Have cma18 usb 1.0 to play with gaming consoles like playstation 5 ?
Probably not, you'd have to use a po100/po100 pro or a aptx usb transmitter adapter (if you want to use bluetooth).

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #225 of 368
So now briefly to the CMA18 Portable

The workmanship as always at Questyle level 👍
I was surprised by the form factor as well as the handling...very handy the little Q
With the Composer and Nutopia certainly for this few hundred great combos
He is also powerful enough for the Empyrean 2
Tonally, the little one follows the big one...no discolored sound
Bass/low End remain strongly contoured and retain their body.....Highs do not tend towards sibilance or greyness 👍

The Negative for me with the little Q.....for the DCA models in my signature, the power is far from sufficient👎

❗️My personal Conclusion❗️....a nice gadget for the easy-to-drive models for on the go at a small price but at the wrong time because the CMA18 Portable is what the community
have needed a few years ago

NOMAX

PS. However, if you are still looking for something like this, you won't be disappointed with the little one's performance 😎

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back