Questyle CMA Twelve Master Loaner Program
Jul 17, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #61 of 102
Very interesting tour, sadly with a twist worthy of a Blue Bloods episode.
Glad it worked out, Todd and downstream folks, kudos to Questyle for support. :)

Great reviews, especially @Slim1970.
What amplifier can actually drive the Susvara ... 83dB sensitivity and 60 ohms, similar to the HE-6!

Happy Listening!
RCB

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #62 of 102
Would somebody know where the fuse is located at? A friend of mine is praising these audiophile fuses and recommended I swap the fuse on my Questyle 12CMA with these audiophile fuses.
But since he owns a different brand of hp amp he couldn't tell me where the fuse is located at.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #63 of 102
I am not at home, so I can't tell for sure, but it looks like it's integrated into the AC power connector at the back of the device. Usually you can open and replace it. If you don't have an answer later, I can check at home.

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #64 of 102
I am not at home, so I can't tell for sure, but it looks like it's integrated into the AC power connector at the back of the device. Usually you can open and replace it. If you don't have an answer later, I can check at home.
Thanks for your reply. I will also take a look at it myself later.
Does anybody have experience with these audiophile fuses? My friend couldn't praise these fuses high enough. He called it a major upgrade in sound quality. But they are kind of expensive, for a tiny fuse
Synergistic Research BLUE fuse 13a they charge €168.

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #65 of 102
Does anybody have experience with these audiophile fuses? My friend couldn't praise these fuses high enough. He called it a major upgrade in sound quality. But they are kind of expensive, for a tiny fuse
Synergistic Research BLUE fuse 13a they charge €168.
Yes I have 6 of the Blue Fuses.
There is a difference ( not small IMO ).
You get a cleaner sound with more detail but if your system is very detailed and bright it could send it too much in that direction...
Hope that helps anyway there is a money back try before you but in most dealers.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #66 of 102
Hi All,

I have not played a lot with the high end fuses but I did use them in my Silver Circle Audio Tchaik 6 and they made a positive difference. Things got a little more open and though it seems a lot to pay for a fuse, it was a relatively inexpensive upgrade and improvement in my system compared to some things I have tried.

I am sure it will make a difference in the CMA Twelve Master but how big a difference I have no idea. I am interested to know the results of this upgrade to the unit.

Todd

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #67 of 102

Checked my device and like I already assumed, the fuse is integrated at the bottom of the AC power connector. There is a small flap you can open.

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #69 of 102
Since ANY fuse will degrade the sound, I decided to just REMOVE the fuse from my amp altogether! The space between notes was amazing! Seemed to go on forever! Definitely the BLACKEST background I've ever experienced!!

Jul 21, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #72 of 102
Is this sarcasm?
Of course. I thought humor would be the best way for me to weigh in with my opinion of putting any effort into improving the sound of a component by changing the fuse out. But hey, it's every individual's own time and money to spend as they choose.

On another note, I own a Questyle CAS192D DAC and a CMA800i DAC/amp. Both are absolutely superb sonically and the build quality is first rate. I've also dealt with TTVJ in the past and can vouch for his integrity and customer service. Carry on, mates...

Jul 21, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #73 of 102
On another note, I own a Questyle CAS192D DAC and a CMA800i DAC/amp. Both are absolutely superb sonically and the build quality is first rate. I've also dealt with TTVJ in the past and can vouch for his integrity and customer service. Carry on, mates...
Any comparisons on the 192D :)? Seen not that many opinions on it so far.

Jul 21, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #74 of 102
Any comparisons on the 192D :)? Seen not that many opinions on it so far.
The 192D (I own the gold edition, BTW) is the best DAC I've heard in my system to date. I also use it for speaker (Vandersteen Treo) listening. Supremely accurate AND musical. I find Questyle components really let one hear deeply into the music, as a rule. Just a complete lack of any noise or grunge.

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #75 of 102
Where are we on the cue to demo this amp? Really curious to hear it in my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back