Question about amps for the Stax SR-009
Feb 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #286 of 883
Quote:
I had the chance to compare the SR-009 with SRM-323S, SRM-006tS and SRM-007tII.
I'm almost scared to admit i really preferred the 323S to the others...
End of the story was I got the 323S for my 009's :)
I had the chance yesterday to compare all 3 (SR-007mkII) and I completely agree :)

Har Tor lurat dig med? norske fan... 

Hehe... :)

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #288 of 883
Startade hifi resan som 17 åring, Idag är jag 19 och lagt 80.000 SEK på hörlurar.. It never ends... 

du har inga guldöron, silverpläterad koppar ger bi-effekter som inte är trevliga!

Har hört typ allt. Hela vägen till Sennheiser orpheus i lugn hemma miljö, 2 personer. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #289 of 883
Quote:
Startade hifi resan som 17 åring, Idag är jag 19 och lagt 80.000 SEK på hörlurar.. It never ends... 

du har inga guldöron, silverpläterad koppar ger bi-effekter som inte är trevliga!

Har hört typ allt. Hela vägen till Sennheiser orpheus i lugn hemma miljö, 2 personer. 

Sorry, but this is an english speaking forum.

I don't want to sound like an old grouch but could you keep that kind of conversation for pm's?

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #290 of 883
^
It suits your stated location:
Quote:

By the way, it's just a Swede "talking" to a Norwegian which apparently has Swedish genes. They're "talking" about the Norwegian STAX importer that serves Norway and Sweden and his pusher talents. Probably not of much interest outside Scandinavia anyway.

There you got it, sort of and in a nutshell.

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #291 of 883
^

By the way, it's just a Swede "talking" to a Norwegian which apparently has Swedish genes. They're "talking" about the Norwegian STAX importer that serves Norway and Sweden and his pusher talents. Probably not of much interest outside Scandinavia anyway.

Här har vi en färsking..

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #292 of 883
Quote:
^

I'm sorry if I've sounded like a dick, I had a bad day and just posted what I had in mind...

But come on, what's the point? what's the point of writing on a public board in a language that 1% of the forum understands? I could just chime in and talk to Arnaud in french so I'm sure that no one understands what we're saying. If these guys want to talk about the local stax distributor then so be it. They don't have to hide themselves.

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #293 of 883
I have no problem understanding where you are coming from, and I try my best to stick to the "official" language. Sorry if I slipped :)
But you're right, this is starting to get a bit far off topic...

What are my other options for amping the SR-009 apart from 727/323/LL when I prefer SS to tubes?

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #294 of 883
Quote:
I have no problem understanding where you are coming from, and I try my best to stick to the "official" language. Sorry if I slipped :)

What are my other options for amping the SR-009 apart from 727/323/LL when I prefer SS to tubes?

Don't worry, it's no big deal
beerchug.gif

Sorry if I've been aggressive, English is not my first language and it seems like my original post was way harsher than I intended.

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #295 of 883
Quote:

A second-hand 717. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #297 of 883
I'm English and only write in English, and half the time I still don't understand what I'm writing. I do know some words in Dutch and German though, but don't ask me to spell any of them. 
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #299 of 883
Quote:
Quote:
^

I'm sorry if I've sounded like a dick, I had a bad day and just posted what I had in mind...

But come on, what's the point? what's the point of writing on a public board in a language that 1% of the forum understands? I could just chime in and talk to Arnaud in french so I'm sure that no one understands what we're saying. If these guys want to talk about the local stax distributor then so be it. They don't have to hide themselves.

Misunderstand me correctly. I do agree with you and never understood why t-h-e-p-i-m-p began writing in Swedish. On the other hand you didn't miss much useful information.

My answer was probably triggered by you comming across a bit cross, and that the Swedish content wasn't really interesting to anyone outside Scandinavia anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[...]
So it's not OK for me for me to just rant on in Icelandic?  Helvítans!!! 
tongue.gif

I've had a bit of gammelnorsk (Old Norwegian) at school, but don't understand much of Icelandic and Faroese anyway. When I watch an Icelandic TV series or film, I understand a word here and there, but never enough to get the meaning.

Example excerpts of Old Norwegian:
"Et utvalg gammelnorske tekster fra 1200- og 1300-tallet i faksimiler og i diplomatarisk avskrift" by Odd Einar Haugen, University of Bergen.

Quote:
I'm English and only write in English, and half the time I still don't understand what I'm writing. I do know some words in Dutch and German though, but don't ask me to spell any of them. 
confused_face_2.gif

German spelling is actually much more straight forward than English, especially to Scandinavians. Ditto for pronunciation. The grammar incl. the placing of words within sentences is an other matter. I've gotten the impression that Italian, Spanish and Portuguese are reasonable as well.

A classic example of (horrible) English spelling:

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #300 of 883
Quote:
I've had a bit of gammelnorsk (Old Norwegian) at school, but don't understand much of Icelandic and Faroese anyway. When I watch an Icelandic TV series or film, I understand a word here and there, but never enough to get the meaning.

Example excerpts of Old Norwegian:
"Et utvalg gammelnorske tekster fra 1200- og 1300-tallet i faksimiler og i diplomatarisk avskrift" by Odd Einar Haugen, University of Bergen.

The spelling is a bit off for modern Icelandic but I can easily read that.  That is indeed what they do with the old saga's, the spelling is just modernized but the rest is left unchanged.  Some words have been altered in the last 800-900 years but it's still remarkably close. 

Now I need to find some nice Icelandic name for this Stax amp I just finished designing/building... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back