Qualia on Ebay 910$ and 40 mins left (not mine)
Mar 29, 2006 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Jorg

100+ Head-Fier
Good luck to Head-Fiers
wink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-QUALIA-010-...QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT: Forgot to say that it's medium sized

Mar 29, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 53
Looks like they went for $1725. Anybody here? Anyway, do those look right to you? That's not how I recall them looking from the Audio Cubes site photo.

Mar 29, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #4 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Minimum
Looks like they went for $1725. Anybody here? Anyway, do those look right to you? That's not how I recall them looking from the Audio Cubes site photo.

It wasn't me, but its for sure them.

-Alex-

Mar 29, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 53
Okay, thanks. Somehow I just thought the pads were a different shape and thickness. Maybe that varies by the specified fit or it's just the pictures. Or more likely my memory. What was I talking about?

Mar 29, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #6 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Minimum
Okay, thanks. Somehow I just thought the pads were a different shape and thickness. Maybe that varies by the specified fit or it's just the pictures. Or more likely my memory. What was I talking about?

That seems to vary depending on how the original buyer wanted them fit.

Mar 29, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 53
Went for $1725. PT Barnum was right...

Mar 29, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #10 of 53
Wasn't MSRP on those something like $3600? Or am I confusing them with the R10s??

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #12 of 53
I had emailed the seller a few days ago asking about the headband size. He took two days to reply, finally stating that I should refer to the pdf he posted in the ad, and if it was not in there, then he did not know.

This caused me a bit of concern. I figured someone selling a high-ticket item like that should know the product a bit more, or at least the specific item itself.

Judging by the q/a section at the bottom of the ad, others had the same question, so he finally figured out an answer.

US$1700+ is fair for a new item. But I need a size Small, anyway, so no loss
tongue.gif
. So, who got it??

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #13 of 53
I was expecting these to get a price of at least $1600, so it's cool to see I can still gauge the market.
biggrin.gif

Still, personally, I think Qualia are undervalued overall. They're my favorite headphone and musically are worth well over their MSRP to me. But then again, sounding like crap to most people the first time they hear them (including myself!) will do that to your price. That coupled with the fact one for sale needs to be the right size for the buyer makes them a real nightmare for resale value.

Looks like a great deal. $1725 for a new 010. If they match the sonic preferences of the buyer, he's gonna be thrilled. If not, should be an okay resale for probably the same cost or a small loss.

Best,

-Jason

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #15 of 53
I am the winner of the auction
icon10.gif
; I hope the item is indeed brand new and the medium size will fit me; $1750 is a great deal for the qualia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back