QUAD ERA-1 Thread
Oct 12, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #91 of 2,247
Oct 13, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #94 of 2,247
Looking for a comparison to the Mr speakers AFC. How are these in terms of sound isolation? The AFC isolate like a boss.

Adding on to what fastandclean stated, these are open, they isolate like an intern.

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #97 of 2,247
The Quads apparently have the same size connectors as the Focal's. I wonder if that means you could use the Focal cables on them?

Surprised they've only sold twenty pair on Massdrop so far.

25 now :)

I guess Massdrop has to make hay when they can, but I was close to pulling the trigger on the Elex drop before I saw the Quads (which I didn't expect so soon after release and positive hype from RMAF). I'm excited to hear how the Quads compare to the Massdrop HE4xx's, which I'm really enjoying.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #98 of 2,247
25 now :)

I guess Massdrop has to make hay when they can, but I was close to pulling the trigger on the Elex drop before I saw the Quads (which I didn't expect so soon after release and positive hype from RMAF). I'm excited to hear how the Quads compare to the Massdrop HE4xx's, which I'm really enjoying.

Yeah, my HE4xx's have been a real eye-opener for me (or should I say 'ear opener'?). I'm becoming disenchanted with $1500+ cans. Seems there's always some little flaw that pops out at you because everything else is so good. I haven't popped for the Quads yet but it's only a matter of time.

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #101 of 2,247
Well this drop has blown up. The Quad importer has stated specifically that the products in this drop don't come from them or the manufacturer.

So Massdrop is now a gray marketing scheme? What a mess. I've cancelled my order, but of course may never hear back from Massdrop (they're not known for good customer service) so I had my credit card company cancel the transaction. It's been a real PITA.

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #104 of 2,247
I remember that also happened with a Grado drop. Sometimes Massdrop finds a Dealer overseas willing to sell them for less.

So the business model is stated as 'we work with manufacturers to deliver great prices on products people want' and the truth is 'we'll scam our way to your credit card any way we can'? Nice.

I think that's very much grey market, not sure if I consider that a scam though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back