1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

QUAD ERA-1 Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by FastAndClean, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. Hi-Fi-Apricity
    Yea I'm not in the mood to buy grey market goods without a warranty on a product that is not tried and tested. I sent a message to Massdrop to cancel my order but as @Jodet mentioned I may have to deal directly with my bank. I really hope they are civil so I don't have to call my bank, crossing my fingers. Ill probably buy them from somewhere else in the end huahua.

2. Hi-Fi-Apricity
    Quadcontact.png After contacting Quad it seems they will stand behind their product.

trellus and elira like this.
  3. Jodet
    Someone at the importer told me that Quad had sent a 'cease and desist' letter to Massdrop. Now Quad says they stand behind their product? What is going on here? Someone is either misinformed or flat out lying.

4. davide256
    Sounds more like a reseller violated their agreement with Quad... Quad is the product, not the sales channel. Always possible that if the Massdrop seller was a legitimate contracted reseller that you may get product payed for before Massdrop sales were stoppered. Has Quad
    confirmed that the Massdrop source was an authorized reseller?

5. Jodet
    I just got a nice email from Massdrop saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) 'We're sorry for the misinformation you received on this drop and we will try to do better in the future'.

I don't think we will ever know what happened here. Will be very curious to see if there is ever another Quad drop. I kind of doubt it but we'll see.

6. Hi-Fi-Apricity
    I'm thinking that it was non authorized but Quad for the sake of image and being a good company decided to support it rather than fight it maybe? No clue

kid vic likes this.
  7. Jodet
    That's a good guess, the same thought ran through my mind. I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

8. kid vic
    Makes sense because I dont think the era 1 is selling well.
    The might just be taking the distributors mess up and hoping the reviews drive sales.

9. Hi-Fi-Apricity
    Yea the ERA 1 from what I heard at RMAF was pretty solid but I did not get enough time. Something tells me it deserves much more attention than it has been getting

10. Beagle
    It does..

11. Topmounter
    The lack of transparency is concerning. I don't have a problem buying a JDM watch from Massdrop where Massdrop provides the warranty. What I do have a problem with is not disclosing that they aren't a Quad authorized dealer and no warranty whatsoever is provided by either Massdrop or Quad. Quad can deal with their distribution channel issues.

12. Hifiearspeakers
    Have you posted impressions of the Quad? I’d love to hear what you think about them, especially compared to your hd820 and Diana.

Beagle likes this.
  13. kid vic
    Hi-fi-Apricity emailed Quad and they verified they will stand behind there products. Technically you shouldn't worry.

14. Beagle
    Will do asap. Hard to get motivated these days. Sound is not words so much anymore and it's difficult sometimes to put it together..

nick n, god-bluff and Hifiearspeakers like this.
  15. Hifiearspeakers
    I’ll take anything you have to offer since I haven’t heard any of those 3 headphones in your inventory.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last