QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #2,611 of 2,722
I guess that's the version with the same polarity as the 2-pin CIEMs. The QDC connectors with the raised bridge have opposite polarities compared to 2-pin CIEMs.

I usually verify the polarities using a multimeter and just check them with the included cables.

Feb 6, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #2,612 of 2,722
I guess that's the version with the same polarity as the 2-pin CIEMs. The QDC connectors with the raised bridge have opposite polarities compared to 2-pin CIEMs.

I usually verify the polarities using a multimeter and just check them with the included cables.

That, too, should ease minds about qdc being used with other cables. I will say, though, reverse absolute polarity makes no difference in sound whereas reverse relative polarity between the left and right channels will. ✌️

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #2,613 of 2,722
Here’s a picture of the new VX with the flush pin connectors. By the way, I’ve said this before, but the build quality on qdc is superb!

779A50C4-5143-4E64-8E2B-96E47146F218.jpeg

Feb 13, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #2,614 of 2,722
Hey guys, I just got my new Anole VX and I’m very happy to have it back. One thing different from my previous VX is there’s not the raised bridge where the 2-pin cable connects, the connector is flush with the shell which will ease some user’s mind about switching cables. I reached out to Andrew @MusicTeck about the change and he told me qdc now offers the two different connectors, and he orders only the non-bridge design on QDC models for easier cable swapping. 😁
My wallet is in danger *chuckles*

Feb 21, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #2,615 of 2,722
Hello everyone,

I want to get some recommendations on ear tips for V14. What ear tips work best for your qdc iems? I have tried Dunu candy, S&S, spinfit, azla xelastec, and softear UC, but none of them work well. Thus I stick to the stock tips now. However, I think there might be something great to try.

Feb 21, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #2,616 of 2,722
Hello everyone,

I want to get some recommendations on ear tips for V14. What ear tips work best for your qdc iems? I have tried Dunu candy, S&S, spinfit, azla xelastec, and softear UC, but none of them work well. Thus I stick to the stock tips now. However, I think there might be something great to try.
Final tips work great for my Tiger! :)

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #2,617 of 2,722
Final tips work great for my Tiger! :)
Thank you for your sharing.
There are two issues I encountered.
Some ear tips mute the sound, and my ear canals are stuffed.
On the other hand, some ear tips can't offer great sealing.
I don't know if I wear the IEMs wrong. Am I supposed to rotate the earbuds into my ear like CIEM?
I do it this way because the shape of the V14 is like pseudo-CIEM.

Feb 28, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #2,619 of 2,722
Hi everyone, still using the QDC Neptune here lol.

My cable recently got busted and I'm looking to replace it with a light but durable one. I'm aware of the reverse polarity issue - did anyone have any luck finding a nice and affordable aftermarket cable that works with these? Thanks so much!

Mar 1, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #2,620 of 2,722
Thank you for your sharing.
There are two issues I encountered.
Some ear tips mute the sound, and my ear canals are stuffed.
On the other hand, some ear tips can't offer great sealing.
I don't know if I wear the IEMs wrong. Am I supposed to rotate the earbuds into my ear like CIEM?
I do it this way because the shape of the V14 is like pseudo-CIEM.
Hey, I have the V14 and had the same problem. The solution I found is to poke small holes into the stem of the tips so air pressure has a way to equalize. It's kind of a miss by QDC to not have vent holes in the V14 IMO.

Btw, I'm using the azla sednaearfit light long stem, I prefer those to the xelastec and crystal.

Mar 1, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #2,621 of 2,722

My cable recently got busted and I'm looking to replace it with a light but durable one. I'm aware of the reverse polarity issue - did anyone have any luck finding a nice and affordable aftermarket cable that works with these? Thanks so much!
Tripowin cables sound fine to me. Their C8 is ok if a bit thick.

Mar 1, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #2,622 of 2,722

There are dozens of affordable cables on Aliexpress with that you can choose WDC connectors! :)

Mar 1, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #2,623 of 2,722
Hey, I have the V14 and had the same problem. The solution I found is to poke small holes into the stem of the tips so air pressure has a way to equalize. It's kind of a miss by QDC to not have vent holes in the V14 IMO.

Btw, I'm using the azla sednaearfit light long stem, I prefer those to the xelastec and crystal.
Thank you for your reply. But QDC says there are four vent holes on both sides. Might be something blocking the holes of my V14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back