QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #1,306 of 2,715
The adapter switch the polarity for you.
Yeah I know, I had a cable where I requested the polarity be switched for the VX. Thats going to be redone for an over ear headphone.

With the adapter, I can use the one where the polarity isnt switched because the adapter does it is what I meant.

I was more curious about how long it took to receive the adapter after ordering it.

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #1,310 of 2,715
How do people feel about 111 (all switches on)? I'm in two minds. It feels "fun" and "lively" but more unrefined. Unsure at the moment if I like it.
That's a hard nope from me. Its literally a Slanneshi "This silence offends me" option and I am NOT a noise marine.

Nov 5, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #1,313 of 2,715
Idk my friend..I bought the VX based off of recommendations and impressions and I have zero regrets. There is no way to try it in the United States. It's a safe blind buy, even though it costs so much.
You can get demos from musicteck

Nov 5, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #1,314 of 2,715
@KuroKitsu , didn’t realize you bought a VX. What do you think of it?
Easily one of the best BA bass I've heard in an IEM, it takes the top for me: VX > u12t > Phantom > K10. Excellent subbass extension, none of that boosted midbass nonsense.

The 2 BAs dedicated for mids worried me at first. Whether the mids would be pushed behind the bass and treble was a big what if for me. I simply cannot stand mids being placed back or recessed. I was very pleased with the result. They don't come across as clear as the mids do on the A6t, but they're no slouch and don't play second fiddle to the other ranges.

Treble would also be interesting for me. I have a very narrow range between what I consider good treble and sibilant. Below that it's just sounds veiled. The Zeus was something that landed in this range, albeit towards the sibilant side, while Phantom lay south of veiled. I've had it for about a month, and I have yet to push it from good to sibilant.

Now that's just the individual ranges. As a cohesive whole, everything plays well together and you don't have a specific range drowning out the rest even if it gets intensive in certain parts. Its definitely a rare all rounder TOTL, theres nothing I dislike about it.

Okay I lied, there is one thing: the switches. The stock tuning is done perfectly to me, even with a single switch on it throws the entire signature off. I do wish a cheaper option without the switches existed.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #1,315 of 2,715
Nov 5, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #1,316 of 2,715
Nov 5, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #1,317 of 2,715
I received my Anole VX today. You know the phrase "jack of all trades; master of none". I would call this "master of all trades; jack of none". That is, it does everything to a TOTL level.

It is not the single best IEM I have heard in one specific category. Others are. But with those, I can always pick out one, or more, weaknesses. Everything feels like a trade-off. I don't want to feel like I'm sacrificing something to get something else. It shouldn't be like that.

These IEMs just do everything amazingly well. And that should be a virtue in itself: call it flexibility, versatility, lack of weakness, whatever you want.

These are my favourite IEMs because I don't need trade-offs. Yes, maybe DD bass packs more visceral punch and has more natural decay, but this is better BA bass than I have heard coming from even the 64 U12t. Everything is done so, so well.

I can pick these up and not have to think "Hmm, what music am I listening to today? Which IEM would be the most appropriate?"

Anyone else have the same experience?
I remember your post from last mon Th, how did you end up getting the Anole VX in the Uk?

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #1,318 of 2,715
I remember your post from last mon Th, how did you end up getting the Anole VX in the Uk?

I purchased it from a vendor called Vance at myheadfi.com. It's either Hong Kong or China, but the order took literally a week to reach me. It was preowned but in perfect visual condition, with full box, bought originally in August 2019, new. My understanding is that it was not used much. It cost me £1400 inc. postage and packaging. The best thing is that he ships it in a tax free and duty free method, so no VAT or import duty at customs. I didn't even know one could do this before, but it's actually true. So £1400 was full the cost with no BS stealth charges. Highly recommend myheadfi. You can see record him on head-fi previously.

Nov 5, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #1,319 of 2,715
I purchased it from a vendor called Vance at myheadfi.com. It's either Hong Kong or China, but the order took literally a week to reach me. It was preowned but in perfect visual condition, with full box, bought originally in August 2019, new. My understanding is that it was not used much. It cost me £1400 inc. postage and packaging. The best thing is that he ships it in a tax free and duty free method, so no VAT or import duty at customs. I didn't even know one could do this before, but it's actually true. So £1400 was full the cost with no BS stealth charges. Highly recommend myheadfi. You can see record him on head-fi previously.

very nice, will definitely go this route if I decide against the CIEM version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back