QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #1,291 of 2,715
I love them too. Never thought I'd enjoy the treble switch but ever since someone here posted the 011 setting, I use it all the time (and then other times its 101) :)

I've been really enjoying 110 lately...will have to give 011 a try :)

Nov 3, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #1,294 of 2,715
Couple questions-

1. Any comparison to the Campfire Atlas / Solaris bass? I'm choosing between the 2 - Anole Vx and Z1R. I had the Solaris but the bass impact didnt do it for me. I have the Atlas and it bests the Solaris imo. I keep hearing the Anoles bass are relatively good. Bass impact between the Solaris and Atlas would be perfect for me. The atlas was a bit overwhelming at times.
2. Any discounts for 11.11? Looks like QDC has a new flagship coming out and I anticipate it being more than the Anole so I doubt I will purchase them.

Thanks.

Nov 3, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #1,295 of 2,715
A couple people here have a really strong opinion about having no switches and presses it onto others. Some of the reasons are:

as for most things electrical and mechanical, more complexities add more breaking points. The VX has 6 total switches that can break and get water damage, etc. Who knows when you've switched a switch for the last time

Hardware EQ is kinda useless when we have software EQ.

The frequencies boosts from each switch just isn't to their liking. The bass switch makes thing bloated. The mid switch doesnt do much. The treble switch makes things sibilant.

Lastly, the VX default sound is just what they wanted. Since they won't use the switches anyway, knowing it's even there reminds that there was an added 300 or 400 bucks that's not being used, and that a switchless VX might've been under $2K retail
I do not think the price would have necessarily been lower without the switches. I consider it one of the top IEM’s made, and it is less expensive than many other TOTL IEM’s already.

Nov 3, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #1,296 of 2,715
Couple questions-

1. Any comparison to the Campfire Atlas / Solaris bass? I'm choosing between the 2 - Anole Vx and Z1R. I had the Solaris but the bass impact didnt do it for me. I have the Atlas and it bests the Solaris imo. I keep hearing the Anoles bass are relatively good. Bass impact between the Solaris and Atlas would be perfect for me. The atlas was a bit overwhelming at times.
2. Any discounts for 11.11? Looks like QDC has a new flagship coming out and I anticipate it being more than the Anole so I doubt I will purchase them.

Thanks.
It has been a very long time since I heard both. I chose the VX and went with the custom. I felt the bass on the VX was tighter and more accurate. Not overweight. Present when in the music. And the custom version had the extra punch I was looking for. Obviously the Solaris did not fit as well as my VX is a custom, but I did think the universal VX fit a bit better in my ear than the Solaris. That will depend on your own ears though. Tks.

Nov 3, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #1,297 of 2,715
I do not think the price would have necessarily been lower without the switches. I consider it one of the top IEM’s made, and it is less expensive than many other TOTL IEM’s already.

except JP does sell a less expensive version of VX w/o switch, tho its still more expensive than VX prices elsewhere

Nov 4, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #1,299 of 2,715
@OverlordRush
Thanks for the Taobao link. Just grabbed a pair of the adapters myself so I can use my normal Cardas Copper with it. Gonna rewire the polarity reverse one for used with Focal Elegia.

Curious how long it took for them to arrive? I'm getting mine shipped to Canada so it might be a while longer.

Nov 4, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #1,300 of 2,715
I agree. VX is my favourite so far, best thing ive heard. want to go custom once i can afford it next year.

I'm curious about the upcoming flagship hybrid

Nov 4, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #1,302 of 2,715
Oh how could I forget.. if that can add more thump and air then I'll just go for that! I tried looking for that in the valkyrie just cus of its setup but I found it too sharp (or maybe I just got to get used to EST)

Yeah I'm pretty sure the VX is the best universal "all rounder" there is right now...though I'm curious about the upcoming QDC hybrid as well as the SE Solaris.

Nov 4, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #1,303 of 2,715
@OverlordRush
Thanks for the Taobao link. Just grabbed a pair of the adapters myself so I can use my normal Cardas Copper with it. Gonna rewire the polarity reverse one for used with Focal Elegia.

Curious how long it took for them to arrive? I'm getting mine shipped to Canada so it might be a while longer.

The adapter switch the polarity for you.

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #1,304 of 2,715
Got a qdc 2pin to ciem 2pin adapter off taobao, and it works nicely. I dont really have any regular 2pin cables (yet), but this also allows me to try some more cables w/o worry about damaging the connector. They do look a bit silly, and probably works better on cables w/o earhooks.

oh the adapter also flip the polarity for you... so thats kinda nice

Is this purely so you can use cable that's shaped / heat shrinked for regular use? I've got a new 2 pin super bax arriving this week. I asked them about makimg a reverse polarity cable and they said just flip the pin around. Not sure on the current 2 pin but my old se mmcx super bax has no shaping to the cable.

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #1,305 of 2,715
Is this purely so you can use cable that's shaped / heat shrinked for regular use? I've got a new 2 pin super bax arriving this week. I asked them about makimg a reverse polarity cable and they said just flip the pin around. Not sure on the current 2 pin but my old se mmcx super bax has no shaping to the cable.

Well yes, if your cable dont have a preshaped earhook you can just flip the 2pin around, but some 2pin cable dont fit in the qdc connector

Users who are viewing this thread

Back