QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 15, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #1,036 of 2,715
I think 230 USD is quite fair! I also have the TSMR 3 on my site if you need a comparison.
How would you compare the two?

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #1,037 of 2,715
Hello fellow VX peeps, I will be going to Japan soon, I plan to hit up e-e and try out some new cables and 4.4mm daps. I will try to post some short impressions here. Feel free to request any impressions, no promises tho....

Current to try list
cables:
Luminox
Beats audio
Wagnus

daps:
N8
N6ii
LPGT
WM1Z
If you are going to E-E in Akihabara, Tokyo, you will notice they have expanded onto another floor in the same bldg.
As for cable, when I tried Vermillion from Beats last time, it did not work due to the connector issue. Luminox was
one of few that fits. Try some new products from them, Shadow may be.
As for DAP, why not DX220 and LP6. I heard they are one of very few shops that have LP6 available for customer demo.
Have a nice trip:shinto_shrine:

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #1,039 of 2,715
If you are going to E-E in Akihabara, Tokyo, you will notice they have expanded onto another floor in the same bldg.
As for cable, when I tried Vermillion from Beats last time, it did not work due to the connector issue. Luminox was
one of few that fits. Try some new products from them, Shadow may be.
As for DAP, why not DX220 and LP6. I heard they are one of very few shops that have LP6 available for customer demo.
Have a nice trip:shinto_shrine:

Yeah I notice they moved to 7th and 8th floor at the same building, I will try dx220 out if they have the AMP8

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #1,040 of 2,715
Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #1,041 of 2,715
Any thoughts about the V3?

I know some people here think the V3 is overpriced. I used to think that way too. But I have got a re-shelled (from custom to universal) JH13 recently and was able to compare the V3 and JH13. What I can say is V3 can stand up to JH13 which are twice expensive than V3. So I think it's not fair to trash V3 just because they are the mid-tier of the qdc lineup. If we compare V3 to other more expensive upper tier IEMs I believe the V3 can hold its place nicely. Of course sound preference is very subjective. I don't expect everyone would like V3 (obviously). But I do like V3. If you can get them at a big discount (230USD) that would be a steal. I would also suggest tip rolling. You may find some after market tips that would provide better fit and enhance the sound quality.

I am also very interested in how V3 compare to Fearless S8F.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #1,042 of 2,715
I know some people here think the V3 is overpriced. I used to think that way too. But I have got a re-shelled (from custom to universal) JH13 recently and was able to compare the V3 and JH13. What I can say is V3 can stand up to JH13 which are twice expensive than V3. So I think it's not fair to trash V3 just because they are the mid-tier of the qdc lineup. If we compare V3 to other more expensive upper tier IEMs I believe the V3 can hold its place nicely. Of course sound preference is very subjective. I don't expect everyone would like V3 (obviously). But I do like V3. If you can get them at a big discount (230USD) that would be a steal. I would also suggest tip rolling. You may find some after market tips that would provide better fit and enhance the sound quality.

I am also very interested in how V3 compare to Fearless S8F.

Maybe I'll get some flak but I (and with a lot of people I know) don't consider the JH13 technicalities wise anywhere near "very good", so to say the V3 hangs with the JH13, while true, isn't really saying much. I would agree that the V3 is really nice though, and 230USD is a really good price for them, especially as an all-round package (fit, build, comfort, sound, accessories).

How would you compare the two?

V3 is for sure a step above the TSMR 3, not to mention they're the whole package. The TSMR3 is a bit more exciting/forward/aggressive than the QDC V3, though I found that to be a negative for my personal tastes, YMMW. 230 USD is a good deal.

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #1,048 of 2,715
Reading through all the postings in this threads lately I was amazed by how much attention was given to the TOTL models. From the 8 series to Gemini, then the VX. Whenever there is a posting or a question regarding the mid or the entry level models. It was either no response, or it got shoveled away quickly. People got impatient when someone wants to discuss anything but the premium products.

This reminds me of an interesting question posted on another forum (not head-fi) a couple of years ago: "What's the difference between an audiophile and an audio enthusiast?" There were many great answers posted by the forum members. However, this one below is the most intriguing and the most interesting answer.
"The audiophiles use music to listen to their equipment.
The audio enthusiasts use equipment to listen to the music."

Although I built my first DIY audio system back in 1977 (the amplifier was built from the components level), I have never wanted to be called an audiophile. I am just an enthusiast. I found that head-fi is a great place for the audiophiles. It's not just in this thread, but in many other threads as well (the Fearless thread is another example). The enthusiasts are the minority in this society. It has been an interesting journey and I have gained a lot of knowledge regarding the qdc products thanks to many contributors. But I think it's time for me to get off this hype train.
Unsubscribed.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #1,049 of 2,715
Reading through all the postings in this threads lately I was amazed by how much attention was given to the TOTL models. From the 8 series to Gemini, then the VX. Whenever there is a posting or a question regarding the mid or the entry level models. It was either no response, or it got shoveled away quickly. People got impatient when someone wants to discuss anything but the premium products.

This reminds me of an interesting question posted on another forum (not head-fi) a couple of years ago: "What's the difference between an audiophile and an audio enthusiast?" There were many great answers posted by the forum members. However, this one below is the most intriguing and the most interesting answer.

Although I built my first DIY audio system back in 1977 (the amplifier was built from the components level), I have never wanted to be called an audiophile. I am just an enthusiast. I found that head-fi is a great place for the audiophiles. It's not just in this thread, but in many other threads as well (the Fearless thread is another example). The enthusiasts are the minority in this society. It has been an interesting journey and I have gained a lot of knowledge regarding the qdc products thanks to many contributors. But I think it's time for me to get off this hype train.
Unsubscribed.
I agree. It is like some sort of elitism that those who owns TotL products are more credible. Its inevitable for such differences...sad but true, even though we have legit good products at lower price brackets

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #1,050 of 2,715

This is absolutely true. I even made a similar point in a review once. Prior to getting into high quality gear earphones/players were just a means to listen to music. Now I listen to music to enjoy my gear. I even got back in to some music I don't even like that much anymore because it sounds so good on my gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back