QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #573 of 2,722
Layla is definitely over priced, just like many other TOTLs. At the time it was launched, the price was simply ridiculous, as back then, the next expensive IEM was only $1750. They definitely need to update it soon without increasing the price much. A lot of TOTLs have either surpassed or matched its sound quality. You can find pre-owned universals for a good deal these days. But the fit of the uni can be a hit or a miss. So I wouldn’t recommend buying one now.
Layla is definitely over priced, just like many other TOTLs. At the time it was launched, the price was simply ridiculous, as back then, the next expensive IEM was only $1750. They definitely need to update it soon without increasing the price much. A lot of TOTLs have either surpassed or matched its sound quality. You can find pre-owned universals for a good deal these days. But the fit of the uni can be a hit or a miss. So I wouldn’t recommend buying one now.

Keep an eye out :D

Apr 22, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #574 of 2,722
Apr 22, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #576 of 2,722
Yea, you are kinda spot-on. I am not expecting i4 kind of sound quality. Just something that sounds tonally correct without EQ, but being a touch laidback. VX checks all boxes except the laidback aspect.
Have you heard the Angie? Sorry if I've already asked. They were a bit too laid back for. They had a decent soundstage though.

Apr 28, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #577 of 2,722
So I visited Headphone Festival in Nakano, Tokyo today I stopped by QDC booth and had a lttle chat.

No new product was displayed but a QDC rep from Shenzhen indicated a new product coming.
According to him, hybrid IEM with 1 Dynamic driver + 4 BAs , pretty interesting, isn't it?
It may be officially announced next month. Boy I can't wait,

Apr 28, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #578 of 2,722
Have you heard the Angie? Sorry if I've already asked. They were a bit too laid back for. They had a decent soundstage though.

I’m sorry, I somehow I missed this post. I’ve tried the Angie only very briefly. It is indeed laidback. But the stage is not that big and the transparency and resolution are not in the same ball park as the TOTLs.

Apr 28, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #579 of 2,722
I am in Taiwan this week. I visited MY IEM store to re-shell a custom JH13. While waiting for the paperwork, I demo'ed qdc 8SH (hifi) and 8SS (stage). I had my Anole V3S and AAW W500 with me so I did some comparisons.

Both 8SS and 8SH sounded very good. The clarity, soundstage, transparency, and imaging are all superior than Anole V3S. They also out performed W500. I know I made a mistake by trying the higher end qdc's. Because now I am thinking about upgrade. If anyone is interested in selling the 8SS/8SH please let me know.

Apr 28, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #580 of 2,722
So I visited Headphone Festival in Nakano, Tokyo today I stopped by QDC booth and had a lttle chat.

No new product was displayed but a QDC rep from Shenzhen indicated a new product coming.
According to him, hybrid IEM with 1 Dynamic driver + 4 BAs , pretty interesting, isn't it?
It may be officially announced next month. Boy I can't wait,

So its going to be a mid tier hybrid? If qdc is putting DD in their IEMs I rather wait for the flagship one.

Apr 28, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #581 of 2,722
So its going to be a mid tier hybrid? If qdc is putting DD in their IEMs I rather wait for the flagship one.
Not sure which tier the new one sits. The guy vaguely implied the price less than VX,
presumably US $2K, upper mid tier then? Whichever, judging from sound quality of
current qdc IEMs, I can keep my hope high. Just another month.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #583 of 2,722
I’m sorry, I somehow I missed this post. I’ve tried the Angie only very briefly. It is indeed laidback. But the stage is not that big and the transparency and resolution are not in the same ball park as the TOTLs.
No worries. Yeah you are right about the Angie. I don't have enough experience to say what was off with them, but they had their issues. It's too bad that they're not being updated. With some work, they could be awesome.

I received my LCD i4! I really love it. I can see what everyone says about it being so special and that you can truly compare it to full sized cans. I can also see why you've struggled to find anything like it in closed IEM form.

I think I'm happy with both it and the Anole. They are an interesting contrast and I'm finding that I enjoy both signatures, though going back and forth takes some acclimation. On the LCD, everything sounds really good with it's open and natural tone, but then the Anole is also a nice refuge with it's sweet, bright tone. It's far less forgiving, though. Badly recorded/mastered tracks really stick out like a sore thumb. It's crazy, though, because you can hear which parts were badly recorded. Sometimes you can hear terrible sounding drums but a clear sounding singer.

I'm glad I don't have to choose between them and am fortunate enough to have both.

May 1, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #584 of 2,722
mmexport1556690631938.jpg
qdc Fusion 4BA+1DD tuned for jazz and rock
rumor to be around the price of Anole V6... a similar diver config and price to the CFA Solaris... :ksc75smile:

May 1, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #585 of 2,722

qdc Fusion 4BA+1DD tuned for jazz and rock
rumor to be around the price of Anole V6... a similar diver config and price to the CFA Solaris... :ksc75smile:

I bet this would end up my favorite qdc sound personality? Wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back