QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 9, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #601 of 2,722
I use AK380cu with VX, I like it more than WM1A pairing. I'm still quite happy with VX overall, been a few weeks now and I've settled on mid switch on, the other two off. Have you decided to keep your VX?

Great review! My experiences run parallel with your own. Has the VX grown on your more or are you still searching for something more laid back.

Thank you. I gave it a lot of tries and it is just not working out for me. So I have decided to move on. I’ve been putting the IE800 to use lately. I am hoping to take a quick trip to Singapore to try out some IEMs and then decide.

May 9, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #602 of 2,722
Thank you. I gave it a lot of tries and it is just not working out for me. So I have decided to move on. I’ve been putting the IE800 to use lately. I am hoping to take a quick trip to Singapore to try out some IEMs and then decide.
Give it another try with iFi Micro iDSD BL(but not in ECO mode). May be you'll change your mind.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #603 of 2,722
After seeing your post, I actually wanted to. Would have been feasible, was I still living in the US. It's not easy in India though. Also, Shanling M3S is a smooth DAP. And the VX is quite aggressive on the M3S too. So there is a high chance a source might not fix the issue for me.

May 9, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #604 of 2,722
With the Anole VX I've come to the conclusion that I don't like the effect that turning on the bass switches creates. The bump has wayyyy too much mid-bass emphasis, and the sound becomes quite muddy in that area on bass heavy tracks. I've seen comments that the bass elevation with that #1 switch is very clean and doesn't affect the rest of the range, but I strongly disagree with any of those comments... I wish the mid-bass bump was about half what it is. Even being somewhat of a basshead I find it too overdone. Shame. Thankfully I find the lows quite good in the off/ default position!

May 9, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #605 of 2,722
With the Anole VX I've come to the conclusion that I don't like the effect that turning on the bass switches creates. The bump has wayyyy too much mid-bass emphasis, and the sound becomes quite muddy in that area on bass heavy tracks. I've seen comments that the bass elevation with that #1 switch is very clean and doesn't affect the rest of the range, but I strongly disagree with any of those comments... I wish the mid-bass bump was about half what it is. Even being somewhat of a basshead I find it too overdone. Shame. Thankfully I find the lows quite good in the off/ default position!

Agree, honestly I find all the switches pretty useless, the gimmick is nice when you 1st got the IEM, but I think most people keep all the switches all off.

May 9, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #606 of 2,722
Agree, honestly I find all the switches pretty useless, the gimmick is nice when you 1st got the IEM, but I think most people keep all the switches all off.

Yeah that's what I figured... I haven't even messed with the others. I like it well enough on default... just thought perhaps the bass switches would give me a nice kick for my basshead tendencies... but nope, not usable at all.

May 9, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #608 of 2,722
I suppose the value of this IEM over the Gemini as ezekiel77 noted from Canjam Singapore impressions is the bit of extra sparkle and air in the highs, and somewhat bigger stage (if I recall his comments correctly). The switches are gimmick. If I could have somehow had the default sound without switches, and saved $500, that would have been awesome. QDC, make that happen?? :smile:

May 9, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #609 of 2,722
I have a luminox audio 4.4 mm cable, they make cables with qdc connectors as well, too bad you can only get them at e-earphones. I would assume EA have qdc connectors as well since they did the collab with qdc a while back.
Yes, I agree Luminox cables for QDC are very good. I got both 85 Filter and Day for Night and they work fine.
DFN is great in SQ but a bit thick and heavy side and I like 85F on the go as it is light and soft.
Cheers,

May 12, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #610 of 2,722
After a few days with iFi Micro iDSD BL, I can't listen VX with other DAP's:frowning2: I am using SP1000M with Tidal.apk 2.11.0(this is the only version of tidal apk with bitperfect MQA output) as a source. Sound quality is so good, that I can hear the difference in polarity switch(+/-) on iFi BL. I am listening http://tidal.com/album/108804224 now. Resolution, imaging is outstanding! No need to use EQ - it is not bright at all.
Now I need to get something like this
20741_full_ef997e51f8c8574f.jpg
to use iFi Micro iDSD BL on the go:)

May 12, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #611 of 2,722
After a few days with iFi Micro iDSD BL, I can't listen VX with other DAP's:frowning2: I am using SP1000M with Tidal.apk 2.11.0(this is the only version of tidal apk with bitperfect MQA output) as a source. Sound quality is so good, that I can hear the difference in polarity switch(+/-) on iFi BL. I am listening http://tidal.com/album/108804224 now. Resolution, imaging is outstanding! No need to use EQ - it is not bright at all.
Now I need to get something like this

to use iFi Micro iDSD BL on the go:)

https://www.vannuys.co.jp/official/new_item/vc911/

this is what you need.

May 13, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #613 of 2,722
Owners of the 8SL/8SH, does your pair pick up hisses from your different setup?
I used to have the CA Andro (which is a hiss monster). Had to sell it off

I used to have gemini, it hiss on my LG v20, but no hiss on WM1A, DX200, or any of the hiby daps

May 14, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #614 of 2,722
DSC_0006.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back