Q701 question / help
Mar 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #16 of 19
I just want to point out that while the Q701 is a little shy on the bass out of the box, it responds very well to equalization. If you played around with an equalizer a bit to get the sound that you want I think you would be very impressed with the performance of the Q701. I have not heard the DT990 so I can't compare the two.

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
Thanks man! I think your answered every question I've had. I really really appreciate. This is the route I'm going. I'm getting the Zx and 90% positive note dt990 pros.... Still might get the q701. Thanks so much!

Heya,

By all means try the Q701, simply buy from a place that accepts returns like Amazon/Headroom.

Very best,

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
So you'd go with the q701 over the dt990? Even if it can't be amped, besides the zx card, for a while -possibly months to years?

Heya,

Nope; I have both. But what I prefer is not the same as what you prefer. I would get completely different headphones in general; already mentioned above what I would look at.

The Zx has an onboard opamp. It's a headphone amplifier. And it's powerful. It can handle almost all headphones just fine. It is an amplifier. You seem to be missing this.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back