Q701 impressions thread
Jan 12, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #9,241 of 9,602
Those amps should have plenty of power... what are you talking about?

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #9,243 of 9,602
You can order the anniversary headband from AKG's warranty contact in your country you just have to have the part number and $60 and you have to take apart each ear cup.

part #: 2458M98070

USA Spare Parts
Marlon Gonzalez marlon.gonzalez@harman.com 

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #9,244 of 9,602
recently my left earcup has begun to squeak incredibly loud.  They are just under a month out of warranty and  it is driving me crazy.  I really like them, but the squeak whenever i move my head is annoying.  Is there an easy fix to this, or bring them to someone to open them up for me, or forget it?

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #9,245 of 9,602
recently my left earcup has begun to squeak incredibly loud.  They are just under a month out of warranty and  it is driving me crazy.  I really like them, but the squeak whenever i move my head is annoying.  Is there an easy fix to this, or bring them to someone to open them up for me, or forget it?

I have recently started having the same problem. I'm going to use some graphite lubricant on the parts on that side and see how it helps. I'll report back after its done.

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #9,246 of 9,602
I have recently started having the same problem. I'm going to use some graphite lubricant on the parts on that side and see how it helps. I'll report back after its done.

Never thought of that. Let us know how that works and exactly where you lubed them. Mine creaks sometimes too, but mine are over 3 years old, so no warranty left for me.

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #9,247 of 9,602
I really hope, the squeaking won't become worse withe mine. They're new yet already quite "squeaky", until now it's my only real complaint, even the Headband isn't uncomfortable for me.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #9,248 of 9,602
Just got mine. Woot.

I don't get the moaning about the bumps. For you guys complaining I thought they were actually made of jagged glass or something. I don't even feel them. And I kinda like them. Give my head some air circulation.

I have the mono price Dac/amp on the way too. Woot!

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #9,249 of 9,602
Just got mine. Woot.

I don't get the moaning about the bumps. For you guys complaining I thought they were actually made of jagged glass or something. I don't even feel them. And I kinda like them. Give my head some air circulation.

I have the mono price Dac/amp on the way too. Woot!

It must just be different from person to person... To me they were not uncomfortable... They were painful and headache inducing.

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #9,250 of 9,602
It must just be different from person to person... To me they were not uncomfortable... They were painful and headache inducing.

I think it depends on how thick the hair you've got, it gets kinda uncomfortable after a haircut. 
k701smile.gif

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #9,251 of 9,602

I think it depends on how thick the hair you've got, it gets kinda uncomfortable after a haircut. 
k701smile.gif

We should resurrect the idea of the "Bumps?  What Bumps?" club.  See http://www.head-fi.org/t/582276/q701-impressions-thread/8640#post_11342791.
dt880smile.png

Feb 3, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #9,252 of 9,602
Oh, the indentations that the torture bumps make on my head..It's horrible.
triportsad.gif
But I don't want to cut them off, and I'm too lazy to apply cushioning material.
I think that the bumps affect me so much because I have a tall skull, which leads to the headband exerting more pressure on my head.

Feb 4, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #9,253 of 9,602
  Oh, the indentations that the torture bumps make on my head..It's horrible.
triportsad.gif
But I don't want to cut them off, and I'm too lazy to apply cushioning material.
I think that the bumps affect me so much because I have a tall skull, which leads to the headband exerting more pressure on my head.

The bumps get to almost every person who buys them :D
After an entire year of purchasing mine I decided to take mine under the knife.

By the way, nice X-Rays on the Q701. I can't see any wires going from the left to right channel, is the signal really being transferred through a thick metal rod?

Feb 4, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #9,254 of 9,602
The worst thing is when the headache makes you adjust the cans, forming indentations on another part of your head. Grr! I'm thinking of giving my Q701 to my brother so he can feel the torture.

Thanks! Have you checked out the spinning x-ray gif I made of the Q701? It's pretty cool too
basshead.gif
Yes, this is true! The cable goes right through the rod. It's hollow, yet it is still very strong! Audio Technica uses the same idea with their AD(X) headphones, ya know^^.

Feb 4, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #9,255 of 9,602
  The worst thing is when the headache makes you adjust the cans, forming indentations on another part of your head. Grr! I'm thinking of giving my Q701 to my brother so he can feel the torture.

Thanks! Have you checked out the spinning x-ray gif I made of the Q701? It's pretty cool too
basshead.gif
Yes, this is true! The cable goes right through the rod. It's hollow, yet it is still very strong! Audio Technica uses the same idea with their AD(X) headphones, ya know^^.

Yes I did see that xray, pretty neat to see a full rotation of it :D

I couldn't feel for the cable in my a900x as well but unfortunately Audio Technica didn't really balance them out and as a result there's some channel imbalances. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back