Q701 impressions thread
Feb 26, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #5,761 of 9,602
Feb 26, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #5,762 of 9,602
Just wow. These sound amazing. There isn't a lack of bass. It's over exaggerated. It's there but won't knock your ears. They also aren't that bright. My V6's and Koss headphones are brighter to my ears. God does classical sound amazing. Instruments sound so real. So clear. You can perfectly pick out where the instruments are coming from.

I am just noticing there are about 4 voices on the track of Get Lucky by Daft Punk
Also I can hear on this other song the two drumsticks hitting the bass drum. It's crazy. 

I totally get what you are saying... People saying "Q701 are bass-light" have never matched my experience at all. I don't want MORE bass than this... already sounds amazing with action movies.

Featuring extreme measures taken to end the Q701 bump torture, before my pate comes to resemble the Rockies.

My measures were less extreme, but work well for me!

I put the other seatbelt wrap on my K712's:

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #5,763 of 9,602
I totally get what you are saying... People saying "Q701 are bass-light" have never matched my experience at all. I don't want MORE bass than this... already sounds amazing with action movies.

hmm, the latest fashion trend in Q701, odd wraps, i might buy myself one too, haha

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #5,765 of 9,602

That's a pretty clever idea, never even thought about using a seatbelt wrap, looks kind of warm? I ended up replacing mine with a section of an old leather belt.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #5,766 of 9,602
  Day 3, highs still sound tinny. Really need an amp. I don't think my receiver is good enough. 

Also - the Samsung Galaxy S3 model varies in performance. Mine is very poor indeed - a thin, tinny sound compared even to some other phones. it's supposed to have a Wolfson DAC but it certainly doesn't sound like it.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #5,767 of 9,602
Compared to the HD600 and HE-400 where does the Q-701 fit in? I'm contemplating getting a pair seeing as they're around $200 and I was wanting to know if its worth a pair considering the 2 headphones I have. If they sound to much like one or the other I'd rather pass so some opinions would be a big help.  

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #5,768 of 9,602

That's a pretty clever idea, never even thought about using a seatbelt wrap, looks kind of warm? I ended up replacing mine with a section of an old leather belt.

Looking good mate! Dual entry Q701 looks awesome.

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #5,770 of 9,602

Also - the Samsung Galaxy S3 model varies in performance. Mine is very poor indeed - a thin, tinny sound compared even to some other phones. it's supposed to have a Wolfson DAC but it certainly doesn't sound like it.

I dont use my S3 with my Q701.

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #5,771 of 9,602

Looking good mate! Dual entry Q701 looks awesome.

Thanks, sounds better than it looks, they're actually pretty rough on the outside because I got careless with the soldering iron and accidentally melted some of that plastic joint with the shaft on the left side.
wink_face.gif

Anyone can tell me how these headphones go with rock music?

IMO it makes fast kick-drums and epic guitar riffs pretty orgasmic, so yea.

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #5,775 of 9,602
My $126 "very good" condition Q701 from Amazon warehouse arrived!  It seems like it's brand new, as the AKG sticker sealing the box is unpeeled.  It's also the made in Austria model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back