Q701 impressions thread
May 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #3,046 of 9,603
Get a Q701 and if you dont like them you can sell them and make probably at least 80% of your money back.

May 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #3,048 of 9,603
Quote:
20% is a ton of money...

Why not just order from Amazon and return them if you don't like them???
confused.gif

May 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #3,050 of 9,603
Because the process will never end, my friend. EVERYONE has different tastes and opinions. Only your ears can really tell you what you really like... and the only way your ears can make this decision for you is if you actually TRY them...

Or you can just continue asking people for their opinions for a few more months.................. just my opinion on your matter.

Cheers!

Edit: And there is nothing wrong with trying to figure out what is best for you, beforehand. I'm just saying that once you get an idea it's best to try it so your ears can make the decision for you. I'm a new head-fier, but I bet nine out of ten don't own their first pair of good quality headphones. I'm one of them. The AD700 and M50 were like my stepping stones in to the hifi world.

May 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #3,051 of 9,603
The second option sounds much more useless and annoying, so I'll go with that!...

If I were president, I would make it mandatory that every city have a store that lets you try out headphones. I think we could vote me in!

May 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #3,052 of 9,603
Quote:

If I were president, I would make it mandatory that every city have a store that lets you try out headphones. I think we could vote me in!

There already is. It's called Amazon.com
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #3,054 of 9,603
Quote:
That costs money and its no in a controlled enviroment. Over $10 per trial? no thanks. I want a place where I can try 50 headphones for free.

Hmmmmm...

1) shipping is free
2) return shipping is free
3) you got me there... can't demo 50 headphones at once... damn you amazon! grrrrrrr!!! 
angry_face.gif

May 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #3,056 of 9,603
If you're honest about why you're returning them (e.g., I don't like the sound), return shipping is not free in my experience.

edit - Still, less than 10 dollars to audition headphones about a month is pretty good imo.

May 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #3,057 of 9,603
So theres no way to get free return shipping then? And me being a teenager without a job (until next month) makes me see $10 as a ton of money :p
Edit: How does the sound stage effect the energy of the instruments? With more acoustic instruments, it works, but how does that work for dubstep? How would the synths sound outside of your head, wouldn't it lose all of its power?

May 20, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #3,058 of 9,603
Quote:
If you're honest about why you're returning them (e.g., I don't like the sound), return shipping is not free in my experience.

I think Amazon pays for return shipping if it was a mistake on their end (defective item, wrong item, etc.).  If you just decide you don't want them then you have to pay return shipping.

Quote:
edit - Still, less than 10 dollars to audition headphones about a month is pretty good imo.

Agreed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back