Q-Jays
Aug 12, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 12
+1

They are indeed stunning...I'm having a hard time figuring out what to upgrade to. I believe you have heard the Panasonice RP-HJE900 as well (I think I saw your comments in dfkt's review thread)...how would you compare the q-jays to those?

Quote:
ive had these in my ears all day and i felt they deserve to be commented upon.

id just like to say they are absolutely stunning.

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
+1

They are indeed stunning...I'm having a hard time figuring out what to upgrade to. I believe you have heard the Panasonice RP-HJE900 as well (I think I saw your comments in dfkt's review thread)...how would you compare the q-jays to those?

they are very different from each other, very very very different.  where the Q's are delicate, beautiful and controlled the 900 is a wall of power, vociferous and brutal.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #6 of 12
I also really like the q-jays, but I found the treble a bit harsh. The bass and lower mids are amazing though - super clear and precise.

Aug 13, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #7 of 12
Bacause of statements like that i bought the q-jays and i didnt liked them that much. So, i dont know. Technical are they not bad but i didnt liked the sound characteristic at all. But the comfort is awesome.

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
@ mark , hello sounds like you are enjoying the q jays ,,how do they compair with custom 3 ,what is the build quality like on them , ? thanks

they stand up to each other very well in terms of sound.  the Q's are a more towards the dry airy side of things where the kc3's are towards the lush, rich side of things.  different but both as good as each other.  build is fine, could maybe do with a cable strain relief as they are so tiny there isnt much to grab when removing from you ear, you want to pull them out by the cable.  naturally the cable is vastly better than on the kc3.

i heartily suggest you grab yourself a set if you see them

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #9 of 12
Thanks, sounds very interesting indeed! I am actually looking for more energy and power in the sound compared to the q-jays without losing much at the top-end. Yes, q-jays treble can be fatiguing at times, but I just love that sparkling sound. I hope the Panasonics can improve on the q-jays when it comes to Trance and Electronic music, which requires phones that can deliver both good quality bass as well as a sparkling top end, and sometimes I have to push up the EQ on the lower end slightly when using the q-jays.

Quote:

they are very different from each other, very very very different.  where the Q's are delicate, beautiful and controlled the 900 is a wall of power, vociferous and brutal.

Aug 14, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #10 of 12

thanks , what is a good price on these these days ?
Quote:
they stand up to each other very well in terms of sound.  the Q's are a more towards the dry airy side of things where the kc3's are towards the lush, rich side of things.  different but both as good as each other.  build is fine, could maybe do with a cable strain relief as they are so tiny there isnt much to grab when removing from you ear, you want to pull them out by the cable.  naturally the cable is vastly better than on the kc3.

i heartily suggest you grab yourself a set if you see them

Aug 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #11 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back