Q-Jays are back.
May 9, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #243 of 456
Hey just so ya know HUGE fan after purchasing ajays 5'sa few years ago! I'm dedicated now my new favorite iem's are the new QJAYS 2nd Gen. You guys really aced it this time. The sound quality is stellar and with all the thought put into the durability of the design
Puts this iem in a class of its own!thankyou!!!

Thank you very much 
smile_phones.gif

May 13, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #247 of 456
q-JAYS have dropped in price on their website, $299.00 for iOS, Android or Windows and $279.00 for audio only. If you were on the fence because of the price, here's your chance. If you purchased them before the drop, as I did, I feel your pain!
angry_face.gif

May 13, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #248 of 456
...nice pricing nonetheless. Now they are pretty competitive.

May 13, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #249 of 456
q-JAYS have dropped in price on their website, $299.00 for iOS, Android or Windows and $279.00 for audio only. If you were on the fence because of the price, here's your chance. If you just purchased them, as I did, I feel your pain!:angry_face:  

Unfortunately I bought them before the price drop.
Second note: periodically tighten them as one of them nearly hit the floor. So yeah check occassionally.one actually came loose and I lost the tiny rubber gasket that's on the connector. Luckily I used the one from the included cable of which I will only use the android versions only.
Third: another compliment to Jay's now after a long period of burn in the sound is wicked.

May 13, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #250 of 456
Unfortunately I bought them before the price drop.
Second note: periodically tighten them as one of them nearly hit the floor. So yeah check occassionally.one actually came loose and I lost the tiny rubber gasket that's on the connector. Luckily I used the one from the included cable of which I will only use the android versions only.
Third: another compliment to Jay's now after a long period of burn in the sound is wicked.

I should have worded, that I too bought them before the price drop (one month ago). Such is life! I agree that the sound is far better than what one would expect from a dual BA. 

May 13, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #251 of 456
The new price is imho now pretty competitive for a double-BA in-ear that has probably one of the most detailed and refined implementations of the TWFK. Considering that it is imho quite noticeably better resolving and detailed than the SE425 and has the superior soundstage (the only thing where the Shure is a little ahead is bass speed with fast recordings because of its closed woofer compared to the q-JAYS' back-vented lows driver) and is a little more detailed than the InEar StageDiver SD-2 with the only shortcoming with direct comparison being a somewhat less authentic imaging but quicker, more arid bass, it is a really good deal now for the overall package.

May 13, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #252 of 456
Saw the price yesterday. Thinking of getting one as I don't think I will have any comfort/fit issues with the Q Jays, them being tiny. But must wait for my NOVA's to be delivered before I move forward.

Wanted to know if there is a noticeable SQ difference between the regular cable and the one with the Android remote? Also, is it easy to wear them over the ears? That is what I normally prefer.

May 13, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #253 of 456

Wanted to know if there is a noticeable SQ difference between the regular cable and the one with the Android remote? Also, is it easy to wear them over the ears? That is what I normally prefer.

There is no SQ difference between the non-mic and mic cable (I am honestly wondering why some people are under the impression that a remote cable will degrade sound quality - this claim is even present enough that companies are aware of it and don't offer their higher-end models and cables with remote/mic because some customers are convinced that a mic makes the sound worse).
Over-the-ear fit is easily possible due to the tiny size and cable cinch (chin-slider). 
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #254 of 456
I audition them at High Eng fair in Stockholm.
First Im not a audiofile and no golden ears I enjoy music and good sound.

The headphones are really small and lightweight and very comfortable to wear and build quality is excellent. There is much to like about them. But the sound has a lot to be desired with the idea of the price. The sound are way too sharp for my taste and it lacks bass( you need to poke the earphone way in and it would improve the bass a bit, but still lacking) and after 15minutes I didn't want to listen anymore, ear fatigue. 
For the price I would look else where.

Durability is key for me.Ive accidentally dropped them a few times due to connections that became loose over time so here we go folks, make sure you check how tightly they are screwed in as they can become loose over time.My heart missed a beat when I heard one of them hit the hard wood floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back