Q-Jays are back.
Oct 18, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #106 of 456
They do sound great. Very clear and dynamic, great separation. I think depending on the tip they could sound a bit harsh but not with the foam. The problem is that I have never liked foam tips. So I am trying the spinfit tips, which fit perfectly. I will get a full day with them tomorrow and see.

Question: do you guys know if it is possible to get a balanced cable for these? Because the pins don't seem standard.

Oct 18, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #107 of 456
Feedback on bass and comparisons to bass performance on other iems would be great. It seems to be this iems only drawback. Also, how well does an iPhone 6/6+ drive these little guys

Oct 18, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #108 of 456
- Bass is slightly and pleasantly boosted over neutral
- Westone Star tips (red) solve the brightness for me
- Adding 90 to 100 ohm resistance takes these to another level. I've got a 15 ohm resistor plugged into the old UE TF10 75 ohm resistor and it fills the midrange out and brings it forward.
- with that much resistance added, volume is near max on the iPhone 6S+ for medium/loud volumes. (4 clicks away for medium volume and 6 clicks away for low volume).

Oct 18, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #109 of 456
- Bass is slightly and pleasantly boosted over neutral
- Westone Star tips (red) solve the brightness for me
- Adding 90 to 100 ohm resistance takes these to another level. I've got a 15 ohm resistor plugged into the old UE TF10 75 ohm resistor and it fills the midrange out and brings it forward.
- with that much resistance added, volume is near max on the iPhone 6S+ for medium/loud volumes. (4 clicks away for medium volume and 6 clicks away for low volume).
I have a resistor lying around for 50ohms or so, but not sure I want to add the bulk. I will try the star tips again but they seemed to muffle the sound.

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #115 of 456
I'll see if I am happy with tip tip rolling before resorting to the resistor. Do you know of compact ones?

Yes, these are compact: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291329605627?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Only $18. I'd order the 91 ohm or 100 ohm version. If I decide to purchase the q-Jays, I'll be picking one up.  If you go to the tour thread, I have a pic of my current bulky contraption (2 separate inline resistors). The piece that has the 15 on it is the same size as the resistors in the link.  In fact it's from the same seller.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #117 of 456
Amazing how we all hear things so differently.  I think they are wonderful just the way they are, and wouldn't change a thing.
Feedback on bass and comparisons to bass performance on other iems would be great. It seems to be this iems only drawback. Also, how well does an iPhone 6/6+ drive these little guys

Try this : http://www.headfonia.com/review-jays-qjays/

Includes comparisons to Delta and DN-2000J, as well as graphs for all 3.  If you check my profile, I can compare the q-Jays to anything I have listed if you want (as well as graphing them comparatively)

And they are easily driven out of an iPhone 5S - so your 6 should be fine

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #118 of 456
Amazing how we all hear things so differently.  I think they are wonderful just the way they are, and wouldn't change a thing.

Try this : http://www.headfonia.com/review-jays-qjays/

Includes comparisons to Delta and DN-2000J, as well as graphs for all 3.  If you check my profile, I can compare the q-Jays to anything I have listed if you want (as well as graphing them comparatively)

And they are easily driven out of an iPhone 5S - so your 6 should be fine

Thank you. From memory, how would you say these compare to the Shure SE535. Theyre in a similar price point.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #119 of 456
Sorry mate - I've never heard the two side by side, and memory (it's been more than a year since I owned the SE535)  is a poor source for comparison.  Let me rephrase it.  Is there anything in my profile that I currently have which can give you some guidance?  Or anything you've heard at Meets etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back