Q Cable Impressions Thread
Aug 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #61 of 555
Quote:

Yes, that would be easy enough to do provided you're able to get by using the pre-soldered ends that were removed from the mini-XLR's. Otherwise, if you need to trim one of the wires, then as Brian says, I recommend pre-tinning it using liquid flux and a proper solder pot. Technically the enamel insulation on the litz wires is "solderable," but if you just solder it in place, then all the residue from the insulation gunks up the solder joint. When tinning litz wire in a solder pot, you keep the wire moving so that the residue is left in a "snail trail" behind the wire so that when you come up out of the pot, you've got a nice clean tinned end.

se

All to J-STD-001 Class 3 requirements? 
smile.gif

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #66 of 555
Quote:

Nice answer. 
smile.gif

I liked your first reply better before you changed it and would have loved to reply to it but it's perhaps for the best that I didn't as it's against the draconian rules here to make any mention of a certain species of plant. Well, unless I name a product after it. Then it's ok.
tongue.gif

se

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #69 of 555
I just bought a 3.5 metre Q French Silk headphone cable.

I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives in a few weeks time.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #71 of 555
Any word on color options on the silk?

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #72 of 555
At the moment, the only "standard" colors are black and red. However for some custom orders, I have some brown, blue and purple up at my braiders. There will be more braid than is required to fill the current orders, but once they're used up, I'm not sure I'll be ordering more. If I do, it will likely be the brown depending how it comes out.

se

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #73 of 555
Quote:
I just bought a 3.5 metre Q French Silk headphone cable.

I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives in a few weeks time.

I've got two 6 feet cables coming in for my HD800s and LCD-3s (3pin balanced terminations)....that'll make it 3 Qcables I'll be using (the other is a 8ft LCD-3 with s.e. termination....my personal favourite for my LCD-3s). Steve makes a great product. 

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #74 of 555
I have to say tat the service Steve provides is excellent and beyond reproach. I purchased a Q cable months ago and it developed a flaw (not affecting the sound) but it sort of bugged me - I contacted Steve and he took care of it without hesitation. I have to say that the Q is an outstanding cable. I'd call it quite comfortable, both physically and from a sound perspective. Smooth as silk.
Cudos to Steve for a wonderful product and awesome service!!

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #75 of 555
Quote:
I have to say tat the service Steve provides is excellent and beyond reproach. I purchased a Q cable months ago and it developed a flaw (not affecting the sound) but it sort of bugged me - I contacted Steve and he took care of it without hesitation. I have to say that the Q is an outstanding cable. I'd call it quite comfortable, both physically and from a sound perspective. Smooth as silk.
Cudos to Steve for a wonderful product and awesome service!!

I would echo these sentiments also. Great company to deal. You just don't see someone as gracious in the retail market often. It's refreshing. My next cable purchase will certainly be from Steve. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back