PX100-II vs AKG K420 vs AKG K430
Jun 8, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #46 of 54
I vote for K420 for brighter &clear sounding, smooth mids, and quite slammy bass. 
px100-ii is for general genres, nice sounding ala sennheiser dark, laid back, smooth sounding & bassy. 
These duo represents two different world of sound.

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #47 of 54
This is from long time ago, i also got the porta pros and HD238, and aiaiai tracks.
I finally kept the PX100/II because the HD238 needs amplifier to sound good, and the aiaia tracks is the only one that can surpase it, but it is way expensive and the comodity is not very good (for me). But sound is top quality, its just i dont feel comfortable with them, they seem too light. The portapros is the same as the PX100, but for me the comodity also was worst than px100, it hurs my ears because it was too tight. The winner in portability and qualiyt is still PX100/2 buts thats just my own opinion. *the aiai tracks can sound better but the portability sux and also the sound may be too bright for some people even if the quality is bit better.

Jun 20, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #48 of 54
Quote:
This is from long time ago, i also got the porta pros and HD238, and aiaiai tracks.
I finally kept the PX100/II because the HD238 needs amplifier to sound good, and the aiaia tracks is the only one that can surpase it, but it is way expensive and the comodity is not very good (for me). But sound is top quality, its just i dont feel comfortable with them, they seem too light. The portapros is the same as the PX100, but for me the comodity also was worst than px100, it hurs my ears because it was too tight. The winner in portability and qualiyt is still PX100/2 buts thats just my own opinion. *the aiai tracks can sound better but the portability sux and also the sound may be too bright for some people even if the quality is bit better.

Buy both K420 + PX100-ii wont regret it!

Bahamut2, Attaching proper portable amp like Fiio E10, Will HD238's sound quality eat PX100-ii for breakfast?
Not interested in Aiaiai tracks yet

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #49 of 54
All my reviews were done without amps, as i dont like using amps (it breaks portability even if it's small, for everyday use...).
With amps it would have been very different (HD238 sounded very good and would probably win with an amp).

Also it is my personal taste, i don't like very big headphones, i like lightweight ones, practic, portable and easy to use.
But withouth amps, for me the PX1000-II was the best by far (the price is really the thing to look at, at that price you can buy 3 headphones or 1 aiaiai tracks wich is very good too but the price makes it to not worth that much).

With Amp HD238 im sure will be a very good choice, but for me, PX100 was the best, cheap, light, practic and perfect bass, no sibilance and 0% fatige.

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #50 of 54
I recognize AiAiAi has the best crisp sound i ever heard with heahphones (K420 can be a bit comparable, but still aiaiai is way better as it doesnt produce the same sibilance k420 produces).
Maybe it is the best choice for some people, but i just bought some IEMs if i want crisp sound, i think the "bass type" sound is for headphones and PX100 does the job very good.

I think i have more reviews of those other ones on my other post as i bought them and wrote a different thread.

Jun 21, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #51 of 54
Quote:
All my reviews were done without amps, as i dont like using amps (it breaks portability even if it's small, for everyday use...).
With amps it would have been very different (HD238 sounded very good and would probably win with an amp).

Also it is my personal taste, i don't like very big headphones, i like lightweight ones, practic, portable and easy to use.
But withouth amps, for me the PX1000-II was the best by far (the price is really the thing to look at, at that price you can buy 3 headphones or 1 aiaiai tracks wich is very good too but the price makes it to not worth that much).

With Amp HD238 im sure will be a very good choice, but for me, PX100 was the best, cheap, light, practic and perfect bass, no sibilance and 0% fatige.

its use synthetic leather? are they comfort?
Im not use on street, perhaps the size wont matter much.

What worrying me is :
- Sibilance?
- 0% ear fatigue?

please give explanation

Jun 21, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #52 of 54
Quote:
I recognize AiAiAi has the best crisp sound i ever heard with heahphones (K420 can be a bit comparable, but still aiaiai is way better as it doesnt produce the same sibilance k420 produces).
Maybe it is the best choice for some people, but i just bought some IEMs if i want crisp sound, i think the "bass type" sound is for headphones and PX100 does the job very good.

I think i have more reviews of those other ones on my other post as i bought them and wrote a different thread.

Never like crisp sound, V-jay's crisp also hurt my ears,  from many crisp headphone I found K420 is the one I can tolerate with. Others that crispier than that out of my list.

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #53 of 54
Jul 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #54 of 54
Quote:
I have been reviewing many of these in my recent roundup review:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/614729/compact-portable-headphone-roundup-16-phones-including-portapro-px-100-ii-v-jays-tracks-k430-and-more

I haven't yet posted all of the reviews, but so far of the phones mentioned here I would rate them:

1. PX-100 II
2. AIAIAI Tracks
3. K430 (Really liked the sound but just weren't comfortable for me)
4. V-Jays

I really wanted to review the K420 but could find them anywhere...

seems AKG hard to get there. But at least you got K430.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back