Puro Sound Labs Puro IE500iem Impessions and Discussion
Mar 2, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #1,051 of 1,110
After I made that post I went onto FB and decided to leave a comment on their latest post asking the question and got the reply that they are working on something new that will coming out later this year!

Mar 2, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #1,052 of 1,110
Nope, I forgot to try some the other day, I think I have some that will work. Go for Auvio tips on Amazon. Worth it. 

Also, sent a message to Puro's FB yesterday about them being discontinued and if they are working on something new and got no reply. They will be at the So Cal Can Jam so hopefully somebody can get some info!

After burning in for probably close to 200 hours these are fantastic. 
good stuff lurk, hopefully they give you a reply. Ima stick them back on some pink noise burn for 100 more hours and hear those titanium drivers open up

Mar 2, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #1,053 of 1,110
good stuff lurk, hopefully they give you a reply. Ima stick them back on some pink noise burn for 100 more hours and hear those titanium drivers open up

Check my post before yours. They are coming out with a new model this year!

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #1,054 of 1,110
I have a pair of IEM-500 put through a burn-in loop audio file for 24 hours or so, sampled less than an hour then re-boxed if anyone is interested in a pair. As-new. PM if interested.

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,055 of 1,110
I have a pair of IEM-500 put through a burn-in loop audio file for 24 hours or so, sampled less than an hour then re-boxed if anyone is interested in a pair. As-new. PM if interested.

Why don't you like them enough to keep them?

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #1,056 of 1,110
Why don't you like them enough to keep them?

I like what hybrid dynamic BAs offer.
I only want to own one pair of IEMs and I like the character signature of the pair I have and the way they blend the DD BA/do decays. I chase a similar kind of sound signature and they are in my 'signature' below.
It has been a short and cheap journey in IEMs and I'm done, unless I lose my A2s or they break !

Mar 3, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #1,057 of 1,110

I like what hybrid dynamic BAs offer.
I only want to own one pair of IEMs and I like the character signature of the pair I have and the way they blend the DD BA/do decays. I chase a similar kind of sound signature and they are in my 'signature' below.
It has been a short and cheap journey in IEMs and I'm done, unless I lose my A2s or they break !

Well at that point you just go for the TK12 which is a 3 driver Hybrid like the LZ-A2 or just go for the Phantom 3 which is 5 driver 
biggrin.gif

I agree though, I have no issues with the sound of the Puros. I enjoy them quite a bit but they don't match the cohesion of sound like the TK12

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #1,058 of 1,110
Just tried the Small Isolation tips and didn't care for the sound. Bass was really good but mids seemed muffled and recessed while the highs became a bit bright. Sounded unnatural. Went back to medium Auvio tips and instant bliss.

Been listening to these a lot over the last couple days and man I'm at least 200hrs burn in of pink noise and music and the titanium driver has really opened up. The details just flow out with damn good cohesion, better than I thought earlier today. Bass is well controlled and has great quality over quantity to it. Everything about the sound is just so, PURE! Lol

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #1,059 of 1,110
The dude at poor audiophile just posted a review of the IEM500s. Apparently he liked them. Also I guess they are doing $150 bucks off, haven't tested promo code http://www.pooraudiophile.com/2016/03/puro-sound-iem500-special.html.

Might though. Tidbit:

"
Playing the 96kHz/24-bit ALAC version of "Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us" from Alison Karauss and Robert Plant's album, 
Raising Sand
 showed off what the IEM500s are capable of.  The recurring kick drum had weight and punch.  Krauss' and Plant's vocals were spot-on. Nuances of Krauss' breaths between stanzas and her occasionally breathy vocals were beautifully, seductively textured.  Those fine nuances and audible cues that you'd demand from any high end presentation were all there.  Instruments were firmly placed along the soundstage in place and time."

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #1,061 of 1,110
Yep. TK12 is simply in a different class.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #1,062 of 1,110
I bought the pair of these several moths back after reading this thread and did not really give them much of a chance, the treble un-amped was just ​painful. I then auditioned the Eazy LZ A2 and then the DUNU DN2000j both of which I ended up returning. After both of those falling short (for my ears), I decided to give the Puro's another go, mostly because amped they were fantastic. Thanks for the tip on the coupon code they were only $50 :) 

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #1,063 of 1,110
I bought the pair of these several moths back after reading this thread and did not really give them much of a chance, the treble un-amped was just ​painful. I then auditioned the Eazy LZ A2 and then the DUNU DN2000j both of which I ended up returning. After both of those falling short (for my ears), I decided to give the Puro's another go, mostly because amped they were fantastic. Thanks for the tip on the coupon code they were only $50 :) 

They get better with burn in. At least 200hrs. Possibly also try Auvio tips on them

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,064 of 1,110
Just snagged another pair of Large for $3.75 shipped! They have one more Small and One more Large.

Last week I bought another pair of Medium off Amazon 3rd party for about $5 and they shipped from San Francisco so I got them really fast lol. 

My favorite pair of tips now thanks to Twin lol. I have 4 medium and will be having 4 Large. Well actually 3 medium b/c I'm giving a pair to my coworker for his LZ-Z03A I ordered for him. 

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #1,065 of 1,110
At lasst! I was able to get the issue with my paypal account resolved and order a pair of medium and large tips each for less than 10$ shipped. Depending on the fit, SQ and comfort, , I will order more pairs obviously.

I need wait for better part of this month and possibly 1-2 weeks next month for my friend's aunt to carry these for me. Nevertheless, I'm happy that I don't have to research on any more items to give my current set-up a proper shot to see if I will live this for next 1-2 years.

IEM 500/LZ Z03A + Auvio tips + X3 is what I mean for those wondering as to what my set-up is going to be.

EDIT: I ordered a couple of pairs of Comply T400 tips too which are in the mail along with the X3 and LZ Z03A. I guess, I will be on the watch-out for good offers on spin-fit too to make sure I leave no stone unturned in letting these shine. I'm also a big believer of the IEM seal making a lot of difference so one more reason to keep looking for better tips. Has anyone tried Sony Hybrids or any other tips that worked out wonderfully for SQ and comfort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back