Puro Sound Labs Puro IE500iem Impessions and Discussion
Mar 10, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #1,066 of 1,110

IEM 500/LZ Z03A + Auvio tips + X3 is what I mean for those wondering as to what my set-up is going to be.

I have the xDuoo X3 and one of the ways I listen is with my IE500 fitted with Auvio tips.  Great stuff that I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #1,067 of 1,110
  I have the xDuoo X3 and one of the ways I listen is with my IE500 fitted with Auvio tips.  Great stuff that I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Yes sir, you, Twin, Ozkan and H20fidelity have been instrumental (via your posts/impressions) in me going for this vs C3 or X1. :) And again, you and Lurk have been pretty good proponents of Auvios. I'm sure they are very good. I just hope, I like them too. My problem is, I'm spoiled by HF5, PL50 and ES18, all of which have an uncanny ability to disappear after wearing them and SQ itself was good to boot. The angled barrels on these seem to be my problem apart from the thick tips. I hope, at-least most of my issue with comfort is resolved if not 100%. :)

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #1,069 of 1,110
You should be good to go with Auvios. Remember to burn the Puro in for at least 200hrs

Yea man, I did notice the difference in SQ after a few days of using them. I must have used them for about 50 hours so far and I plan to just keep using them for another few months before deciding to move on IF I don't like them. I'm sure they will get better or my brain will start appreciating their details eventually. At that stage, it is a matter of signature preference which for me is classic Etymotic sig but I'm open to try different signatures too.

P.s: It took me about 2 months before I started appreciating my HF5 when I bought them and now I'm a crazy fan.

Mar 11, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #1,070 of 1,110
OH yeah was reading fast and thinking you were gonna receive the Puros lol. Listened to my coworkers Z03A for about 20-30 min out of the box and its damn good, for me the treble was bright and the Auvio instantly brought it down

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #1,071 of 1,110
Perfect! Fingers crosse now.

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #1,072 of 1,110
Gotta temporarily revive this thread, just to say that I listened to the Puro's after not listening to them for a week, and the sound just put a smile on my face, I am not sure why. Just had to put this here

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #1,073 of 1,110
  Gotta temporarily revive this thread, just to say that I listened to the Puro's after not listening to them for a week, and the sound just put a smile on my face, I am not sure why. Just had to put this here

cool.gif
You are not alone. They are always a Good listen.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #1,074 of 1,110
Yeah they have become my daily for work when out driving long trips. I found that I need to insert them then slightly rotate so the "pole" bottom goes forward towards the front of my face, this creates the best seal. 

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #1,075 of 1,110
Yeah they have become my daily for work when out driving long trips. I found that I need to insert them then slightly rotate so the "pole" bottom goes forward towards the front of my face, this creates the best seal. 

:grinning: Yeah, That happens a lot with iems with angled nozzles to me as well.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #1,076 of 1,110
Hey guys, can anyone compare these with DQSM? I'm on a tight budget and I'm wondering if I should stick with EASY UE CUSTOMS at around 50$. I have these and I'm looking for different (and possibly higher SQ) sound signature than my Puros.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #1,077 of 1,110
By now, I have clocked at-least 50 hours on these and I just love them. Twin is right about these sounding like headphones than most in-ears. I'm convinced that these are solid in it's build. I feel my discomfort with these was possibly due to deep insertion. After switching to Auvio medium tips, these are a lot more comfortable. Need to get a bunch of Auvio's. Thanks Lurk! :) Microphonics are very bad though due to the mic. I haven't done a A/B comparo with the stock tips but I don't even want to either. Just hate how much pressure even the medium size tips exert on the ear canals. Anyway, I'm really happy with the purchase. Thanks Twin, Lurk and Bob A for your responses on this thread. :) 

Edit: Btw, I did buy the DQSM during the anniversary sale for 67 bucks. Can't wait to lay my hands on those. Also, the LZ Z03A that had corroded connector seems to work fine (not sure if it will be as reliable as a spotless one). Not sure if its affecting the SQ but I'm pretty happy for the price I paid. I did manage to wipe out most of the rust and it just looks like few small brown dots right now. Sounds amazing though. Again, Twin is right about the bass on these. How does it make so much of it? Anyway, comfort is lovely mostly due to amazing miniature design and straight nozzles. Mic on this is a deterrent too. It's clear now. Never again a IEM with mic!

Jun 26, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #1,078 of 1,110
I found that I need to insert them then slightly rotate so the "pole" bottom goes forward towards the front of my face, this creates the best seal. 

The angled nozzle began to give me fit fits compared to my other IEMs so I put them aside for quite some time.  As is my practice I tend to review threads of interest after they've become quiet for a few months to see if there are nuggets there to be mined that I missed the first time around.  This is a prime example.  Once I did what Lurk650 suggested my fit fits disappeared and <shock> the bass that seemed somewhat weak reappeared.  Nothing like a great fit and seal that lasts for more than 10 minutes!  LOL

These are back in my regular rotation again.

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #1,079 of 1,110
cool.gif
The Puros are great earphones Period. Sorry but we are not allowed to make comparisons with the Earphones "Who shall not be Named".

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,080 of 1,110
  The angled nozzle began to give me fit fits compared to my other IEMs so I put them aside for quite some time.  As is my practice I tend to review threads of interest after they've become quiet for a few months to see if there are nuggets there to be mined that I missed the first time around.  This is a prime example.  Once I did what Lurk650 suggested my fit fits disappeared and <shock> the bass that seemed somewhat weak reappeared.  Nothing like a great fit and seal that lasts for more than 10 minutes!  LOL

These are back in my regular rotation again.

Me too! I keep going back to old threads, reviews to re-read if what others have written match with my current findings. I didn't have to resort to twisting them but I do agree that Fit/Seal is of paramount importance to IEMS.

cool.gif
The Puros are great earphones Period. Sorry but we are not allowed to make comparisons with the Earphones "Who shall not be Named".

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Damn! How I wish we could. Because I don't think this has been compared much with the Unname-able :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back