Puro Sound Labs Puro IE500iem Impessions and Discussion
Nov 7, 2015 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,110

raybone0566

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently purchased a set of these phones after a recommendation from a fellow head-fier. the sound of these earphones is so impressive it was hard to believe there wasn't a dedicated thread for them. they are definitely audiophile grade earphones. they come very close to sounding like full-size headphones. soundstage is impressive, detail retrival is top notch, and they render a very natural sound. the only downside is they a very hard to drive. they definitely require amping. they can be purchased through ebay from seller shop divvy for around $50.00. if ebay isn't your thing, they also have their own website which is shopdivvy.com. below are some pictures. if your in the market for new earphones, these are definitely worth considering

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 1,110
cool.gif
+1000. Glad you made a thread Raybone. I first learned of these from another Head Fi member's Post and Review of these: Bloody Penguin. From the very outset I was Impressed. I went to Puro's website and read their claims and figured: "Well crap, they are cool as hell looking, if not anything else". Then I caught the List Price: $199.99. Well, with only 1 review even though very positive, I don't spring for that kind of $$$ easily. After some Research I located them on various seller websites Including Ebay and Shop Divvy for $50 USD. They run substantially more on Amazon and The Purosound site, Et. Al.

Okay, why the huge discount? I'm a skeptic You know, "If it's too good to be true...." OH Well....since it was on sale I sprang for these phones with a LOT of trepidation. But for $50?  I LOVE SALES!!!!

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST $50 DOLLARS I HAVE EVER SPENT ON AN EARPHONE. IMHO (And worth every Penny of their list Price of $200 USD!!!)

PERIOD.

The Puro IEM500 lives up to it's manufacturer's claims, and then some. NO B.S., NO HYPE, No COMPARISONS:

THIS EARPHONE STANDS ON ITS OWN.

FOR THOSE CONSIDERING THE PUROS AS AN OPTION, BE FOREWARNED: these are a Crystal Clear, extremely Balanced Audiophile Type EQ and as such are not for everyone. If You are a Bass or Treble Head these aren't for You. The ONLY Caveat That I have is that they are fairly Hard to drive. On the PLUS side is they can handle massive amounts of Power, EQ, and Boost to tailor them to your tastes WITHOUT COMING UNGLUED AND DISTORTED.

The seal is of utmost importance. With these on the isolation is better than 94% and with a good seal ALL that you hear is the MUSIC. As they have Titanium Drivers they require LONG BURN IN, IMHO (As I'm finding out with other Similarly constructed metallic drivers). The Bass is now filling in a Tad and I have +245 Hours on these. IF You believe in Burn in, well THERE IT IS, You have the scoop.

Here is the website, Every Claim is True:

www.purosound.com

Superb Sound Quality/ Rock Bottom Pricing----GREAT EARPHONE, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #3 of 1,110
Agree with above, excellent for $50.

Nov 7, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 1,110
:cool: +1000. Glad you made a thread Raybone. I first learned of these from another Head Fi member's Post and Review of these: Bloody Penguin. From the very outset I was Impressed. I went to Puro's website and read their claims and figured: "Well crap, they are cool as hell looking, if not anything else". Then I caught the List Price: $199.99. Well, with only 1 review even though very positive, I don't spring for that kind of $$$ easily. After some Research I located them on various seller websites Including Ebay and Shop Divvy for $50 USD. They run substantially more on Amazon and The Purosound site, Et. Al.

Okay, why the huge discount? I'm a skeptic You know, "If it's too good to be true...." OH Well....since it was on sale I sprang for these phones with a LOT of trepidation. But for $50?  I LOVE SALES!!!!

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST $50 DOLLARS I HAVE EVER SPENT ON AN EARPHONE. IMHO (And worth every Penny of their list Price of $200 USD!!!)

PERIOD.

The Puro IEM500 lives up to it's manufacturer's claims, and then some. NO B.S., NO HYPE, No COMPARISONS:

THIS EARPHONE STANDS ON ITS OWN.

FOR THOSE CONSIDERING THE PUROS AS AN OPTION, BE FOREWARNED: these are a Crystal Clear, extremely Balanced Audiophile Type EQ and as such are not for everyone. If You are a Bass or Treble Head these aren't for You. The ONLY Caveat That I have is that they are fairly Hard to drive. On the PLUS side is they can handle massive amounts of Power, EQ, and Boost to tailor them to your tastes WITHOUT COMING UNGLUED AND DISTORTED.

The seal is of utmost importance. With these on the isolation is better than 94% and with a good seal ALL that you hear is the MUSIC. As they have Titanium Drivers they require LONG BURN IN, IMHO (As I'm finding out with other Similarly constructed metallic drivers). The Bass is now filling in a Tad and I have +245 Hours on these. IF You believe in Burn in, well THERE IT IS, You have the scoop.

Here is the website, Every Claim is True:

www.purosound.com

Superb Sound Quality/ Rock Bottom Pricing----GREAT EARPHONE, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN
thanks Twin, they are similar to the hd800 in the fact that they were both designed with technology to prevent driver distortion and they can played at loud volumes and yet the sound is still crystal clear. That's why i feel the quality of the amp you use is just as important. I paired them with my leckerton audio uha6s mk.ii/ fiio x5ii and it was incredible. Crystal clear, every detail, bass is not deep, but it's just the right amount, & doesn't bleed into anything else. The treble may be it's only fault, though it's very natural sounding, it is recessed quite a bit. For $50.00 these are the best thing around.

Nov 7, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 1,110
  I would bite, but the design is just as important to me. It looks like they took a piece from a dental pick. lol Just no.

cool.gif
I'm assuming you are referring to the Knurling, which most of us owners think looks cooler than hell.

BIG Mistake to dismiss these because of their looks, Maxima. But in the end, you are the one who has to make that kind of decision. I almost didn't buy the ROCK ZIRCONS because they were rather extreme looking. Sure glad I did. Really the MOST FUN you can have listening with an earphone without getting naked. The Zircons sure as HELL aren't audiophile, just Fun.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 1,110
Subbed in the hope these guys loosen up their shipping policy to 'rest of the world'.

Come on PURO, get with it, there are in fact rabid entry-level priced IEM fans beyond USA.....

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #8 of 1,110
Subbed in the hope these guys loosen up their shipping policy to 'rest of the world'.

Come on PURO, get with it, there are in fact rabid entry-level priced IEM fans beyond USA.....
I really hate Puro for not shipping worldwide. I had to order it to US address and now wait till December to get them.

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #9 of 1,110
I really hate Puro for not shipping worldwide. I had to order it to US address and now wait till December to get them.

Thooooough, if their price is $200, and currently $50 there is no room for international repair return shipping to customers in that price if a driver fails....

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #10 of 1,110

Thooooough, if their price is $200, and currently $50 there is no room for international repair return shipping to customers in that price if a driver fails....

cool.gif
It's rather ODD that you guys can't get them direct. They are Manufactured in CHINA for God's sake. Somewhere, somehow in the plethora of Chinese products, Surely there must be an Off- Branded set of Puros available from the Real manufacturer. Identical but without the Puro on the side. They look pretty distinctive you could tell by pictures.

Even at $130 -- $200 for the Puro list, they are worth EVERY penny. Even at the $50 price these are FAR FROM ENTRY LEVEL earphones.

BTW: They have a 1 Year warranty.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #11 of 1,110
Yep, it's nuts. I also see someone confirmed your 'like full-size cans' impression...

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #12 of 1,110
  Yep, it's nuts. I also see someone confirmed your 'like full-size cans' impression...

cool.gif
Yes. but I never thought they sounded exactly like CANS either. They REALLY sound like an open ear listening experience, like You are sitting at a concert.

You got to somehow get a Pair Lohb. They really are Audiophile Grade earphones. A little hard to drive @ 34 Ohms, (their spec is 17 Ohms/ Channel--I'm assuming in series). BUT unlike Most of the higher resistance IEM earphones you can POUR juice, Boost, and EQ to them and they stay TIGHT and Focused. Try doing that with a Pair of Havi B3 Pro 1s, Flare R2's or even Trinity Deltas!!

I have. They come unglued. It ain't pretty. Or Detailed.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #13 of 1,110
  I have. They come unglued. It ain't pretty. Or Detailed.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

A second QC red flag on the LZ A2's... hope we are all not retail beta testers on the coming LZs

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #14 of 1,110
  A second QC red flag on the LZ A2's... hope we are all not retail beta testers on the coming LZs

cool.gif
When I say unglued I don't mean they physically come apart. I mean that the sound disintegrates in quality.

I have suspicions about this LZ A2 that is why I'm waiting.

What REALLY has my interest are THESE:

http://www.carotone.it/en/shop/super-titta-earphone/

Their Baby Brother has fantastic reviews, and it's just a single driver. (ebay $49)

http://www.avrev.com/home-theater-accessories/accessories/carot-one-titta-earbuds-review.html

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #15 of 1,110
I have at least 40 pair of rear phones. I've had them for years and never once did I encounter a driver failure. And they all are put to the test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back