Puro Sound Labs Puro IE500iem Impessions and Discussion
Nov 8, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #16 of 1,110
My thoughts (more to come in the near future) of the IEM500, here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/grace-design-m9xx-compact-usb-dac-with-integrated-headphone-amp/reviews/14346.

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #18 of 1,110
My thoughts (more to come in the near future) of the IEM500, here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/grace-design-m9xx-compact-usb-dac-with-integrated-headphone-amp/reviews/14346.
thanks moedawg, that is one of the best reviews I've read. No stones unturned.

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #19 of 1,110
cool.gif
+1000. Not only is the total review concise and very well written but he NAILED the Description of the Puro IEM500 better than I ever could have described them.

Bravo moedawg!! Now I gotta check out this amp..... and wait for moedawg's review.

BTW: WELCOME to the PURO thread Grand Master.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #21 of 1,110
thanks moedawg, that is one of the best reviews I've read. No stones unturned.

Appreciate that a lot.  I was on a time-constraint to get that review done, I wish I could have done more in the time allotted, but glad that you enjoyed it!  Thanks for creating the IEM500 thread as well, it is very well deserved.

Anyone have a link for the Bette earphones?

Here's a link for them (I believe these are the ones you are talking about? If not, my apologies in advance): http://www.amazon.com/i-VALUX-Balanced-Dual-Driver-Headphones-Earphones/dp/B01000UNYM.

cool.gif
+1000. Not only is the total review concise and very well written but he NAILED the Description of the Puro IEM500 better than I ever could have described them.

Bravo moedawg!! Now I gotta check out this amp..... and wait for moedawg's review.

BTW: WELCOME to the PURO thread Grand Master.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Thanks, @TwinACStacks, appreciate the kind words.  The IEM500 sounds amazing, especially for the price, and deserves to be experienced by as many people as possible.

The amp, for the price is a wonder.  Hopefully Massdrop will have another drop available, since they sold just under 300 units the first drop.

I'm going to review the IEM500 more in-depth once I have time, and I'll throw in at least some impressions regarding the Puro Sound Labs IEM100 also.

Feel free to check out the QP1R review thread as well (in case you are in the market for a DAP) - no pressure at all, though. 

Thank you for the welcome, great thread, and have a great rest of the weekend, TWIN, and everyone reading.

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #22 of 1,110
Moedawg,
Looking forward to the ie500 review, I'm sure it will be both thorough and informing. Detailed reviews like yours are fantastic for potential buyers.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #23 of 1,110
Anyone have a link for the Bette earphones?

cool.gif
raybone, THIS is where I got mine. These are the original Bettes. I have no idea if the i.valux are the same but I can VOUCH for these being the real deal. If at all possible I would try and order from this link, but I don't believe they are available anymore, you can also contact the store, scroll down a little:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They are also available as i.valux Bette 10mm hybrid on Amazon and Aliexpress.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #24 of 1,110

cool.gif
raybone, THIS is where I got mine. These are the original Bettes. I have no idea if the i.valux are the same but I can VOUCH for these being the real deal. If at all possible I would try and order from this link, but I don't believe they are available anymore but you can also contact the store, scroll down a little:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They are also available as i.valux Bette 10mm hybrid on Amazon and Aliexpress.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Thanks for posting the link!  More than one Bette version/name/reference...oh my!  I would choose your link for sure.

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #26 of 1,110
Loved the review, now waiting for the in depth review of iem500 and few comparisons.

Thanks, @aaDee.  I'll be adding a few comparisons, including the Shure SE846, and Atomic Floyd SuperDarts Titanium (BA + DD hybrid).

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #28 of 1,110
that's crazy.. Are they really comparable to a $1000 iem?? Wowww

It's more because I am very familiar with my SE846, and choose to compare it to any IEM, regardless of the price differences between them.  Is the SE846 more coherent sounding than the IEM500?  To my ears, yes.  I will tell you this though.  Some listeners can not discern the difference between 2 and 8 driver IEMs, based on multiple reasons, most notably because of their overall hearing ability.

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #29 of 1,110
cool.gif
moedawg, the Bettes aren't too shabby at all. A Little Bright overall for my tastes, a little narrower, focused, and Unusually 3-DIMENSIONAL soundstage with a very slight V shape. The more hours I have on them the fuller the sound seems to be getting.  These are particularly good for older recorded music, especially Rock and Roll.  They really are quite forgiving and enhance not so state of the art recordings. I.E. Some of the Older Beatles MONO stuff REALLY sounds good on the Bettes.

Their construction is exactly as it looks, Nuclear blast proof. The cable is that generic, sometimes sticky Chinese cable, but even though they look massive in their pics they actually aren't that large.

For $43?? another absolute no brainer.

FWIW: I haven't heard anything negative about the i.valux. For all I know they could be the original manufacturer to begin with. As you know, Chinese phones have TONS of manufacturers.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #30 of 1,110
that's crazy.. Are they really comparable to a $1000 iem?? Wowww

cool.gif
aaDee, Like I've been saying at $50 the Puros are an absolute STEAL.

They are worth EVERY penny of their $200 USD List and then some performance-wise. I've personally heard $400 phones that weren't as good. I like these quite a bit better than I did my Senn. IE8's and those listed at a hair below $600.

I simply wouldn't expect them to best a $1000 pair of earphones but as moedawg can tell you, they most likely, (I haven't heard a pair of 846 yet, but I would say they hang quite well with the 5 Series, which I HAVE heard), give them a good run for their money. With my old-assed ears I probably couldn't hear the differences anyways.
biggrin.gif
Like I said, the only caveat I have with them personally is their resistance. They are hard to drive. But what OFFSETS this fortunately, is the fact that they can take Tons of power, EQ and Boosts without their sound degrading. You CAN get them up to the Volumes of your other earphones. I think in this respect though you may be defeating the purpose of the Puros in the first place of listening to music at safe hearing levels.

Just my thoughts.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back