PSB M4U 2
Oct 17, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #633 of 733
Hi folks, anyone able to check these headphones, don't see much love for this? Need to know how the noise canceling is and the sound leakage for use in office,plane?

I'm on second pair in two years, both have failed in left channel and PSB not interested in what is obviously a design fault.

Based on my own experience I could not recommend this product at any cost or sound performance.

For the price I think it is reasonable to get more than a year out of them.

Bought mine late 2014 and replacement pair from first failure not very old and same fault again.

Mine are used indoors or inside only, always kept in case and get treated lovingly. Just poor design or quality control.

Just my disappointing experience I know but i would not be able to recommend them at all.

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #634 of 733
I'm on second pair in two years, both have failed in left channel and PSB not interested in what is obviously a design fault.

Based on my own experience I could not recommend this product at any cost or sound performance.

For the price I think it is reasonable to get more than a year out of them.

Bought mine late 2014 and replacement pair from first failure not very old and same fault again.

Mine are used indoors or inside only, always kept in case and get treated lovingly. Just poor design or quality control.

Just my disappointing experience I know but i would not be able to recommend them at all.

As a counterpoint, mine are over three years old and still going strong.  I've travelled with them a lot and while I'm careful with them, they've taken a few knocks and I have had no problems at all.

Jan 23, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #639 of 733
Quick update. I've had the M4U2 for over a year now and adore them. The most comfortable earpad I've ever felt, although a few sennheisers and the Nighthawk may have been right up there with the PSB, almost.

Also, excessive clamping pressure and overheating of ears have both completely disappeared.

^^^Whattt????

To me this headphone has such a gorgeous sound, and I often think im in amped mode, and realize im not. They sound that rich in passive mode.

I fully expect to hear and own, down the road, other better headphones in higher price points, but I do not plan to ever sell the PSB.

IMO, the ANC is literally worthless, do not get these headphones if you need active noise cancelling, on my pair it is completely ineffective, but otherwise these headphones are a dream.

Anyway now ill go back to looking for any new info about the upcoming M4U8 mentioned at CES 2017!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #640 of 733
IMO, the ANC is literally worthless, do not get these headphones if you need active noise cancelling, on my pair it is completely ineffective, but otherwise these headphones are a dream.

That's surprising - I think the ANC on these is decent.  Not as good as the black magic ANC that Bose has, but much better than other ANC headphones I've tried.  The ANC is best for constant noise, like an airplane.  It doesn't do much in other situations.

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #641 of 733
  That's surprising - I think the ANC on these is decent.  Not as good as the black magic ANC that Bose has, but much better than other ANC headphones I've tried.  The ANC is best for constant noise, like an airplane.  It doesn't do much in other situations.

Bose has the best ANC. But for music, Bose headphones sound awful. The M4U 2 has OK ANC but when ANC is on, the music sounds rather tinny like listening through a pair of Apple earbuds.

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #642 of 733
Hmm, well honestly, i actually didn't know it was meant for constant noise. But to be fair I've never had a need for ANC either way. Im actually a major Grado fan and prefer open backed headphones and own a few.

But I will give the ANC another try in a setting more in line with what it was meant for.

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #643 of 733
Hmm, well honestly, i actually didn't know it was meant for constant noise. But to be fair I've never had a need for ANC either way. Im actually a major Grado fan and prefer open backed headphones and own a few.

But I will give the ANC another try in a setting more in line with what it was meant for.

With a good music player that's not rolled off at the top end, Grado can be bright, harsh,and fatiguing.

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #644 of 733
I don't know. I've read that Grado is bright harsh and fatiguing for years, which is why I stayed away from them.

Then one day I got my hands on a discount pair of Grado SR60i and fell in love with the punchy unveiled sound which seemed to give texture to snares and distorted guitars and other things and fell in love.

I was this close to buying Audeze EL-8 and heard Grado 325e at the last second with G cushions and chose that instead.

I love Grado for its unique sound and comfort weightlessness and texture and mid-century unveiled sound.

And PSB for its amazingly comfortable earpads and rich full sound that has a integrated amp switch right on the headphones.

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #645 of 733
  The wireless version M4U 8 has been announced at CES 2017! Can't wait for it to be released, been waiting for a well tuned wireless ANC pair of cans.

I'm very intrigued by these. I've been considering getting my first wireless headphones, and these may well be it. Looks like they've updated the look and build a lot too, they look much classier and more understated. Hopefully a bit more robust too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back