PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset...
Jul 14, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #331 of 411
  This picture is from the PS3 settings menu, under "Audio Device" settings. In my case, my 3.5mm mic is plugged into a Logitec USB adapter, so I set the "Input" as the Logitec.

Now, I dont want the incoming chat going through the Logitec, so I select "System Default Device" so that incoming chat goes through the HDMI/Optical connection.

A very simple thing the PS4 simply cant do in its current state.

Yep. Its because Sony sucks and they want you to buy their crappy Gold Edition Headset.

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #332 of 411
I know... Jesus this is depressing... Guess I ll have to plug the head zone back into the PC. It's a shame a customer have to go through all this crap just to get his stuff work. I'll use the USB sound card with stereo audio...

It sucks but I'll never buy the Sony headset nor the other crappy second part peripherals like Turtle Beach or even worse Tritton. I owned previously the AXpro and those just fell into pieces due to the poor plastic they were made of.

PC gaming FTW

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #334 of 411
Hey fellas,

Did you try in-line control that comes with Sades SA-922? From what I can see on the pictures, it takes game audio through 3.5mm TRS input, and audio chat through USB, and then mixes them both into single TRRS output for headphones+mic. (This is my guess based on the pictures featuring two separate volume controls for chat and game audio.)
The description on Aliexpress says it has 7.1ch but I haven't seen any confirmation from the manufacturer. It seems even if it has 7.1ch, it is through additional downloadable PC software, so it shouldn't distort the sound.
If my guess is right you can connect your dual 3.5mm to this unit through Y-adapter, and it should work fine on PS4. The game audio would go through Mixamp/DSS into 3.5mm input, the chat - through USB, and then mixed together.

Another possible solution is USB Karaoke Microphone Link Cable (I bought it but still waiting for delivery). It is supposed to convert 6.35mm mic to USB. Additional adapter for 6.35 to 3.5mm is needed.

What do you think?

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #337 of 411
  1.75 firmware tested. Voice chat problems still exist.

Doesnt surprise me at all. The so-called "Next Gen" systems have been an absolute joke IMO.  They dont represent the "leap" in technology like the PS1-PS2 or PS2-PS3.

I havent played my PS4 in months. I was expecting it to do at least something better than the PS3, but sadly it does nothing.

Not wanting to get off topic but felt the need to rant a bit..

Jul 30, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #338 of 411
I heard that the next firmware update will be released someday arround gamescom. I will wait till then. If they won't fix the headset problems I have to buy a new headset or will buy a v-moda boom pro for my monoprice headphones.

Aug 30, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #339 of 411
Hello,
I am new to this forum, so I hope this thread is still getting some attention.

I was also looking for a way to hook up my headphone + mic combo (akg k712pro+anlion modmic) with the PS4 without having to buy the Astro Mixamp. 
My setup is:  optical cable from the PS4 to my FiiO-Dock (E17+E09k) where my headphone is connected to. And the mic is plugged into an USB soundcard  plugged right into the PS4 USB port.
The headphone output of the soundcard is empty.

At first this setup didnt work out for me, as the PS4 has recognized the soundcard as a "headphone" device. I could adjust the volume of the mic but couldnt hear myself talking.

!!! NOW by accident (or maybe it was just frustration) i removed the mic from the usb card, hooked it up into the dualshock controller same thing, nothing happening. 
>>>> BUT after removing the mic from the controller and plugging it back into the soundcard I was able to hear myself talking. The first thing I did,I jumped right into an online game to check if the chat works, and it does. I could hear other players and they could hear me talking. <<<

So as you can see, it is possible to get the gamesound AND chat through optical, while you're still able to talk through usb.
I hope somebody of you can confirm this, and see if it works.

Greetings

Aug 30, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #340 of 411
Hello,

I was also looking for a way to hook up my headphone + mic combo (akg k712pro+anlion modmic) with the PS4 without having to buy the Astro Mixamp. 
My setup is:  optical cable from the PS4 to my FiiO-Dock (E17+E09k) where my headphone is connected to. And the mic is plugged into an USB soundcard (CSL) wich is plugged right into the PS4 USB port.

At first this setup didnt work out for me, as the PS4 has recognized the soundcard as a "headphone" device. I could adjust the volume of the mic but couldnt hear myself talking.

!!! NOW by accident (or maybe it was just frustration) i removed the mic from the usb card, hooked it up into the dualshock controller same thing, nothing happening. 
>>>> BUT after removing the mic from the controller and plugging it back into the soundcard I was able to hear myself talking. The first thing I did,I jumped right into an online game to check if the chat works, and it does. I could hear other players and they could hear me talking. <<<

So as you can see, it is possible to get the gamesound AND chat through optical, while you're still able to talk through usb.

Greetings

Aug 30, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #341 of 411
  Hello,

My setup is:  optical cable from the PS4 to my FiiO-Dock (E17+E09k) where my headphone is connected to. And the mic is plugged into an USB soundcard (CSL) wich is plugged right into the PS4 USB port.

Greetings

Nope tried it out still not working. If I try your method I can't hear the other people talk. Tried it in COD Ghosts.

Sep 13, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #342 of 411
Just got the ps4.

Using the Astro Mixamp 2011 and the astro y-splitterfor my headset and clip-on mic (console settings are correct per the ps4/astro setup video). The chat volume I hear is very soft while everyone hears me just fine.

Staying wired isn't a problem for me. What do I need in order to hear normal chat volume levels? Or, am I stuck having to upgrade to the latest mixamp version.

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #343 of 411
I just read the complete thread, but just looking for some confirmation.  I just bought the Philips Fidelio X1 + V-MODA BoomPro, im still in the process of getting a Astro Mixamp 2011, but wondering if i'll able to hook it like

PS4 > USB Cable to MiniUSB > Mixamp (for power and chat)
PS4 > Optical Toshlink > Mixamp (for audio)
Philips Fidelio X1 > V-MODA BoomPro > connected directly to Mixamp 3.5 (no adapters)

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #344 of 411
Turtle beach announced a new headset today. If the firmware 2.0 won't fix the voice chat problems I'm probably buying  the new Ear Force Stealth 500P. Wireless DTS gaming headset.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps4-headsets/ear-force-stealth-500p/591

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #345 of 411
Just came across an interesting piece of information while browsing the Astro Gaming Forums.

Some of you may remember shortly after the next gen launch, Astro released firmware making their Mixamps and A50 systems compatible with the PS4.

A person on the forums asked Astro why this firmware is no longer available, Astro responded "We no longer have a dedicated firmware for the Xbox One or PS4, that was discontinued and we recommended everyone to move back due to the problems being fixed directly by Microsoft and Sony."

So hopefully, what this means is a fix is finally in the works. With Astro being a large company, perhaps they have some insider info.

We can only hope.

The thread:
http://forums.astrogaming.com/index.php?threads/ps4-firmware-update-astro-mixamp-pro-2013.78604/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back