PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset...
May 22, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #316 of 411
  Why don't you try the new turtle beach device. It's much cheaper but I don't know If it will fix your voice chat problems.

So Red I got the chat to work with the Astro mix amp!!!! 

So I have my PS4 connected to my Sound Blaster Z card by Optical in on the sound card.
Enabled DDL on the sound card, changed the ps4 audio to liner.
I have my Steel series V2 headset connected to the 3.5mm HEADSET PLUG connected to the sound card.
The 3.5mm chat plug is connected to the Astro mix amp by the y spliter that astro provides with the mix amp, from the mix amp I have it connected to the ps4 by usb for chat of course.

I recorded a message and I could hear my self on play back, so its working!!!! 

also sending you a pm man.

May 22, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #317 of 411
  Why don't you try the new turtle beach device. It's much cheaper but I don't know If it will fix your voice chat problems.

I think I know what the issue is man!!! It's the demenations of the Y spliter that people are trying to use. I have a 3 ring 3.5mm and a 4 ring 3.5mm y spliter and they do not work with the astro mix amp??? But if I use the one that astro has it works with no issues at all, very weird man???

May 22, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #318 of 411
On second thought the SH%^ just stopped working!!!!! I dont understand this at all? It was working fine and then it just stopped. I am done with this ****!!! I am just going to use my V2's with the astro mix amp, it works that way and they are better than the astro headset!!!!! 

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #320 of 411
I doubt the Turtle Beach Upgrade kit is the answer. For one, it looks like its only made for existing TB headsets that use a USB connector. Second; You will loose any sort of Dolby Headphone Processing with it.

The purpose of this thread was for people with 3.5mm x2 headsets like the PC360, MMX300, or those with headphones combined with an add-on mic, that still terminate to a 3.5mm x2 connection, to use with the PS4

While with still providing:

Dolby Headphone Processing to the headphones via external Optical/HDMI source.

And being able to chat via USB.

The PS3 can do it just fine, the PS4 still cant.

Ive posted exact reasons why this isnt yet possible with the PS4.

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #321 of 411
I've noticed a few things with the background static when using a separate mic with the Astro Mixamp Pro.

My setup:

PS4 Optical out > Mixamp Pro
PS4 USB > Mixamp Pro

Sennheiser HD558s connected to Mixamp Pro via 3.5mm.  Sounds wonderful (fantastic headphones).  Now, as with most people, the issues come with the chat.

I have a separate Zalman clip on mic (3.5mm connection) which behaves differently depending on the set-up of the Mixamp.  When used with the Astro supplied Y-Connector plugged into the Mixamp, together with the headphones it works but with awful background static.  If i plug the mic into the DS4 via the Y-Connector (while still keeping the headphones in the Mixamp) it works brilliantly.

I am assuming that if a set of 2 x 3.5mm headsets (PC360s, G4ME Ones etc) where to be used this way it should work? i.e. audio connection into the mix amp and mic connection via Astro Y-Connector into DS4.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  The reason for the tests and post is I am looking to pick up a pair of the Sennheiser G4ME Ones and, like all of us, want full chat capability plus Dolby Headphone from their relevant form of AMP.

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #322 of 411
Found out some strange things about the new Turtle Beach headsets. If you look at the new Turtle Beach Elite 800:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps4-headsets/turtle-beach-elite-800/551

1. Game Input: Digital Optical(Toslink) with Digital Optical Pass-through
  2. Chat/Mic Input/Output: USB

How is that supposed to work? We all know that voice chat with optical and voice chat via usb is not working. Has Turtle Beach a special solution to fix this problem or what?

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #324 of 411
I gave up on Sony fixing the voice chat issues. Definitely going to buy a DTS Headset at the end of the year.

Turtle Beach or Skullcandy.

Currently I'm looking at the Turtle Beach Elite 800.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #325 of 411
Just got my ps4 yesterday, and seem to have it working through my A/V with DTS with chat. As if now I'm using my TB x12's but have them wired as the ad700x setup that I'm going to be getting soon. Bought the iLuv USB adapter and a female 3.5 to 2x male 3.5 from amazon and it has worked great. Not sure if it's because the x12 is usb powered with 3.5 x2 but I can hear myself talk in the headphones just as pc and 360. Not so sure about SQ as the x12's suck but Wolfenstein sounds pretty decent through them. Anyways check out the pic of the setup.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #327 of 411
I'm working on a new set up.

Mono Price Pro Dj headphones + VModa Boom Pro Microphone. Problem is how do i connect the parts. I wanted to use a usb soundcard.
confused_face.gif

Jul 13, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #328 of 411
Hi all folks. I've been reading the discussion and even with my different setup and different problems, I can't seem to be able to fix it. You said that actually is impossible to have chat audio going via USB while in game audio via Optical at the same time.

My setup is:

PS4 > optical cable> BeyerDynamic head zone H1 > MMX 300 > DS4 (just the microphone jack)

Now I plug the headset jack for the audio (green one) into the head zone to get the audio in Dolby 5.1 and I plug the mic headset jack (the pink one) into the DS4.

The outcome is that without plugging the headset into the DS4 I have sound coming from both tv speakers and headset. If I plug the mic jack into the DS4 I have no sound at all coming from both headset and tv. On top of that the PS4 never seems to be able to detect the microphone of the headset, even when the mic jack is plugged into the DS4...

I use the head zone on my computer and when watching films using headphones, but I thought I could use it with my ps4. Using a Astro MixAmp instead the head zone can fix the problem? Or is there anything I can do to get the head station to work with the PS4?

In my case the audio is not coming via USB, but still doesn't work. I even tried using a USB sound card but didn't worked too...

Hope anyone could tell me if I'm doing anything wrong or what.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #329 of 411
  Hi all folks. I've been reading the discussion and even with my different setup and different problems, I can't seem to be able to fix it. You said that actually is impossible to have chat audio going via USB while in game audio via Optical at the same time.

My setup is:

PS4 > optical cable> BeyerDynamic head zone H1 > MMX 300 > DS4 (just the microphone jack)

Now I plug the headset jack for the audio (green one) into the head zone to get the audio in Dolby 5.1 and I plug the mic headset jack (the pink one) into the DS4.

The outcome is that without plugging the headset into the DS4 I have sound coming from both tv speakers and headset. If I plug the mic jack into the DS4 I have no sound at all coming from both headset and tv. On top of that the PS4 never seems to be able to detect the microphone of the headset, even when the mic jack is plugged into the DS4...

I use the head zone on my computer and when watching films using headphones, but I thought I could use it with my ps4. Using a Astro MixAmp instead the head zone can fix the problem? Or is there anything I can do to get the head station to work with the PS4?

In my case the audio is not coming via USB, but still doesn't work. I even tried using a USB sound card but didn't worked too...

Hope anyone could tell me if I'm doing anything wrong or what.

I always wanted to try the Headzone...

The problem is the DS4 connection is designed for a 4 pole TRRS 3.5mm connector. On the MMX300, you simply have two 3.5mm TRS connections. Plugging the mic portion of the MMX300 into the DS4 simply will not work.

Jul 14, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #330 of 411
This picture is from the PS3 settings menu, under "Audio Device" settings. In my case, my 3.5mm mic is plugged into a Logitec USB adapter, so I set the "Input" as the Logitec.

Now, I dont want the incoming chat going through the Logitec, so I select "System Default Device" so that incoming chat goes through the HDMI/Optical connection.

A very simple thing the PS4 simply cant do in its current state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back