PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Jul 2, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #211 of 1,094
Project Loon is an amazing feat of engineering, which already works in New Zealand. I can't wait for the future!
tongue.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #212 of 1,094
So, can you plug in any 1/8th inch jack headphones into the PS4 controller? Can any other console do that? o.O

I wouldn't want to, as I highly doubt audio taken from the controller would have virtual surround... unless it's in game like Battlefield 3, which has some mild headphone surround, which I found... nowhere near the level of vitual surround dsp devices, but YMMV.

I'd still take my audio from the spdif out on the back of these consoles to convert into Dolby headphone. Unlike Nintendo, I highly doubt Sony and Microsoft would get rid of Dolby and DTS encoders and just go with PCM only. Nintendo in it's attempt to save itse;f money, alienated people like me. I can't get virtual surround on the Wii U. Until a 3rd party makes a device capable of outputting virtual surround from PCM signals...

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #215 of 1,094
Not sure, but any game canbenefit from virtual surround, as long as it's not a 2d side scroller or something.

Jul 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #216 of 1,094
i would buy ps4 over the xbox because i have psp,ps1,ps2,ps3 and ps vita so buying an xbox one as my next gen console would just doesnt feel right for me
redface.gif
another reason would be because i like to play game from japan and sometimes they would just release it for the ps only.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #217 of 1,094
Right now, I feel like I'm going to go for PS4  for the same reasons as lightningfarron, but can anyone answer these two questions?
Will next gen include many split screen games (I know that the controller has the light bar to display sides and the headphone port really makes it seem like a great thing for split screen but nothing has really been shown off)?
And does anyone know if Ratchet and Clank will make an appearance, especially given the fact that Insomniac have made a game for Microsoft?

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #218 of 1,094
As it stands right now i'm leaning towards the ps4.  The main reason is because of some of the games such as Kingdom hearts 3, final fantasy, infamous, and prototype.  Another reason is because i don't really trust microsoft to not slowly implement some of the features that they did away with.

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #219 of 1,094
I don't remember if we've talked about this, but did anyone notice how Microsoft has added a clause to their stuff saying you can't do class action lawsuits? We will specifically have to agree to this as we get the patch getting rid of the DRM... I'm not exactly trusting of this, either...

Edit: Hmm, so the agreement has been there since 2011... Huh... And its not just Microsoft, its pretty much every big name company... That's really disconcerting.

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #220 of 1,094
Quote:
Right now, I feel like I'm going to go for PS4  for the same reasons as lightningfarron, but can anyone answer these two questions?
Will next gen include many split screen games (I know that the controller has the light bar to display sides and the headphone port really makes it seem like a great thing for split screen but nothing has really been shown off)?
And does anyone know if Ratchet and Clank will make an appearance, especially given the fact that Insomniac have made a game for Microsoft?

My answer to boh is "I hope" :D
There area few good, fun split-screen games for the current consoles (LEGO games are fun, sports games, racing games, recetnly the RaC Gladiator/Deadlocked and more) so I would guess there will be some split-screen gaming preserved ino the next-gen.
As for a new RaC game, that would sure be awesome. I would think that from the Insomniac standpoint, they may have to do that in the future anyway. Doesn seem like their other games will be as successful as the RaC used to be. Would be awesome definitely.

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #223 of 1,094
I don't remember if we've talked about this, but did anyone notice how Microsoft has added a clause to their stuff saying you can't do class action lawsuits? We will specifically have to agree to this as we get the patch getting rid of the DRM... I'm not exactly trusting of this, either...

Edit: Hmm, so the agreement has been there since 2011... Huh... And its not just Microsoft, its pretty much every big name company... That's really disconcerting.

http://consumerist.com/2012/10/17/will-opting-out-of-ebay-arbitration-clause-get-my-account-deleted/

Yup, that's been around for a while. I think Steam got the most flack for it if I recall since they were one of the earliest adopters. Silly daleb, thinking consumer protection laws actually hold weight.

I've read that the XB1 only has HDMI and no component video output... is this true?

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #224 of 1,094
Yes, there is no way to play it in standard definition. Same goes for PS4. I don't have an HD TV
frown.gif

Also, the Xbox One can't read any kind of normal headphones in anyway. You have to guy special headsets made just for it.

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #225 of 1,094
Yes, there is no way to play it in standard definition. Same goes for PS4. I don't have an HD TV :frowning2:

Also, the Xbox One can't read any kind of normal headphones in anyway. You have to guy special headsets made just for it.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/158916-sony-confirms-that-the-ps4-will-support-analog-output

Ah crap... did you really have to do that, Sony?

Component is able to support 1080p and above, it's just that Hollywood and the rest of the video industry hates it because it has no support for DRM such as HDCP. Guess they scored another victory, eh? There's always the HMDI-to-component converter route if you lack the funds for an HD TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back