PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Nov 23, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #1,021 of 1,094
  http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/   ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

the console port beggar race ruined CoD with hacking like they always do and have to wait a year and 3 months to play GTA V. not to mention the communities are smaller and there are no games to play that aren't already on consoles.

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #1,022 of 1,094
Nov 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #1,023 of 1,094
So... apparently some digital games and apps (like even the Blu-ray player) on the Xbone are stopping working because of problems with Xbox LIVE.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=939535

*sigh*

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #1,024 of 1,094
I have the seemingly unpopular opinion (at least based on sales since they released) in favor of the Xbox one. Here is where I am coming from:

Previous generation, I had a 360 I bought from a friend. I had never done any online gaming prior. It had no wifi, and the adapter was Hella expensive. I lived at my parents house at the time, and I was on the second floor, and the modem and router was in the basement. So since my parents weren't on board with me drilling several holes in their walls to take a cat5 cable between floors and rooms (and it just seemed like of much work) and it seemed a waste of money to buy an xbl subscription on top of a hundred dollar wifi adapter, plus the cost of games (just to try online gaming, that is) it seemed a waste of money, so I sold it again a desire even made some proffit. A year or so later I did research and found out the pay offered a built in wifi receiver and would allow psn access for free, I decided to get a ps3. I loved it and was happy, even though everyone hated psn.

Now, you can't play anything on psn for free. That cut out a key selling point for me. I have always heard xbl has a better community, I have always found Xbox to make the best controllers (so much more comfortable!)... so AL of those greatly influenced my choice. However perhaps the biggest selling point is the exclusive games Microsoft has. I missed out on Halo 3 and 4, Gears of War, and now there is titanfall for the Xbox one. This generation, for me, it just didn't make any sense to get a ps4 and every amount to get the Xbox one. But they are both great consoles, it all boils down to preference.

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #1,025 of 1,094
I have the seemingly unpopular opinion (at least based on sales since they released) in favor of the Xbox one. Here is where I am coming from:

Previous generation, I had a 360 I bought from a friend. I had never done any online gaming prior. It had no wifi, and the adapter was Hella expensive. I lived at my parents house at the time, and I was on the second floor, and the modem and router was in the basement. So since my parents weren't on board with me drilling several holes in their walls to take a cat5 cable between floors and rooms (and it just seemed like of much work) and it seemed a waste of money to buy an xbl subscription on top of a hundred dollar wifi adapter, plus the cost of games (just to try online gaming, that is) it seemed a waste of money, so I sold it again a desire even made some proffit. A year or so later I did research and found out the pay offered a built in wifi receiver and would allow psn access for free, I decided to get a ps3. I loved it and was happy, even though everyone hated psn.

Now, you can't play anything on psn for free. That cut out a key selling point for me. I have always heard xbl has a better community, I have always found Xbox to make the best controllers (so much more comfortable!)... so AL of those greatly influenced my choice. However perhaps the biggest selling point is the exclusive games Microsoft has. I missed out on Halo 3 and 4, Gears of War, and now there is titanfall for the Xbox one. This generation, for me, it just didn't make any sense to get a ps4 and every amount to get the Xbox one. But they are both great consoles, it all boils down to preference.

The previous generation was so clear-cut in favor of Xbox 360 IMHO (better controller and online experience), but the current generation not so much. I've been on the fence for awhile between the two and am still waiting to see how it plays out. The controller is a major sticking point for me. I believe the Xbox 360 was hands-down the best controller ever made. I actually use the Dualshock 4 on my PS3 right now and it is pretty good as well. The verdict is still out for the Xbox One controller as I haven't had time with it. I only got to mess around with it at BestBuy for a little bit. I'm really curious to find out what the slim version of the Xbox One will look like.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #1,026 of 1,094
Honestly, I am waiting for all my buddies to finish choosing, so I can just play with them, but if it was up to just choosing a console right now, I would pick the PS4 as it apparently looks better than the Xbox One on most of the games that aren't exclusives, and also for the much wider range of exclusives (God of War 4 anyone?)    Unfortunately, you have to pay for PSN now and that was the winning factor for me getting a ps3.

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #1,027 of 1,094
Venting my frustration:

I have so far found no positives to the Xbox One so far. I own Destiny and MCC, i played Destiny for a month, and MCC maybe 5 hrs total since release. The WHOLE UI is just soo bad, it's slow, it hangs, navigation goes in circles, snapping is awful and never snaps off properly. IF it played 360 games i'd be more patient, but it doesn't and i will live with that as it's sat on my 360 atm. The controller is also, bad. What's up with the awkward shoulder bumpers? Other people have also said it's like giving yourself arthritis that much quicker. 

If PS4 has voice communication working well + all the PS3 features, then PS4 > XB1. Right now, Xbox Live really has take a downfall, on 360 is was solid, who knows why they broke it. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #1,028 of 1,094
I have owned both consoles since they launched, I won PS4 via Taco Bell promo and "won" the Xbox One via the Doritos and Mtn Dew promo.

My Xbox One is my online gaming system and the PS4 is for RPG's. 

Both systems have glaring faults and they will not be resolved for at least another year if we are lucky. 

I use my Xbox One for media apps (Netflix and HBO Go etc) as well because I like the interface better. Do I believe the system is better? No

The PS4 has a lot of potential but it comes down to where your gaming friends are and what you value in a gaming console.

Dec 21, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #1,029 of 1,094
I currently own the Xbone.

The PS4 will be in my near future since they now have a exclusive on my favorite game.

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #1,030 of 1,094
  I have owned both consoles since they launched, I won PS4 via Taco Bell promo and "won" the Xbox One via the Doritos and Mtn Dew promo.

My Xbox One is my online gaming system and the PS4 is for RPG's. 

Both systems have glaring faults and they will not be resolved for at least another year if we are lucky. 

I use my Xbox One for media apps (Netflix and HBO Go etc) as well because I like the interface better. Do I believe the system is better? No

The PS4 has a lot of potential but it comes down to where your gaming friends are and what you value in a gaming console.

I've been holding off on making a decision for either console and will probably play the waiting game for awhile. However, I was just curious what glaring faults you found with both of them that may or may not be resolved over time? 

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #1,031 of 1,094

I've been holding off on making a decision for either console and will probably play the waiting game for awhile. However, I was just curious what glaring faults you found with both of them that may or may not be resolved over time? 

Sorry for the delayed reply... See below.

PS4:
Online gaming community not nearly as mature (meaning quantity of gamers not age group)
Exclusive titles are not that intriguing, Little Big Planet is considered one of their big exclusives for 2014, REALLY? Some decent ones lined up for 2015 (were supposed to be out in 2014 **cough**The Order**cough**
User interface seems bland to me. I am a GUI lover PS4 dashboard seems more command line feel.
PS4 camera is pointless, don't waste your money.

Xbox One:
Go ahead and jump into the graphics conversation because its glaring to someone who cares about that stuff. Xbox lacks here. Maybe this will change with the recent developer SDK announced.
Media apps are a little kludgey (Netflix app cannot remember which episode I recently watched)
Unfinished headline titles seems to be the new fad. Halo MCC issues are still not resolved and its been a month and a half.
Kinect voice commands are hit or miss depending on the time of month for the kinect, if you can read into my inuendo.
Hardware problems seem to be more prevalent with the Xbox One than PS4, going off of their respective sub-reddits.

Jan 4, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #1,032 of 1,094

Sorry for the delayed reply... See below.

PS4:
Online gaming community not nearly as mature (meaning quantity of gamers not age group)
Exclusive titles are not that intriguing, Little Big Planet is considered one of their big exclusives for 2014, REALLY? Some decent ones lined up for 2015 (were supposed to be out in 2014 **cough**The Order**cough**
User interface seems bland to me. I am a GUI lover PS4 dashboard seems more command line feel.
PS4 camera is pointless, don't waste your money.

Xbox One:
Go ahead and jump into the graphics conversation because its glaring to someone who cares about that stuff. Xbox lacks here. Maybe this will change with the recent developer SDK announced.
Media apps are a little kludgey (Netflix app cannot remember which episode I recently watched)
Unfinished headline titles seems to be the new fad. Halo MCC issues are still not resolved and its been a month and a half.
Kinect voice commands are hit or miss depending on the time of month for the kinect, if you can read into my inuendo.
Hardware problems seem to be more prevalent with the Xbox One than PS4, going off of their respective sub-reddits.

I think the only game that showed you what the ps4 is capable of was infamous second son, not that impressed by anything else really!

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,033 of 1,094
With the Xbox One and the HDMI input, if I put my Apple TV to it, is it actually ok to use the Xbox as a "pass through" for a Apple TV? As in, couldn't the constant use end up overheating the Xbox?

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #1,034 of 1,094
It's only a pass through, but given xbox's reputation you never know.

But the pass through should work with the console powered down i suspect, as it's designed to sit in a on-standby state.
But don't quote me on it.

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #1,035 of 1,094
PS4 vs Xbox One? Well I've bought both 2 months ago, i'll just break both up into paragraphs:

PS4: My first impression was WOW! Controller is fantastic and very easy to use (can't say the same for XBOX ONE.. or Nintendo 64 for that matter). Easy to use, didn't take long to get any apps, 

XBOX ONE: My first impression was curious, I opened up the box and it looked promising. Started to play a couple different games, and I gotta say the overall experience was great, it had more inputs in the back.. check that out.. the xbox one gives more options for audio and video, and storage media. 

So, XBOX ONE was an ok console, but I just felt like PS4 had WAAAY more of an "all-in-one" experience. PS4 prices overall are cheaper, and Playstation doesn't screw it's customers with Xbox Live fees, or any of that type. It took 3 weeks before I decided I wanted to definitely get rid of my XBOX ONE, so that should say something about which one is my favorite console! Still have my PS4 of course and LOVING IT!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back