PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Feb 4, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,069 of 1,094
It's difficult for me to recommend Xbox One when they don't even support FLAC.  

I would love to be able to use Xbox One to play my music collection; however, it won't even recognize FLAC format.  Hello? Microsoft?  It's 2016, not 1996. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #1,070 of 1,094
Xbone due to its exclusives! Been a fan of Halo since the beginning along with Forza Motorsports! 

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #1,071 of 1,094
That's about all the exclusives there are! 
biggrin.gif

Sorry 
redface.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,076 of 1,094
I've been a Playstation lover since the first one, but this time, I bought the One and not the PS4. The reason was because I bought it brand new from my buddy that won one at an auction.  I saved about $150! 
Having played it, it's a pretty awesome machine. I love the Windows integration. Most of the games I play are available on both platforms, so I'm not really affected by the platform exclusive games. In the end, I would probably purchase the machine that gave me the best deal! 

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #1,078 of 1,094
I'm also using PC so I don't really need gaming console.
However, if the next Xbox (Project Scorpio) or Playstation (PS5?) included good 4K UHD Bluray player with support for all/most HDR formats (HDR10, DolbyVision HDR etc.) and most audio formats (Dolby Atmos, DTS:X etc.) and lots of good streaming apps (Netflix, Amazon, HBO etc.). I could consider getting one with the best specs and stability. Still I would probably do most of the gaming with PC.
It's rather expensive to upgrade PC just to get 4K UHD Bluray support if you are on older platform, e.g. Haswell or Skylake. UHD bluray DRM requires upgrading to KabyLake CPU and latest 200 series chipset => new motherboard, RAM and maybe also GPU. And there aren't many 4K UHD bluray drives for PC yet (Pioneer the only one currenty).

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #1,079 of 1,094
This is a tough one. I got my Xbone because I had friends on there and while I'm not a big FPS fan, I like Halo. I like reading classic sci fi and lets be honest here, Halo ripped off Ringworld. Further more, the 360 is one of my favorite consoles. 

Conversely, I enjoy me some RPGs and the JRPG genre lives almost solely on Playstation consoles in the west. Ultimately, I think I'd stick with the Xbone regardless. I do absolutely HATE what they did to Windows10, merging it with XBL. But that's a company issue, not one with the console itself. Project Scorpio has me interested though. It sounds like a souped up Xbone.

Objectively though, the PS4 is a better machine, technically speaking

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #1,080 of 1,094
I prefer Xbox just because I have always gamed on that console. My friend has a PS4 though and I am quickly starting to lean that direction just because the majority of my friends have the playstation now. After reading through some of the older replies it looks like PS4 definitely has the edge here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back