PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Oct 1, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,052 of 1,094
As an owner of all 3 current consoles AND a PC. I can say that I feel completely unbiased in all shapes. But I'm willing to share my two cents as to why I like my PS4 over the Xbox.

For me, both systems have there benefits and drawbacks. I will be excluding game lineup from my selection. But just hardware and UI. For me I like the controller of the Xbox more, mainly because of the joystick feel. But the UI on the system is one step from deplorable for me. If you do not have Kinect the system is a chore to figure out what goes where. I have had a chance to use the system, and it does make it loads better to navigate. But I should not have to buy a piece of equipment to navigate the menus. And as a special side note: PARTY CHAT IS HORRENDOUS.

As for the PS4, The UI is much more fluid, and I feel that the system is intuitive in where it goes and how to navigate it. I do feel that the controller is lackluster. It is far better than the PS3. But, just like sixaxxis, I think they through in a gimmick that will be unused for most of the consoles life with the touchpad. But I could be wrong.

The games play practically the same, Most games are on both systems, so its not an contest of which performs better like it used to be. These are just my quick two cents though. I'm sure there will be more than enough people to contradict or disagree with me. As this is the internet you know :)

Oct 1, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #1,055 of 1,094
Not trying to start anything but having never been in the Sony ecosystem what exclusives are better for the ps4? Only one I'm aware of is the dark souls sequel.

It's all good. Xbox gets em too. For me, The top examples would be The Last of us, Infamous Series, Uncharted. I had hoped for The Order, but with the short gameplay it fell... well... short.

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #1,060 of 1,094
  The games look much better on the ps4.just saying!

I think this all depends on the game TBH. Some games get downscaled and such. But the specs between the two consoles are nearly identical... What games do you feel look better?

I think in all cases it is not so bad that it would draw one out of the narrative. If the possibility that another system may have some slightly better graphics could ruin a gaming experience for someone ... well, consoles aren't for them.

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #1,061 of 1,094
  I think this all depends on the game TBH. Some games get downscaled and such. But the specs between the two consoles are nearly identical... What games do you feel look better?

Metal gear solid 5 looks much better on ps4 even destiny and bf4 do and loads more games..some of the games on the ps4 couldn't be done on the xbox one like infamous second son, the speed it was moving and still having all the detail just showed you what the ps4 is capable of..xbox one hasn't got the same hardware as the ps4..ps4 has got better particle effects and shaders and much better lighting effects!

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,062 of 1,094
Slightly beefier specs, hence slightly better looking games :}
First party Sony games tend to look amazeballs IMO.
I had an X360 but then I bought the PS3 and stayed til the PS4, which I now also have.
Like the exclusives better [Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, Uncharted, etc.]

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #1,063 of 1,094
Not trying to start anything but having never been in the Sony ecosystem what exclusives are better for the ps4? Only one I'm aware of is the dark souls sequel.

Uncharted, The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Until Dawn,... and I could go on. Just because of these few games I would never buy xbone over ps4 :wink:

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #1,065 of 1,094

Only bad thing about the ps4 is the left thumbstick splits and the controllers don't charge after so long..mine won't charge anymore!

I won't argue with some of this. But I will clarify. The thumbstick issue was resolved. was an issue with early controllers. Plastic has been changed, issue resolved. Charging I will agree with. But I avoid this using a cradle style charger that charges it from the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back