PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Apr 2, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #1,036 of 1,094
I own both, and lately I've been wondering why. There are more and more console games getting ported to PC nowadays I might as well sell them both. If I had to choose, I would pick PS4 because Sony has actually put out exclusives I care about. PS3 had so many great exclusives and new IP's that if PS4 can have half as many it will be worth owning. The Microsoft exclusives that I actually care about seem few and far between. I used to play halo 1+2 somewhat competitively and they are still probably my most played games but I just don't like the direction of the new ones, the only other exclusive of theirs I like is Forza but there are plently of other options for racing sims.

TL;DR 

PC>>>>PS4>Xbone (IMO)

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #1,037 of 1,094
At the end of the day I don't think it matters that much. Don't misunderstand me here, your point is valid but graphics shouldn't count for that much. It should be more about the game itself (story, gameplay mechanics.. etc) Xbox could easily overcome it's hardware deficiency by coming out with great exclusives. In this day and age though its so risky for companies to put a lot of money in developing a game and only have it come out on one console. I think we are going to see the cross platform trend continue and become even more prevalent in the current and future generations. 

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #1,038 of 1,094
That happened because PS4 started out cheaper. It's also do to the fact that from the beginning Sony was focusing more on the games while Microsoft was busy showing off its "entertainment console". The exact same thing happened in reverse last console gen. It's the same reason 360 outsold PS3.

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #1,039 of 1,094
So far neither. PC is superior in every single way so the only thing that make me buy consoles is if there is any exclusives I really want to play. Performance really doesn´t matter. Wii had better exclusives then PS 3 and Xbox 360.

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #1,041 of 1,094
PC is a joke. Sure there's more options,but 90% of them pirate their games and I Definitely do not support that.

Really...? Have you seen the Steam community? Not everything is about pirating. And Steam with it's constant barrage of sales has probably done more to stop pirating than anything else. People who want to pirate will pirate. 

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,042 of 1,094

PC is a joke. Sure there's more options,but 90% of them pirate their games and I Definitely do not support that.

You clearly aren't a PC gamer. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 5, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #1,043 of 1,094
Apr 5, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,044 of 1,094
Can't wait for PC gaming to die off then. Considering 90% of game sales are on console I could see some developers ditching bad PC ports. Cause that's all you get. Bad ports.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Steam is a HUGE business. And PC sales have started eclipsing Console sales within the few years, last year they officially overtook console sales on a global scale. Steam alone has a multibillion dollar revenue (and that is without full disclosure since Valve is a privately owned and operated company), and most PC gamers I know use that rather than torrents. Why? Because it is cheap and legal, and it allows them to hop computers easily. I still like console gaming, but to even suggest that developers are ditching PC for console is ridiculous. Know how you can tell that is BS? Just look at the architectures of PS4 and XBone. They use PC architecture, because Devs find it easier to develop for that than the myriad of different setups that consoles used to have. PC Sales are on the rise and console is actually on the decline (comparatively speaking). 

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/analyst-pc-gaming-now-brings-in-more-money-than-console-gaming/

http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/YAKms/2005-2012-pc-vs-console-gaming-population-growth-rates

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #1,048 of 1,094
Hey guys, I've been streaming a lot, as of late, and will be continuing to do so. I could use the extra support, especially from my fellow head-fiers. So, please click the Twitch link on my signature and follow my channel! :)

Oct 1, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #1,050 of 1,094
  I own both, and lately I've been wondering why. There are more and more console games getting ported to PC nowadays I might as well sell them both. If I had to choose, I would pick PS4 because Sony has actually put out exclusives I care about. PS3 had so many great exclusives and new IP's that if PS4 can have half as many it will be worth owning. The Microsoft exclusives that I actually care about seem few and far between. I used to play halo 1+2 somewhat competitively and they are still probably my most played games but I just don't like the direction of the new ones, the only other exclusive of theirs I like is Forza but there are plently of other options for racing sims.

TL;DR 

PC>>>>PS4>Xbone (IMO)

I tend to agree on having both. Most of the time both sit there and just collect dust when a title is out on PC. I go back and forth on PC/console.

For me though, I'd keep my Xbox solely because the games I tend toward are Forza and Halo. Nothing better than friends over with booze and Halo coop or Gears coop or Borderlands coop. If I'm playing single-player I usually turn on PC unless it's just to relax.

So, I'd go PC >>>XBone>=PS4 but only because of game preference.

I prefer PS4's UI and the DLNA player is very crisp. Absent XBone games that I like PS4 would win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back