PS Audio's new DAC - NuWave
Dec 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #62 of 128
That may be true, but I know that 009 earwig has been planted. Won't be long now. 
wink.gif

Quote:
Yikes! Even used, that's twice the cost of my entire headphone rig! I'm sure it sounds fabulous though. Love the way it looks.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #63 of 128
Quote:
1. Dell Vostro 1400 laptop -> USB to NuWave -> Decware CSP+ / Bryston BHA-1 -> HD800.
2. Rotel CD player -> coaxial to NuWave -> ditto
3. Mac Airbook -> USB to Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -> coaxial to NuWave -> ditto

We also demoed with an assortment of Stax amps and cans. 

#1 and #2 exhibited the issue. #3 was much improved but we lacked the time to research in further detail.

Even with #3, Maxvla and jerikl did not prefer the way bass and saxophone were rendered, but Yuceka bought it. 

As for me, since I do not own a CLAS, I'd have to pass on the NuWave since I need a direct USB connection.

Shame you're not local; I could turn you loose in my home office with Concero - BHA-1 - HD 800.  I predict you would like what you hear.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #64 of 128
Nick's definition of going a long way for a meet is from one side of his condo building to the other :p

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #67 of 128
Shame you're not local; I could turn you loose in my home office with Concero - BHA-1 - HD 800.  I predict you would like what you hear.

I'm sure he would, I loved it a the meet. And I'm far from a huge HD800 supporter, but it sounded great!

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #68 of 128
OK, I caved. Concero demo is on. Should have it before the weekend & Yuceka and Jerikl will also be here to give it a whirl. Maybe Maxvla too if fate favors it.

(FYI, out of respect for the OP and PS Audio, subsequent discussion of the Concero will be moved to http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead)

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #69 of 128
Dec 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #71 of 128
anybody been able to compare this to the DLIII?

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #72 of 128
I had my Nuwave for a little more than a week and my impression are similar to the previous reviewers.  Like Nick said the USB input was probably the least ideal connection of the 3 inputs, I found coax was the best out of the 3 available inputs.

I don't have a lot of DAC to compare with, so using my limited DAC experience comparing to my HRT Music Steamer II+.  Some of the improvements I found after the upgrade would be clarity is a level up from the HRT MS II+, bass has more impact, soundstage also a notch up, detail is clearly superior than my HRT MS II+ .  For some odd reason PS Audio doesn't have the Nuwave driver for Windows 7, I am using the Perfectwave driver as of now perhaps a new firmware update would give this DAC some changes.  

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #74 of 128
Quote:
anybody been able to compare this to the DLIII?

doesn't seem like it, i've been waiting for comparisons as well.

however, from the impressions, it seems that we're better off waiting  till the time is right to get a PWD 
wink.gif

im still perfectly happy with my DLIII and it still performs quite well even against newer DACs

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #75 of 128
Hi All!
this is my first post on Head-Fi, but I've appreciated lurking for some time now.  I'm a speaker guy, but it seems that the group in this forum is more up on computer audio than in other forums.  

I've been listening to my Bifrost for a while now and recently got a Nuwave DAC.  I'm currently struggling with whether or not to keep the Nuwave.  I posted my impressions of both DACs in the Audiokarma modern hifi forum.  I haven't gotten much in the way of responses there, so I'm broadening my horizons.

Review: Schiit Bifrost vs PS Audio Nuwave DAC

Has anyone here been listening to a Nuwave?  I'm anxiously awaiting HiFiGuy528's review.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back