PS Audio GCHA = Aural Bliss
May 31, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #16 of 90
Just ordered mine from PS Audio. LET THE BLISS BEGIN!

May 31, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #17 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered mine from PS Audio. LET THE BLISS BEGIN!

Good god Bootleg, you're just on a buying spree, aren't you?

May 31, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #18 of 90
i bet he won the lottery
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good god Bootleg, you're just on a buying spree, aren't you?

May 31, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #19 of 90
yes, but the spree is officially on hold until I sell some of this stuff.

May 31, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #21 of 90
Actually, I didn't win the lottery, but I told my wife we did.

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #22 of 90
if they made an actual dac/headamp combo like grace or benchmark i'd be all over this. as it stands you have to buy their dac and headamp to use with s/pdif and loudspeakers. that is $2,000. is it worht that?

is this op-amp based or discrete transistors?

music_man

Jun 1, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #23 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if they made an actual dac/headamp combo like grace or benchmark i'd be all over this. as it stands you have to buy their dac and headamp to use with s/pdif and loudspeakers. that is $2,000. is it worht that?

is this op-amp based or discrete transistors?

music_man

JFET, actually.

Jun 1, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #24 of 90
I just wnat to echo what's already been said. It's a great sounding and looking amp that is very underrated here. It is especially nice with HD 650's.

Jun 1, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #25 of 90
I'm looking forward to it...the DAC being the same as the Total Bithead scares me a bit, but in all honesty, I might have bought it for its amp section only.

Jun 2, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #26 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking forward to it...the DAC being the same as the Total Bithead scares me a bit, but in all honesty, I might have bought it for its amp section only.

Skip the built in DAC. Plug your DAC1 into it and you should have a pretty nice sounding rig.

Jun 2, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #28 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could someone please describe in what ways it sounds different than the dac1? (without using the customary dac1 insults.)

music_man

In my opinion comparing the DAC1 against the GCHA is a difficult task. The DAC1 is meant to be a DAC, with a headphone amp throw in. The GCHA is the other way around, it is an amp first, with a DAC thrown in. The DAC1 is a better sounding DAC than the built in one in the GCHA. On the other hand, the amp in the GCHA is considerably better than the built in amp included in the DAC1.

Jun 2, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #29 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get the impression that there's a general lack of interest in headphone amps brought out by "real companies" as opposed to guys who make you wait. Maybe there's a waiting fetish, maybe there's some kind of belief that, as David Shapiro wrote in a chapter entitled "Obsessive-Compulsive Rigidity" in his book AUTONOMY AND RIGID CHARACTER, "the difficult and the not easily available is valued, again in principle, over the easily available."

As one who has had a lot of amps, from both big companies and from boutique places, the former tend to sound better. I think that many people prefer difficulties to easy, good sound!

Same thing could be said of headroom products. Oh well..

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #30 of 90
Congrats on finding aural bliss! I think PSAudio most suffers from its reputation for its other products as being over marketed and under-engineered... BUT I have never heard of such with the amp/DAC-- (neither have you :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back