Protecting ES7's
Aug 7, 2010 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Snow_Fox

100+ Head-Fier
So I got my AudioTechnica ES7's about a year ago with recommendations from this website.

I absolutely love them. I am by no means a "hardcore" audiophile.. but, I must say.. I appreciate the clarity of them.. and my girlfriend and i actually get in fights lol. She wanted a pair that keep sound from leaking out.. well.. I can hear if no music is playing.. but, the second there is any noise coming out of them.. I can't hear much else even at very low volumes.

I also love that I no longer feel like "turning music up".. I can play it at fairly comfortable and fairly low levels and still hear everything clearly.

The one problem I have.. is they are beginning to scratch a little bit.. I have been pretty careful.. but, they are still collecting a few minor scratches.. I was wondering if there was any decent way to protect them.I know there are clear cellphone covers.. and my work actually sells some covers you can cut out... I was wondering if there was any custom fits that I wouldn't have to cut out myself (I cant cut things straight much less circular)..

Any suggestions?

Aug 7, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 9
Hmm, I thought there were some of those precut skins available. If not, I'm sure you could pay someone to cut them out for you.

Aug 7, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 9
I may just buy some of the screen protectors from work.. they are like 13$ and come with like 5 ones to cut yourself.. I may try and find some way to cheat and make it easier x.x

Aug 7, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 9
Well, if you can get a hold of a circular punch the right size, that might be an option.

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #6 of 9
If you've deicded to cut out a screen protector yourself, perhaps you could find an item (like a tin can of some sort) that's the same size as the mirror and use an exacto knife to cut around the item.

What I did was just place the protector over the mirror part, draw a circle with a pen, then cut it out with scissors.

I find that the mirror hides the protector really well (mine doesn't even look like I have something on it!) so even if you do a horrible cutting job like I did, you can't really see it.

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #7 of 9
http://www.bestskinsever.com/catalog/product/view/id/294/s/audio-technica-ath-es7-headphone-skins/category/37/

Here is the aforementioned pre-cut skin.

Aug 15, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #8 of 9
Thank you I will be sure to order them asap.. Now if I can just find a way to polish out the existing scuffs I will living the high life.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #9 of 9
Little bit old, but just thought I'd throw this in here for people in the future. The BSE for the es7's is great! I ordered them, and after putting them on and letting it set, they're absolutely invisible. I can't even tell that they're on there! Plus they showed up the day after I ordered them, can't beat that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back