Progress: PPX-3 Tube rolling pack
Oct 2, 2004 at 2:00 PM Post #123 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by vanillawafer
I'm in Dallas, TX but I'm not on the list... I would like to get on it though, so I will send Hirsch an email.

I haven't received the email yet. Please see the instructions above.

Status: Sandokan is MIA. Pondsquid has the pack, and will keep it until KZEE gets his amp. It will then go the KZEE, and finally back to me, unless someone else signs up (and it looks like there's a good chance of that
wink.gif
)

Oct 2, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #124 of 162
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

Mikhail tells me that my amp will be shipped on Monday. If someone else signs up for the pack, I would be more than happy to be skipped and placed at the end of the list.

Oct 2, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #125 of 162
KZEE said:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

Hey KZEE,
I sent Hirsch an email earlier today and asked to be added to the list. To be honest, you might want to break the amp in a little with the stock Ei tubes before trying some others, but that is just my opinion. You have been waiting a lot longer than me, and I do not mind at all waiting for you to recieve your amp and try some new tubes. Where are you located? My amp only took about 4 days to get to me, but I'm in Texas (not all that far from Colorado).

Hey Hirsch,
Have you thought about a Power Cord Rolling thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2004 at 5:30 AM Post #126 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by KZEE
If someone else signs up for the pack, I would be more than happy to be skipped and placed at the end of the list.

That works, and burn-in before getting the tube pack is a good idea. vanillawafer is now on the list, ahead of KZEE. Pondsquid will send to vanillawafer when he's done, and it will then go to KZEE. vanillawafer, please send Pondsquid your contact info.

Oct 3, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #127 of 162
Updated list:

Canman
Gsferrari
Sir Poulet
Carterondrums
Donovansmith
Pondsquid (tubes are here)
vanillawafer
DrewWinters

back to Hirsch

Oct 3, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #129 of 162
Quote:

Hey KZEE,
I sent Hirsch an email earlier today and asked to be added to the list. To be honest, you might want to break the amp in a little with the stock Ei tubes before trying some others, but that is just my opinion. You have been waiting a lot longer than me, and I do not mind at all waiting for you to recieve your amp and try some new tubes. Where are you located? My amp only took about 4 days to get to me, but I'm in Texas (not all that far from Colorado).

I'm in Milwaukee, WI, and I agree that some break-in time would be a good idea. Mikhail is supposed to have burned in the amp with the RCA cleartops that I ordered from him along with the amp, so when the tube pack arrives it'll be interesting to see how the cleartops compare to the tubes in the pack.

Oct 3, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #130 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by KZEE
I'm in Milwaukee, WI, and I agree that some break-in time would be a good idea. Mikhail is supposed to have burned in the amp with the RCA cleartops that I ordered from him along with the amp, so when the tube pack arrives it'll be interesting to see how the cleartops compare to the tubes in the pack.

Cool, I didn't even think about ordering RCA cleartops from him, he did do a 40 hour burn in with my amp and Ei tubes. So after this Tube pack leaves my place and I find the tubes I want, where do I purchase them from. I was searching on google, and there doesn't seem to be a lot tube sellers out there.

Oct 3, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #131 of 162
Quote:

Cool, I didn't even think about ordering RCA cleartops from him, he did do a 40 hour burn in with my amp and Ei tubes. So after this Tube pack leaves my place and I find the tubes I want, where do I purchase them from. I was searching on google, and there doesn't seem to be a lot tube sellers out there.

You can take a look at the tube sites sticky thread at the top of this forum. Several sellers are listed there.

Oct 3, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #132 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
You can take a look at the tube sites sticky thread at the top of this forum. Several sellers are listed there.

Ooops, I'm sorry, I looked at that sticky a while back when I wasn't even considering a tube amp
biggrin.gif
Sorry for the stupid question.

Oct 9, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #135 of 162
My MPX 6CG7 has arrived, and it's been burning in for the last few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back