Progress: PPX-3 Tube rolling pack
May 14, 2004 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 162

Hirsch

Why is there a chaplain standing over his wallet?
I'm getting ready to put together several sets of 6CG7 / 6FQ7 tubes for people to try in the PPX-3. A lot of this is going to depend on how many people want to participate. Ideally, I'd like to see people get two weekends with the pack, which means that some people might take a while to receive it. It would go like this. You receive the pack. You roll tubes to your heart's content. You would be responsible for sending the tubes by Priority Mail (or other second day delivery option) to the next person on the list the Monday following the second weekend. The next person would receive the pack mid-week, and would have about ten days to listen to tubes, before sending it on. People would exchange addresses via PM or email, but the location of the pack would stay logged in this thread (when it was sent, to whom, and when it was received). Since some people will get the pack earlier than others, I'll set up a list from people who post to the thread randomly, to determine the order that people will receive the pack. It won't matter if you post to the thread early or late. If enough people post, I'll create two packs (three or so sets of tubes in each) that will circulate differently. Because a lot of time will be spent in shipping, I'd like to keep the packs in the US for now. Any comments on a better way to do this, or suggestions for tubes are welcome.

May 14, 2004 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 162
You rock man, indeed a generous offer!!! You and Nick Dangerous rock!!!!
That is why I keep on hanging here all the time, we are like a big family.....I have no PPX3, but for sure people will be more than happy to hear about this generous offer...

BTW Hirsch, why not making it sticky???

May 14, 2004 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 162
Very nice of you Hirsch. I can't take advantage at the moment, unfortunately. It'll end up like with the MG Head rolling pack, where I get an amp a few months after this ends
wink.gif

May 14, 2004 at 1:29 PM Post #4 of 162
I'm glad to hear this idea is getting off the ground. I would love to participate if the pack is ever to make it across the border to Canada.
rs1smile.gif

May 14, 2004 at 2:44 PM Post #5 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
I'm glad to hear this idea is getting off the ground. I would love to participate if the pack is ever to make it across the border to Canada.
rs1smile.gif

The best bet would be to have it circulate in the US, where Priority mail will get it from place to place in two days. Then, send it across the border (can take a week), and have it circulate in Canada, using a two-day mail option if available. Finally send it back to the US. The fewer border crossings involved, the faster the pack should be able to move.

May 14, 2004 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 162
That sounds like a good idea Hirsch. I wouldn't want to get the pack right away anyhow. I'm making so many changes in my system right now it might be a bit hard for me to really get a handle on what works and what doesn't. I'd like to get things settled and have some time to get used to it before I go trying a bunch of different tubes. I'll have a better idea of what I'm looking to achieve that way.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2004 at 3:20 PM Post #7 of 162
Why not sending one pack inside US, and the other to Canada, later on, while all the Canadians had finished "tasting it", you could use it for the remaining of the US members that are still in line...just another idea, as you are planning to make two packages anyway.....
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

May 14, 2004 at 3:27 PM Post #8 of 162
I think Hirsch was only planning on doing two packs if there was a high amount of interest so there wasn't a long wait for people.

May 14, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 162
Let's wait to see how the interest grows in the next few days then. But I'm assuming that hirsch will need to make a lot of packages, there are a lot of happy owners of Supra amps, and all of them IMO would like to try the tubes.
At the end it was just an idea.....one more....maybe not as good as hirsch's...LOL...

May 14, 2004 at 3:57 PM Post #11 of 162
This is a very nice gesture Hirsch. I'm sure a lot of the guys will appreciate it.

VERY COOL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!
wink.gif

Any chance you'll start an R10/Supra pack??? Here's my address !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #12 of 162
Hirsch, I'd really like to try this out! My PPX3 is taking awhile to get here (more than 4 weeks now) but hopefully when you send out the packs it should be here by then. I'm sure glad I made it to that meet of yours earlier, or else I would never have discovered how great tubes are =).

May 14, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #13 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Let's wait to see how the interest grows in the next few days then. But I'm assuming that hirsch will need to make a lot of packages, there are a lot of happy owners of Supra amps, and all of them IMO would like to try the tubes.
At the end it was just an idea.....one more....maybe not as good as hirsch's...LOL...

Sov, the PPX3 uses a different tube than the Supra and all the other Singlepower amps. The others all use the 6SN7.
600smile.gif

May 14, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #14 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Sov, the PPX3 uses a different tube than the Supra and all the other Singlepower amps. The others all use the 6SN7.
600smile.gif

Sorry, it was confusing, but when I said "Supra amps" I was refering to those "Singlepower PPX-3" amps, I beleived (I know now that I was wrong) that all of the Singlepower amps were called "Supra" this and Supra that....

May 14, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #15 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
600smile.gif

I actually could put together a 6SN7 pack. However, the cost of insuring it for shipping might make it prohibitive...and I've got some that just aren't going anywhere while I'm still breathing
tongue.gif

[size=xx-small]Wait a minute, perhaps I should have phrased that differently...put down the gun...
eek.gif
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back