Prog rock
Jul 14, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,833 of 4,462
Prog lovers.... here is a supergroup you may have known was coming - members include:

"The Sea Within – a new art-rock group formed by Roine Stolt (Transatlantic, The Flower Kings), Daniel Gildenlöw (Pain of Salvation), Jonas Reingold (The Flower Kings, Karmakanic, The Tangent), Tom Brislin (Renaissance, Spiraling, Yes Symphonic, Deborah Harry) & Marco Minnemann (The Aristocrats, Steven Wilson, UK, Joe Satriani)"

http://www.insideoutmusic.com/artist.aspx?IdArtist=1965

the album is out now! Self Titled: The Sea Within

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #1,834 of 4,462
also worth mentioning that Haken have released their outstanding live album (dual disk, CD and DVD video) - I've heard it, and it's unreal:

and that BTBAM has released their followup album Automata II

both albums are available by streaming platform - at least on tidal.

Jul 17, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #1,835 of 4,462
Listening to King Crimson Live in Chicago set, the Lizard Suite. And I can't help but laugh at what just crossed my mind. When I was younger, say in my late teens/early 20's, I never would have believed that a band with members as old as they are could sound so vital playing live. Lord knows I saw enough shows back when i was still going with bands that were plodding through their set. But they really do cook, don't they? And it's not just that. Lizard & Islands were always the two albums of theirs that I didn't connect with. At the time I just thought I didn't like the music, but now I realize it was the production on those two more than anything. Especially after hearing the Steven Wilson remastering of them. But more then his remastering, hearing the songs played live with such power! It's actually thrilling to me.

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #1,840 of 4,462

Had no idea they had an album planned!

Awesome, thanks. Looking very much forward to the album.

https://riversideband.pl/en/news
RIVERSIDE’s Mariusz Duda checked in with the following comment about the album’s overall concept:
I'd been thinking about exploring "post-apocalyptic" regions for a long time. I read books, watched films, played video games, all connected by stories about an attempt to survive in a world that had just ended. But writing such a story myself didn't make much sense until now. RIVERSIDE are starting a new chapter and after our recent experiences, a story like that has gained more meaning. "Wasteland" is mostly about what's happening in the world these days but it also makes a reference to the tragedy that befell the band in 2016. Musically, we've returned to darker sounds but we have also turned a new page and recorded the album in a different style. It's still RIVERSIDE but expressed in a much deeper and more mature way. Most artists say the same thing while promoting their new releases: that they have just created their best work to date. I won't say that because everything we have done so far has been consistently very good and unique. But I will say that we have never had such an incredible emotional load on any of our previous releases, and it's not likely that we will ever make such a charged album again. "Wasteland" is an epic, multidimensional, poetic and very deep album. Perhaps of the once in a lifetime kind.

Aug 4, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #1,841 of 4,462
Aug 11, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #1,845 of 4,462
"Southern Empire" released a second album and it's outstanding. They are Australian. Here is the opening track from "Civilisation", their latest release - btw it's on Tidal too. Brody Thomas Green on drums is one of my favorite drummers. Not so well known, but a rising star. Just give the song a listen and you'll see why he's on his way!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back