Prog rock
May 12, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #1,757 of 4,442
IN the grand scheme of things, its quite possible that King Crimson and Yes got all the applause, and Jethro Tull got all the talent.
Ian Anderson, is, to put it mildly, quite a wonder.........i think the word "Luridite" was created to attempt to somewhat explain this remarkable man.
So, i thought i'd post some fairly early Tull for you that is all about the "Whistler", and then give you a brand new one from Omnia that is all about the Flute.
Pick your favorite or never care less about them both, as everyone's mileage is going to vary according to their fickle taste.

-

Tull : "The Whistler"

Omnia - "The Flute Song"
-
-
-

-
-
-

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #1,762 of 4,442
Steven Wilson
Song : Luminol
Album : Get All You Deserve - Live - Blu Ray

Awesome. I can't wait for Wilson to get back to Vancouver again. Doesn't get much better.

May 17, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #1,763 of 4,442

Awesome. I can't wait for Wilson to get back to Vancouver again. Doesn't get much better.

-
Are you against a 4-fer repost of some of the Steven from my channel. ??????????
I agree..."good idea".

One thing tho.........this 1st video...........starts off with a calm piano-ish intro, and then Steve brings the band in and its kinda LOUD......so, dial that one back a bit using your Volume control, (if using headphones)........:)
-
-
-

-
-

-
This painting (below) of Steven reminds me of the David Cronenberg movie......SCANNERS......... have you seen it???
-

-
-

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #1,765 of 4,442
I'm not sure it's easy to appreciate how ground-breaking Genesis was in the early 70's. No one sounded like this, and their songs were more accessible than early Yes and King Crimson. Hacket's haunting guitar breaks always left me wanting more!

Hard to believe this is 45 years ago!!!!

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #1,766 of 4,442
I'm not sure it's easy to appreciate how ground-breaking Genesis was in the early 70's. No one sounded like this, and their songs were more accessible than early Yes and King Crimson. Hacket's haunting guitar breaks always left me wanting more!

Hard to believe this is 48 years ago!!!!

Yup! Cinema Show is one of my favorite all time tunes as well. Speaking of Steve Hackett, when I was a teenager, I was lucky that some of my friends were heavily into into Genesis, Gentle Giant, Yes, Crimson, Floyd, Tull etc (while everyone else was listening to whatever was on the Canadian radio at that time, which was mostly crap, except for Rush and a few others lol). Anyway, that led me to one of my first concerts with Steve Hackett (solo) in Victoria BC. That must have been over 30 years ago (oops - aging myself!). He was very stoned (or lubricated - who knows - we all were) and barely standing, but he was still managing to deliver the most amazing music I could ever have hoped for.

Edit: oops, that's Carpet Crawlers. Oh well, it's awesome as well :)

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #1,768 of 4,442

Hard to believe this is 45 years ago!!!!

I love this tune - but for me Yes and KC are unbeatable in the early- to mid-70s. I like Gentle Giant just as much. Those three are my prog rock "Holy Trinity". :)

May 25, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,769 of 4,442
Just wanted to ask here, what do you suggest on checking out that has the same idea behind their music as The Beatles, A Perfect Circle and Tool? This is a question only for those who know and understand what their music is about.

May 25, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #1,770 of 4,442
Just wanted to ask here, what do you suggest on checking out that has the same idea behind their music as The Beatles, A Perfect Circle and Tool? This is a question only for those who know and understand what their music is about.

I won't try answering your question, because I don't understand what my music is about lol, but have you heard A Perfect Circle or Tool? And what do you mean by "the same idea behind their music"? Do you mean "music that is sounds similar", or do you mean something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back