Prog rock
Apr 24, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #1,711 of 4,464
This sounds interesting

A Perfect Circle - Eat The Elephant (2018)

a-perfect-circle-eat-the-elephant-large-e1523851757921.png

Was about to write, like what the hell, no one is talking about this. Given it is more psychedelia than prog rock, but still people count tool to prog rock aswell and enjoy it a lot...
Love it, was really hoping they would go in this direction.

Apr 26, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #1,712 of 4,464
Was about to write, like what the hell, no one is talking about this. Given it is more psychedelia than prog rock, but still people count tool to prog rock aswell and enjoy it a lot...
Love it, was really hoping they would go in this direction.
meh.... it's no "mer de noms" - more than a few good songs on it though.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #1,713 of 4,464
Only the new Kayak is available. Will check it out
it's very very good.... really have been enjoying this. "La Peregrina" when those castanets pan across the soundstage over the heavy riff.... OUTSTANDING, gave me chills!

Here's a link.... the album version is about 12 mins long though.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #1,714 of 4,464
I love Prog.
Here are more vids i made, taken from my Utbe channel, and posted lovingly for you and your adorable headphones.
The first 2 videos, (Steven Wilson) present Ninet Tayeb on lead vocals, and i just LOVE her voice.
She's an Israeli, and i hope that Steve uses her a whole lot more.

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #1,716 of 4,464
Everyone who likes Pink Floyd, has to love The Alan Parson's Project.
I always feel that Alan Parsons , (who helped Pink make Dark Side), was the person who really helped them find that sound that they have used ever since.
Alan took that sound and made I-Robot and a few Albums that followed, and I find that I-Robot is one of those albums that is just great inside a set of headphones.
Alan's music, as with Pink Floyd, always has a lot of unique panning and stuff going on, that would indicate that when all this music was being made, someone was using headphones during the Mixing.
-
-

-

-

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #1,717 of 4,464
Here's a nice surprise.... "The Reign of Kindo" now just known as "Kindo". They've been out for over 10 years from what I can tell, and their latest release (this month) is great musically. It's mastered too hot for my liking, so dynamics are blah and transients over compressed - but the music is worth it. Here's how they're described:

It can be difficult to explain what Kindo sounds like without listening to them yourself. Their own description is “Piano-Driven Alt-Jazz with rock riffs, pop vocals with Latin and R&B music influence” – what a mouthful! But don’t feel overwhelmed. Every record they’ve put out is filled with diverse, inspired tracks covering multiple genres, and their most recent release is no exception.
-Daniel Levy (ProgReport.com)

There are nice syncopated riffs with time signature changes - busy and talent packed tracks. Catchy, poppy, yet elements of prog are there!

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #1,718 of 4,464
I guess you could call this prog rock - this band has many faces. Some nicely mastered albums too.

one of my favorite bands of all time, pal. Progressive metal for sure. And you are right about their "faces"... their newer stuff is more 70s classic prog. They're worth a mention at least once a page on this thread.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #1,719 of 4,464
To complete my thread bombing tonight I leave you with this:

To be released on May 25th, 2018 on InsideOut Music - Spock's Beard - Noise Floor. As prog as it gets my friends......Here's the single. I dare you to not laugh when you see Dave Meros in his garage.

May 1, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #1,721 of 4,464
Ok, maybe this is not the exact "cup of tea", regarding what we who are in the know, think of as "Prog."
However, this Black Chick is so advanced within her understanding of music making....@= She's like a female Jimi Hendrix if he was making bebop while singing and playing wicked bass lines.
I cant listen to a lot of her stuff, as its so far "outside" that i feel like (when listening) that i need a chain of rope to tie my sanity down, as her stuff can just get......... crazy....
However, she's special, and so, let me turn you on to this one.....

-
-

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #1,722 of 4,464
This is Yossi Sassi from his brand new album....."Illusion of Choice".
I just created this Vid for my ubtbe Channel, and i wanted to post it here for you Prog Lovers.
Passionate @> brilliant stuff, in the vein of Yes, with a touch of Rush, and a sprinkling of Van Halen.
Quality ingredients all.

-

-

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #1,723 of 4,464
Steven Wilson.. *****

> *Note*..... Directly following the short piano intro, this song JUMPS UP IN VOLUME, so, let your volume control be well advised.

-
-
-

-----

--------

And then of course there is this one created by Lasse Hoile.
You will probably want to "full screen" this one, for maximum impact.
Enough said...
-
-
-

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #1,725 of 4,464
Well then here is one more for ya!! My apologies to the prog rock people as this might not be prog rock but I think you might like.

Some Dave Gilmour influence on this one. At around 1:20 especially.

Personally, I find their Watershed album to be the ultimate for them. It's the best combination of heavy & prog they ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back