Professional vs Home: Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro vs Beyerdynamic Amiron Home
Jul 21, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #31 of 381
Excellent comparison I'll give both these hp's a try Thanks..enjoy

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #33 of 381
The Elear's have indeed spoiled me I like them so much..

Jul 23, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #34 of 381
I need to find a good DAC that would work with iOS devices, especially through the lightning connector. Any ideas?

And yeah I'm a diehard beyer fan. I used to be a Sennheiser guy until I got my DT880. It was all over from there. The Sennheisers bored me to death once I had them, save the HD598. Plus the design, comfort, customer service and build quality of beyerdynamic won me over. Now to get an A2, T1 and T5p. I'll be done after that. From what I'm reading though, neither of those are an improvement on the amiron or 1990, just a sidestep. Kind of reminds me of the HD800 dilemma.
I use the Centrance Dacportable or the ifi micro idsd bl with m iPod Touch via a lightning to microusb with the dacportable or the Apple camera connection kit with the BL. Both work great with iOS devices.

Aug 7, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #35 of 381
Nice review, I find very some similarity opinion on Amiron home hear.
One point to recommend is that Amiron could scale very well, for example for my Master 9 amp, it pair with highgain mode nicely. Highgain push the midrange a little bit forward and separate the lower mid range out of space with bass and add more energy as well as sound stage.
To compare HD800, it is not as neutral and not archive much clarity and detail, but Amiron is a very strange headphone, it match what I want beside HD800.
Any one use T1 gen1, I found it quite annoy :frowning2: to drive.

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #36 of 381
Great thread and the review and comments have definitely made my mind up that the 1990 Pro will be my next purchase. I was looking for a more neutral airy headphone with sparkly treble and fast tight bass (£500 limit) to compliment the warm, relaxed nature of my PM-1. Both will be run from a Chord Mojo. With this set up I think all my musical needs will be satisfied for some time :smile_phones:

Aug 9, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #37 of 381
Great thread and the review and comments have definitely made my mind up that the 1990 Pro will be my next purchase. I was looking for a more neutral airy headphone with sparkly treble and fast tight bass (£500 limit) to compliment the warm, relaxed nature of my PM-1. Both will be run from a Chord Mojo. With this set up I think all my musical needs will be satisfied for some time :smile_phones:

Let us know what you think once you have spent some time with them :)

Aug 10, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #38 of 381
I agree with you on all counts for the Amiron. It's my personal favorite all around headphone, by a long shot. And I've tried it with various amps my friends own and for me, I love the synergy it has with the A20 best. I need to get an A2 at some point! Has anybody heard both the amiron and T5p? I've pretty much written off the T1 given the sound signature. I need more bass body.
can u compare the sound of the dt 880 with the amiron home and also the 1990, which has the best lushy,organic,life like midrange ??

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #39 of 381
can u compare the sound of the dt 880 with the amiron home and also the 1990, which has the best lushy,organic,life like midrange ??

I have the 600 Ohm version of the DT880 and it is hard to drive from a good powerful DAP. It was much easier to drive the Beyer T1.2 with the same DAP.

I reckon the DT1990 is in a different league to the DT880 (600) and I preferred the 1990 to the T1.2.

Aug 11, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #40 of 381
Screenshot_20170811_110634.png
Screenshot_20170811_110634.png
I have the 600 Ohm version of the DT880 and it is hard to drive from a good powerful DAP. It was much easier to drive the Beyer T1.2 with the same DAP.

I reckon the DT1990 is in a different league to the DT880 (600) and I preferred the 1990 to the T1.2.
U prefer the dt 1990 than the t1 2nd gen?? Enough!!! Finally its time to test it, so many of my friends have said that 1990 is the closest to the t1. Is this deal good enough???

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #41 of 381

U prefer the dt 1990 than the t1 2nd gen?? Enough!!! Finally its time to test it, so many of my friends have said that 1990 is the closest to the t1. Is this deal good enough???

I would say that the 1990 sounds more musical to my ears with more forward mids, while the T1.2 is dryer and more analytical with great soundstage.

I preferred the A-pads on the 1990 but ideally I would like a mix of A & B pads.

Ideally if you could try before you buy.

I am not a fan of the Fiio A5 amp and the case is worth $25 and 32 Gigs is small these days but the deal is a nice sweetener.

I recently got a Fidelio X2 for £129 on Amazon UK Prime day and really liking it.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #42 of 381
The 1990 definitely is a great sounding headphone. When I demoed it at Audio46 in NYC, I think the balanced pads were on. These are definitely at the top of my list for next pair to own. Curious to hear the A pads.

Aug 11, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #43 of 381
I would say that the 1990 sounds more musical to my ears with more forward mids, while the T1.2 is dryer and more analytical with great soundstage.

I preferred the A-pads on the 1990 but ideally I would like a mix of A & B pads.

Ideally if you could try before you buy.

I am not a fan of the Fiio A5 amp and the case is worth $25 and 32 Gigs is small these days but the deal is a nice sweetener.

I recently got a Fidelio X2 for £129 on Amazon UK Prime day and really liking it.
Thanks a lot man for providing me the knowledge of the "mids" because that is exactly what which matters me the most because in our regional music the originality and organic sounding vocals is a must have thing so i highly appreciate this fact. As for the A5 i think it can efficiently power the dt 1990, what do u think??

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #45 of 381
Thanks a lot man for providing me the knowledge of the "mids" because that is exactly what which matters me the most because in our regional music the originality and organic sounding vocals is a must have thing so i highly appreciate this fact. As for the A5 i think it can efficiently power the dt 1990, what do u think??

The 1990 is quite easy to drive and a decent DAP has no problem driving them without compromise.

I have had several amps and I always found that an additional amp effects the transparency and is a bulky pain.

I think the mids on the X2 are very good and if you get it at a good price it is hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back