Professional Musician looking for help
Jul 16, 2011 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pro musician

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, found this forum while looking for equipment on google for my professional band. Unfortunately due to sponsoring and such I wont be able to tell you who I am or what my bands name is (sorry). but in a couple weeks time you can buy my album off of iTunes honestly its better than any beatles or foo fighter album you've got in your collection. but getting back to the point..

currently im using my little brothers headsets he uses to play xbox with, they were like $130 with the sound synthesizer/amplifier so they're pretty good. I feel like there's a small market for headphones and I should just keep using what I've got now cause it's not broken but I'm being recommended to buy a new pair of cans for listening to music and stuff especially when experimenting with some science and dark science (on occasion).

Anyways I've been using a pair of Turtle Beach dx11's http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-dx11.aspx and I'm very interested in a couple pair of headphones.

1. Denon AHD2000

2. Bowers & Wilkins p5

3. Sony MDR-7520

and the, probably, obvious choices for someone looking to get a nicer pair of headphones like the senns 555/595s.

I generally listen to anything, I switch around. A lot of older rock, a lot of older rap, a lot of newer rap, new pop, old pop. my music tastes are very dynamic.

Jul 16, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 7
the sony 7520 is far better than any other you've listed..

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #5 of 7
HD600 or K701 with the right amp; DT770 if you need to work near a mic. Works great off the recording consoles, too.

BTW, since you mentioned the sponsorships issue, can you at least tell us what monitors you use or if you've used others that you prefer? The HD600 and K701 sound totally different but while I imagine the AKG to be more widely used, I won't be surprised if some aso use the Sennheiser for evaluating the overall mix before they're approved for release.

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #7 of 7
I think a big part of the amusement is the way you feel the need to boast, ie. your name and the half the thread not being about the headphones.
It's hard for people to give advice when they don't know what kind of sound you personally prefer, or if they're going to be for studio use or something else.

The D2000 and the P5 aren't made for studio use and ain't flat enough.

Quote:

y tho

the headsets are a joke? ok link me to some good pro gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back